So yeah, about the Holy Sprit.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2009
What is it really? I mean I know it's another part of God, but what is it really. I mean not like a tool is it(wait that's not blaspheming is it, right?). Besides if God won't forgive someone that blasphemes it, it has to do have some kind of importance.

D

DaveScotland

Have you ever had the expierence during worship or prayer where you heart fill's up, you feel overflowing with love and joy and awe at the same time you feel invinsible and you can do anything for God. I think that is the holy spirit.

J

jgrig2

Have you ever had the expierence during worship or prayer where you heart fill's up, you feel overflowing with love and joy and awe at the same time you feel invinsible and you can do anything for God. I think that is the holy spirit.
yes but pot does that also.

The Holy Spirit is God and I hope we do not dignify this thread with more comments because the guy who started it has stated many heretical statements that I won't dignify with a response unless he personally contacts me but I do not want to show a spirit of contention.

May 4, 2009

The Holy Spirit is God and I hope we do not dignify this thread with more comments because the guy who started it has stated many heretical statements that I won't dignify with a response unless he personally contacts me but I do not want to show a spirit of contention.
And how is trying to grow stronger as a Christian heretical?

Jan 31, 2009
What is it really? I mean I know it's another part of God, but what is it really. I mean not like a tool is it(wait that's not blaspheming is it, right?). Besides if God won't forgive someone that blasphemes it, it has to do have some kind of importance.
First of all the Holy Spirit is not an IT ! He Is God, the part that dwells with the ones that have called upon the name of the Lord with a true heart!!

E

emmajade

I was doing a search for scriptures and found this link
http://www.everystudent.com/forum/hspirit.html

But I would ask a pastor (like the nice one above me) to evaluate it, because sometimes I find stuff on the internet that turns out to be twisted or inaccurate. So uhm, pastor Keith would that page be accurate?

Apr 23, 2009
The Holy Spirit is God, God is a Spirit the Holy Spirit.

May 4, 2009
I know the basics about the Holy Spirit. I just want to know what we do with it er what it does with us. I just want to learn more about it, how to use it, how it uses me. I'm just thinking that learning that learning more about it could help me grow stronger as a Christian. Especially since I've more or less ignored it before now.

Kakashi

Jan 3, 2007

How would you say he's being heretical? He's curious about the Holy Spirit.

I'd post something atm, but I'm really tired, and have headaches. When I feel better, I will ''dignify' the thread with a response.

I suppose if I have to say something, the HS is what the bible say '' The Counselor" it is something God puts in us for us to identify with Him and listen to His counsel. The Spirit is God and a part of Him. The Spirit is God's seal upon us and down payment to show that we have been saved and that no one can grasp us out of His hand. I'd say more in better though but, again. I'm out of it lol

Last edited:

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
The Holy Spirit:

As the indweller--

When entrusting Jesus with salvation.. the Holy Spirit indwells a believer, entering their eternal spirit and sealing them.

2Co 1:21 Now he which establisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
2Co 1:22 Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

The Holy Spirit then guides, convicts, rebukes, empowers and teaches a believer through His Word being applied to the believer's life.

The Holy Spirit is not an impersonal force.. but co-equal with the Father and the Son as one God.. He is personal.

The Holy Spirit is not the author of confusion.. but of a sound mind.. as Jesus and the Father are.

The Holy Spirit dwells as the comforter in a local assembly of saved baptised believers covenanted together to carry out the great commandment and commission.

The Holy Spirit is present when two or three church members gather to resolve conflicts. Matthew 18:16-20

The Holy Spirit can be hurt-- Eph 4:30 And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God that 'moved across the face of the waters'

The Holy Spirit convicts non-believers - draws them to Him.

The Holy Spirit gave gifts to men for the purpose of revealing His Word .. until the Word of God was complete- whereby faith, hope and love were the remaining gifts and still are.

The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament also annointed Kings.. as God's chosen men to lead Israel.. although this annointing did not always mean salvation.. case can be made that Saul was not a saved man. His annointing extended to the NT associated with salvation and indwelling of the Holy Spirit in a believer.

C

christlover

Hi, brother "dothacekzero"... you know, I agree with you, learning about the Holy Spirt is good for
ower feafth, But you Know the most important, you have to feel it, ...cause knowledge
ever it's very important, it gives us a theorical conception...yes it's a conception,
the Holy sperit is God, you see...at this moment, you have to do it with all your heart
open to him, and sure you'll be blessed and and get to know and feel (in this case your
knowledge will be powerful)...Pray the Lord ask him, to explain to you the holy scriptures
...the Lord in this case will give you his holy sprit..cause without it, your search
will just humain knowledge...it's said in the bile, you'll get a new intelligence....
"And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God".Romans 12:2
God bless you brother ...amen!

Status
Not open for further replies.