So that they may forget the law

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I was reading Maccabees last night and while I was reading this scripture I saw so many parallels in life today. I know it is happening here in the US, I wondered if many of you in other countries are seeing the same.
Here is the scripture and then I speak to it.

1 Maccabees1:44 The king sent messingers with letters to Jerusalem and to the cities of Judah, ordering them to follow custom foriegn to their land: 45 to prohibit holocosts, sacrifices, and libations in the sanctuary, profane the sabbaths and feast days, 46 to desicrate the santuary and sacred ministers, 47 to build pagen and alters and shrines, to sacrifice swine and unclean animals, 48 to leave their sons uncercumsised, and to let them selves be defiled with every impurity and abomination,
49 so that they might forget the law and change all their observances.

Over the last few decades I have watched the powers that be work to remove every referance to God, every right of believers, every evidence of our heritage of faith in God, every monument dedicaded, every thing that would remind all of what those and we of today and yesterday, hold dear in Jesus.
Even going so far as to remove the flag from as many places as possible, removing the cherished places in the name of advancement or renewal.
Claiming new acts as good when in soul you know it as wrong.
This scripture showed the perpose of such acts, it seemed so true today.

Do you see this happening as well, should we take warning of such acts?
I do not want to cause fear with this , simply wisdom, so that we will not let ourselves forget.
What do you think?

God bless, pickles

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Good question.
I think maybe a little differently about this subject.
The United States started somewhat as a Christian country, but definitely as one that believed in God. 200 years later, the result of this country's mindset is beginning to bear fruit. Fiath in God grows in adversity, in trials, in persecution. Faith has a much harder time growing in good times, in prosperity, in well being. Peter wrote for us not to be surprised at the ordeal which is come upon us, that we not think it something strange, but that it comes to test us and purify us and to prove our faith which is more precious than gold.
This concept is foriegn to the Christian community in this country. Faith is weak.

But I believe we are comming to the last days, and that a strong faith is needed. And that the principles that are founded in a strong faith have passed from our society, like true management and leadership, and building for the future. Everything today is about profit, making money. There is no storing up for the future.

Daniel, the prophet, was given a vision of the last days. An angel was sent to him to explain the viosio. This messenger explained the actions of the Antichrist. But he also showed Daniel something very frightening. He showed how the saints would be persecuted by this Antichrist for some period of time, until the end. He said that the saints would fall by plunder, and by captivity, and by sword. But this is to purify them(us) and make them pure and white.
I try not to judge the things that are happening in the world. I think that what is happening must happen. I don't like it, but I see it and know that God is working.
And I pray for those who are lost in their deceptions. God says that their silver and their gold will testify against them. That will be a very sad day.

Blessings sister,
in Christ

May 16, 2010
Definitlley not just the USA,I can assure you the same thing is happening in CanaDUH! I may love my country,but I Love the ONE who blessed me with the Privalage to be here MORE! I really like VW'S response,as when I first found The Truth, it was rather comforting to discover that OUR FATHER feels the same way WE do;No No lad your NOT crazy,The World IS! I Love the part where HE is refering to this paticular generation and Say's; Though they build their tower(refering to the tower of Babolyn} right into heaven this time; I Still take it as an INSULT; And I WILL Knock it down!!! These are not the precise words used,But either way you read it,still means the same thing! Love & Peace Forever in CHRIST!!!

C

charisenexcelcis

I think that it is particularly apropriate because the enemy of the Macabee, Antiochus Epiphanes was, IMO, the prototype antichrist.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Good question.
I think maybe a little differently about this subject.
The United States started somewhat as a Christian country, but definitely as one that believed in God. 200 years later, the result of this country's mindset is beginning to bear fruit. Fiath in God grows in adversity, in trials, in persecution. Faith has a much harder time growing in good times, in prosperity, in well being. Peter wrote for us not to be surprised at the ordeal which is come upon us, that we not think it something strange, but that it comes to test us and purify us and to prove our faith which is more precious than gold.
This concept is foriegn to the Christian community in this country. Faith is weak.

But I believe we are comming to the last days, and that a strong faith is needed. And that the principles that are founded in a strong faith have passed from our society, like true management and leadership, and building for the future. Everything today is about profit, making money. There is no storing up for the future.

Daniel, the prophet, was given a vision of the last days. An angel was sent to him to explain the viosio. This messenger explained the actions of the Antichrist. But he also showed Daniel something very frightening. He showed how the saints would be persecuted by this Antichrist for some period of time, until the end. He said that the saints would fall by plunder, and by captivity, and by sword. But this is to purify them(us) and make them pure and white.
I try not to judge the things that are happening in the world. I think that what is happening must happen. I don't like it, but I see it and know that God is working.
And I pray for those who are lost in their deceptions. God says that their silver and their gold will testify against them. That will be a very sad day.

Blessings sister,
in Christ
VW, I agree, my point is that we are aware. More for our children and their future. This scripture stood out for me because of the wisdom we can gleen from scriptures. The good part is that Judas and his brothers took a stand against this, fighting to claim their belief and their lands. God Our Father gave them success.
Im not one to get involved in the actions of our goverment, I believe and go so far as to be informed , inform others and vote in faith.
But I do believe we need to be watchfull, so as to not forget. We as christians need to keep the message of Jesus alive and a light to see.
The message I gleened was how the removal of what is witness, and the promotion of what is evil.
Can cause some to forget if they are not rooted. Our work is to plead for Christ.
That is what is being done in our country, that is what we need to testify to, so that none will forget.
Thankyou VW, we always need to remember that these things are to be.
God bless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Definitlley not just the USA,I can assure you the same thing is happening in CanaDUH! I may love my country,but I Love the ONE who blessed me with the Privalage to be here MORE! I really like VW'S response,as when I first found The Truth, it was rather comforting to discover that OUR FATHER feels the same way WE do;No No lad your NOT crazy,The World IS! I Love the part where HE is refering to this paticular generation and Say's; Though they build their tower(refering to the tower of Babolyn} right into heaven this time; I Still take it as an INSULT; And I WILL Knock it down!!! These are not the precise words used,But either way you read it,still means the same thing! Love & Peace Forever in CHRIST!!!
Thankyou Glowing, it is interesting to hear this is happening else where. It does support the actions of the antichrist. That this is not just here.
Time will reviel the truth.:D
God bless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I think that it is particularly apropriate because the enemy of the Macabee, Antiochus Epiphanes was, IMO, the prototype antichrist.
Thankyou char. This is what I wanted to be seen. How we can take wisdom from the OT even now.
That we should not forget.The OT is dismissed to often, it should not be.
It causes me to consider revelations even more, I see that it is written so as to apply compleatly and clearly for when the time God decides. I have no doubt that every word will be clear then.
God bless, pickles

C

Consumed

old testament shows that by the fourth generation a blessed nation has forgotten who bless the nation to start with and trust in their chariots as their power. sound familiar?? americas is 200yrs old, hmmm, thats four generations back i think, and yes the country lost its christian values along the way in the guise of freedom. We are either bound to God or bound to sin, no compromise given nor tolerated, Either way though, cause God in His infinite mercy always leads His people back minus the chaff, pls i hope this doesnt offend, just my view and take on it. my half brother is an american and has been for the last 40yrs, sad to see once a great prominent nation sell itself out for what is a morsel of bread, greed, root of all evil is the love of money. God bless america, In God We trusted(as a whole) it should read but now we trust in our chariots,,

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
old testament shows that by the fourth generation a blessed nation has forgotten who bless the nation to start with and trust in their chariots as their power. sound familiar?? americas is 200yrs old, hmmm, thats four generations back i think, and yes the country lost its christian values along the way in the guise of freedom. We are either bound to God or bound to sin, no compromise given nor tolerated, Either way though, cause God in His infinite mercy always leads His people back minus the chaff, pls i hope this doesnt offend, just my view and take on it. my half brother is an american and has been for the last 40yrs, sad to see once a great prominent nation sell itself out for what is a morsel of bread, greed, root of all evil is the love of money. God bless america, In God We trusted(as a whole) it should read but now we trust in our chariots,,
That is a good point, the forth generation.
I do want to say for many here in the U.S. , is that most reject the public show of this nation.
But , there is a true separation , I believe happening around the would ,as here as well. No more grey,or lukewarm, one is in Jesus- or they are not.
I believe the true test is coming, we just have to be sure we are watchful. :D
Thankyou and God bless, pickles

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I came across this in Maccabees as well, it is spoken of in this book a few times.
1 Maccabees 3:14 So he said, I will make a name for myself by defeating Judas and his followers.
( He Lost) This same way of thinking is refrenced to, when 2 of Judas's brothers went into battle as well against their brothers warning, in hope of making a name for themselves.
( They were destroyed)
I liked these scriptures because they warn us about seeking credit for ourselves rather than working for God.
I see alot of our leaders more concerned about being in the public eye, taking credit for themselves, rather than simply working for the greater good.
Gods message here is that all is to His Glory! Not for the me.
God bless, pickles