Showing Favoritism

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Dec 19, 2009
Is it good for people in high places to show favoritism, or should they always try to people fairly? The reason I ask is that sometimes it seems to me people in high places do show favoritism, and it doesn’t seem right to me.

L

lightbliss

I must admit, I'm guilty of showing favoritism towards my friends.

But regarding your particular situation this is what the Bible says.

James 2:1
My brothers, show no partiality as you hold the faith in our Lord Jesus Christ, the Lord of glory

James 2:9
But if you show partiality, you are committing sin and are convicted by the law as transgressors.

Galatians 3:28
There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is no male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Deuteronomy 10:17
For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God, who is not partial and takes no bribe.

James 2:5
Listen, my beloved brothers, has not God chosen those who are poor in the world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom, which he has promised to those who love him?

Romans 12:2
Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect

I hope this helps :)

May 21, 2009
I guess your talking about people in the church?? All people in the church are eqaul. God is no respector of persons. There should be no people in the church trying to make themselves out as better than others. The bible says we are all priest.

The people in the church shouldn't be sitting back thinking others have more gofts or powers from God than they do. All people are to learn of God then go out and do more than he did as the word tells you.

The ones putting themselves on their own man made thrones will be knocked down soon. The ones sitting in the pews and not taking on their rightly places and doing as God has instructed both will held accountable.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
People in high places trade on favors. They favor those who are obsequious towards them. Things have gotten to the point that favoritism has overcome good sense, and leaders do as they do regardless of the eventual outcome. They like to be fawned over, and favor those who do so.

The problem with this is that there is no real responsibility towards the country, government, company, workers, whatever. Whenever gaining favor is the main, or even in some cases the sole motivation for what one does, wisdom will not be in evidence at all. The eventual outcome will be ruin.

C

charisenexcelcis

Is it good for people in high places to show favoritism, or should they always try to people fairly? The reason I ask is that sometimes it seems to me people in high places do show favoritism, and it doesn’t seem right to me.
Sometimes treating others fairly involves favoritism. The stronger must favor the weaker.

M

MaggieMye

Favoritism is partiality or bias towards another person. It is FAVOR given to another person, undeserved. I say UNdeserved, because if it WAS deserved, then it would be wisdom...to give repsonsibility to someone that has proven themselves worthy is to use wisdom. To give favor to someone, without bias/partiality/favoritism that does not deserve it is called grace...giving them either a second chance or opportunity to learn.

Maggie

C

charisenexcelcis

Favoritism is partiality or bias towards another person. It is FAVOR given to another person, undeserved. I say UNdeserved, because if it WAS deserved, then it would be wisdom...to give repsonsibility to someone that has proven themselves worthy is to use wisdom. To give favor to someone, without bias/partiality/favoritism that does not deserve it is called grace...giving them either a second chance or opportunity to learn.

Maggie
We are just using the words differently. I posted my comment before I read the others and how they were using the word. Partiality is unBiblical. Grace is the greatest form of favoritism and it is absolutely impartial.

A

AgeofKnowledge

I have found that God loves each of so much that He shows favoritism to each and every one of us. But then He's God. :)