should the world rejoice?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jacob_g

Sep 1, 2019
Let the World rejoice! A GREAT EVIL IS DEAD!!! Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi is DEAD!!!

I remember when Osama bin Laden was killed I had friends with a false righteousness think it was evil that we celebrated his death. We "argued" that day over what the Bible said about the death of the wicked....

Should the world rejoice?

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
I was listening to some commentary on this on CBC radio while driving home from work earlier tonight. Al-Baghdadi was targeted in Syria's northwestern Idlib province, in the Barisha area, late Saturday. The ISIS leader detonated a suicide vest during the operation, killing himself and three of his children. The point was made that he did seem to be a major player in the setting up of Isis and the Caliphate etc, inspiring many to murder for the cause of the spread of Islam, and hundreds of thousands if not millions of deaths were attributed to him. However, it was not known if he was just a figurehead or the master mind behind much of Isis, and part of the problem in knowing this is due to the fact that he kept much of his past very well hidden. If he was merely a figurehead, things will go on pretty much as per usual. If he was indeed the "master mind" behind much of it, then a great blow has been struck to the evil of Islam. Will it stop it? No. Their stated goal is to destroy our way of life, and Muslim "radicals" will continue to infiltrate the west in their attempts to destroy us from within, using our own laws against us as they mewl for tolerance and agitate for Sharia law. Christians especially need to wake up to this fact.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
Of course we should rejoice. A very powerful and influential entity of evil incarnate has been eradicated from our existence. And my beer tastes absolutely fantastic this beautiful day because of it.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
His death is bittersweet. My tears are for three children who had to have a horrible life. What a horrible thing to do to those children!

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
The Lord looked over Jerusalem knowing their fate they were going to choose and wept. Jonah was sent to the Nazi's of his day because he knew God would relent and save Nineveh if they repented. Scripture tells us that when I saw the fate of the wicked I no longer rejoiced. Should we rejoice? Only if we want to be on the opposite side of our Lord. The Lord told David that he was not allowed to build the Lord's temple because he shed blood. Judgment is His strange work and if we are meant to be like Him I would think judgment should be the even stranger work of His people.

Lightskin

Aug 16, 2019
His death is bittersweet. My tears are for three children who had to have a horrible life. What a horrible thing to do to those children!
People like ali babba have no regard for the sanctity of life. Those children died before the age of reason and acting upon the hatred shoved down their throat.

Dec 12, 2013
There is a balance to be struck with this topic and the bible has much to say on the subject.....

WHILE I can be glad that a very evil, murderous man that is opposed to biblical Christianity and Western philosophy is no longer here, I must also CARRY the biblical truth of the following....

The Lord takes no pleasure in the death of the wicked

and

We are not to rejoice when our enemies fall

Both are in the bible....Sonis Romans which also states that God uses the powers that be to work his will on the planet and this dude REAPED what he was sowing.......

His destiny is sealed, and contrary to some and what they believe....he will pay the price for eternity!

U

UnderGrace

Of course we should rejoice. A very powerful and influential entity of evil incarnate has been eradicated from our existence. And my beer tastes absolutely fantastic this beautiful day because of it.
Woah, @Lightskin :(

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
praise God. good job american forces. it does say do not rejoice when your enemy falls but it also says this:

Proverbs 11:10
When the righteous thrive, the city rejoices, and when the wicked perish, there are shouts of joy.

Psalm 58:10
The righteous will rejoice when he sees the vengeance; He will wash his feet in the blood of the wicked.

U

UnderGrace

I remember when Osama bin Laden was killed I had friends with a false righteousness think it was evil that we celebrated his death. We "argued" that day over what the Bible said about the death of the wicked....

Relieved yes... Rejoice no

Melach

Mar 28, 2019
Just keeping it real, my Lady. ❤️ May God have mercy on his soul, but that said, I’m glad he’s dead and no longer a threat to anyone.
i love the way you think we are so alike. keeping it real. sounds like me.

Sep 29, 2019

Rejoice? I,m not sure. Haven't we been rejoicing for centuries over the death of various wicked people? Still they appear. Cut off the head of the hydra and another one appears. Let's look at the evil in our own hearts and lance our own boils before we "rejoice" in other peoples deaths. We all have the potential to be an Abu Bakr al- Baghdadi. Given enough power and weapons our own evil could be the same.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
God told us what the Ishmaelites were going to be like long ago. Of Ishmael (Gen. 16:12):

He will be a wild donkey of a man; his hand will be against everyone and
everyone's hand against him, and he will live in hostility toward all his brothers.

Of Ishmael's descendants (
Genesis 25:18):
Ishmael’s descendants settled from Havilah to Shur, which is near the border of
Egypt as you go toward Asshur. And they lived in hostility toward all their brothers.

Despite God calling Isaac Abraham's only son, Islam considers Ishmael to be the son of
promise through whom the whole world would be blessed. Muslims claim that the son
Abraham was going to sacrifice was Ishmael and not Isaac, and it is this deception that
lends itself to them revering Mohammed as the final prophet in a long line of messengers
sent by God which included, among others, Adam, Noah, Abraham, Moses and Jesus. :oops:

T

tasha66

Doesn't it say in the Bible that 'You reap what you sow' ?
Evil is as evil does. If you perpetrate evil, say evil things, force evil upon others, or spew out evil thoughts whether by writing etc - then someone out there is going to eventually get you, and put a stop to it.

Shekinahglory

Aug 29, 2019
Doesn't it say in the Bible that 'You reap what you sow' ?
Evil is as evil does. If you perpetrate evil, say evil things, force evil upon others, or spew out evil thoughts whether by writing etc - then someone out there is going to eventually get you, and put a stop to it.
it also tells us when asked why the man was born in the condition he was if he or his parents sinned causing his condition. The answer was this had happened that the glory of God could be displayed. God tells us His rain comes upon the wicked and the righteous. Should we be imatators of Christ? Give to everyone who asks of you. This is one of the reasons we are under Grace. Under Law you look into it and it tells what to do if you lost an axe head for example. No need to pray just follow what’s written. Under Grace we have these gray areas where we are to be like Jacob who wrestled with God in darkness and did not stop until all he could do was cling to the Lord the light was beginning to shine and Jacob’s walk was forever changed. It isn’t meant to be easy and it isn’t.

Whispered

Aug 17, 2019
www.christiancourier.com

We should rejoice that evil has been stopped, yes, absolutely! But I do not think we should rejoice at the eternal fate the evil one(s) will suffer when they are dead.

You might consider sharing this with those friends.
How should Christians react to the death of evil people?