Should teachers in the US be armed?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

SpoonJuly

First: Do you have an idea of the difference in the order of magnitude of costs? Did you research that?

Second: Where did you get the information about "we pay teachers about transgendering"
Many teachers, male and female, in my area are hunters and know how to handle firearm. Some even have conceal carry permits. You might be surprised how many already know how to protect themselves, just need permission.

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
May I repeat my question?
Do you have evidence that allowing weapons improves things?

Is there a statistically significant decrease in the number of deaths by firearms in Texas and Georgia with
respect to states with different rules?
There are no statistics in the US, because it has only been very recently that teachers were armed. Like I said about the Argyle school system... they have had armed teachers for a few years, and they publicly announce that some of the teachers are armed. There have been no shootings there. I mean, how do you prove a negative?

Jan 6, 2018
There are no statistics in the US, because it has only been very recently that teachers were armed. Like I said about the Argyle school system... they have had armed teachers for a few years, and they publicly announce that some of the teachers are armed. There have been no shootings there. I mean, how do you prove a negative?
So, there is no evidence that this will work.

Jan 6, 2018
Many teachers, male and female, in my area are hunters and know how to handle firearm. Some even have conceal carry permits. You might be surprised how many already know how to protect themselves, just need permission.
Do you really think that shooting at a bird is the same that facing a criminal with an AR-15?

S

SpoonJuly

Do you really think that shooting at a bird is the same that facing a criminal with an AR-15?
It is obvious you do not understand us country folks.
Lots of vets and folks that ain't scared of much.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
My concern is anyone law enforcement person reacting to an active shooting with armed teachers engaging a shooter may believe that the teacher is the shooter and take the teacher out.

When this happens, the public will scream for the law enforcement person to be prosecuted and the left will have a field day.

I prefer locking all entrances during the school day except one that directly opens into the school office. In addition place a armed resource officer (we us a sheriff's deputy) on each floor, or in each building. Teachers should also lock doors to classrooms during class.

K

kaylagrl

I haven't checked to see if there was a study but Im sure there will be one before any of this is implemented.

K

kaylagrl

I remember those days. When I was 16, I got a new 12 gauge shotgun for Christmas. Put it in the gun rack in my pickup, took it to school to show all my friends. Some of the teachers even came out to see it.
My how things have changed.

Which begs the question "why have things changed"?

Aug 2, 2009
​I've heard nothing about the shooter being bullied....
I heard on the radio right after the shooting that he had been bullied. In any case... he gave sufficient warning on youtube and facebook (or was it twitter) about what he wanted to do (shoot up a school).

K

kaylagrl

Teachers want to teach they didn't sign up for target practice on kids/people who decide to come into the schools to shoot up other students/teachers.

It's a very sad world we live in these days and parents plus teachers should teach love, acceptance and tolerance for different cultures and skin colors. If we as adults would lead our children by example instead of all the hate they see these days life as we all know it could be so different.

The only teachers that should be armed are those that really want to be it should never be mandated for them to have to be.

Parents and teachers should pay more attention to the kids who are bullied, picked on, being abused at home, notice the ones that aren't quite right with possible mental issues and teachers make suggestions for them to get help and the parents should get them help.

No one needs an assault riffle unless you are military or police they should be banned and mandated to be turned in for the ones already out in the private sector.

I don't care if you want to go hunting or have a concealed weapon or have a gun in your home. But this killing of kids in schools needs to be stopped.

Teachers want to teach they didn't sign up for target practice on kids/people who decide to come into the schools to shoot up other students/teachers.
I say this respectfully, teachers don't sign up to loose their lives by throwing themselves in front of students either.

It's a very sad world we live in these days and parents plus teachers should teach love, acceptance and tolerance for different cultures and skin colors. If we as adults would lead our children by example instead of all the hate they see these days life as we all know it could be so different.

Again,with respect,we are taught more tolerance and acceptance than ever before. We have counselors at schools for bullying. And yet here we are with more mass shootings,more school shootings than say the 1950s,why is that?!

No one needs an assault riffle unless you are military or police they should be banned and mandated to be turned in for the ones already out in the private sector.
Clinton already banned this type of weapon and a study was done,it said that it made no difference in mass murders.

K

kaylagrl

I heard on the radio right after the shooting that he had been bullied. In any case... he gave sufficient warning on youtube and facebook (or was it twitter) about what he wanted to do (shoot up a school).
Could be true,I just hadn't heard it on any mainstream news.Not that I trust them anyway.

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
One day an armed teacher might decide to go off, who knows. Almost every city and town has a N

Aug 2, 2009
Could be true,I just hadn't heard it on any mainstream news.Not that I trust them anyway.
Well, I'd be surprised if he wasn't bullied. They said he was short and had a small build and on tv, some medical expert was saying that he looked like he had the facial features of someone who had suffered from fetal alcohol syndrome (caused by the mom drinking while pregnant). I didn't hear about the bullying any other time except on the radio that one time but I think the people on tv were talking about him being bullied because they were discussing his strange appearance. I tuned in late.

Feb 22, 2018
The Black mayor of Gary Indiana Richard Hatcher gave the country the best solution to the issue of school shooting , I am guessing because he was black and the need for news outs lets to drive the conversation in favor of the NRA they are only discussing the Mayors suggestion behind closed doors ,, when it surfaces it would have been bleached and accepted ....

Gabriel2020

May 6, 2017
Every city and town in America has a National Guard sitting around doing nothing. Posting two guards at all schools will put the fear in any shooter, because the military is involved. That is what they get paid for, . to put their lives on the line for this country and it's citizens.

S

SpoonJuly

Which begs the question "why have things changed"?
I have an opinion as to why.
As I was growing up, church and family were the center of my and other kid's life. Not so today.
Movies, TV, and video games glorify violence and breaking the rules. Such people are made heroes and become role models for kids. They want to be recognized and admired and for some, violence and breaking the rules is the way to do so.

This all falls back on parents for allowing this to happen.

That is my opinion.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Seems it would be rather convenient for a student to attack and disarm a teacher

hornetguy

Jan 18, 2016
Just as there is no evidence that it will NOT work.

Actually, there is more evidence that it WILL work, than there is that it WON'T work.

Jan 6, 2018
Just as there is no evidence that it will NOT work.

Actually, there is more evidence that it WILL work, than there is that it WON'T work.
You did not give any evidence, so I do not know how you compare.
I asked this for the first time this morning and nobody was able to provide any evidence.

Normally, if you change something important, you would like some evidence that it
produces the desired effect.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
trained police officers average 18% accuracy during a shootout so I'm not convinced this is a good idea