So You Have Knowledge ???

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
U

Unbound

As we grow in the knowledge of our Savior and the Word, it is imperative we remain humble as it is very easy for pride to sneak in and divert us from our primary purpose, edifying the body and Christ. Keeping our focus and priorities straight will prove to be far more valuable than what we know.

Love for God and for others is essential to our salvation. It is only through love that we are obedient to God. Having knowledge of the Word is a very good and important for believers to have. However, knowledge, in and of itself, is useless if we are not submissive to His will. Knowledge is not something that is essential for salvation. Salvation is not demonstrated in what we know; it is demonstrated in our motives, behaviors, and attitudes.

Salvation is not dependent upon knowledge. We can have knowledge of the Bible, but if we are not submissive to His will for us, this knowledge is absolutely meaningless. Those who know the Word of God, yet are not obedient. People such as this only deceive themselves (Jas. 11:22). They may talk a good talk and be able to relay what Scripture says, but their actions are not in accordance to His will (Titus 1:16). We should all examine ourselves to ensure we do not fall into this category.

When we are saved, the Spirit gives us a desire to obey God’s Word. This obedience is the result of, and not the basis for, our salvation (Eph. 2:8-10). We are saved by grace, through faith. True faith is much more than a belief in God. James 2:19 tells us, “even demons believe, and tremble”. Our belief must be reinforced with obedience. Without obedience, our faith is dead. However, our faith is perfected through obedience (Jas. 2:14-26). Our obedience testifies of our belief and thus is an essential element of our faith.

Love is the most essential element of our salvation. It is only through God’s love that we even have salvation at all (John 3:16). We are to Love the Lord with our whole heart (Deut. 6:5). We demonstrate His love for us, and our love for Him, when we follow His will (John 15:10). He has commanded us to love each other as He loves us (John 15:12). If we do not have love, can we truly say we have salvation? We may have knowledge, faith, and gifts, but if we do not have love, we are nothing (1 Cor. 13). However, if we are truly saved and walk in the Spirit, the Spirit will bear fruit in our lives (Gal.5:22-23). Love, being fruit of the Spirit, is a testimony of our salvation. It is in this way the Spirit is a witness to the fact we are born of God (1 John 5:1-9).

WE ONLY HAVE SALVATION THROUGH JESUS CHRIST (John 3:16-17; 14:6). Those who truly love Him are obedient to His commands (1 John 1:3). A mature Christian will display this with a love for others. They will do this to the point or putting the needs of others before their own desires. We are shown this in the 8th chapter of 1st Corinthians. We are obligated to others through our obligation to Christ.

We know Christ abides in us, and we in Him, by our obedience to His Word (1 John 1:5). By this we know we are saved. If we abide in Him, His love, and love for our brothers and sisters, we will have no reason to stumble (1 John 1:10). Imagine the implications of that. That is just how powerful love is. Love completely frees us from the power of sin. Knowledge does not have the power to and cannot set us free from sin. We can only be truly free through love, faith, and obedience to the Savior.

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Let's illustrate how man lives by every word of God (Mt 4:4) as he grows in grace and knowledge of the LORD Jesus Christ (2Pt 3:18). In (John 13:34,35) we are commanded by the LORD to love one another as He has loved us. We go to (1Cor 13) to find out what the love of God is like. If God is love, and He is, then love is of God (1John 4:7-21). Up to this point, if we have read these scriptures and allowed the Holy Spirit to teach and guide us, we have learned what the love of God is. The scriptures have introduced to our mind the knowledge and doctrine of the love of God. Now we need the grace of God to apply that knowledge in the plan of God. How does that happen? Let's say that your brother has a weakness that is hurting his fellowship with you and others. You have approached him on it but it has not changed. How are you going to love your weak brother. In (1Cor 13:7) you read that love bears all things, hopes, believes and endures all things. Is your love going to be patience and kind and hope all things for your brother? How long will you wait and endure? How long has God been waiting? Aren't you glad you had the knowledge of (1Cor 13) so that you could walk in the light of love toward your brother? Some have not that knowledge and do not know how to walk in love. That's just for starters.

BLC

Banned
Feb 28, 2009
Look at (Phil 1:9) 'And this I pray, that your love may abound yet more and more in knowledge and in all judgment'. Love here is agape – which is God's love that is shed abroad in the heart by the Holy Spirit (Rom 5:5). Paul prays that this love may abound (more and more), the verb is perisseuo – meaning to be furnished abundantly beyond a fixed measure, a continual increase. The more and more points to a continuation without limitation. This love is to abound in two things, knowledge and judgment. Knowledge is epignosis – a full, thorough, precise and accurate knowledge, and judgment is aisthesis – discernment and understanding gained through the knowledge that has been applied, full perception.

Paraphrase: Paul prays that the believers at Phillipi would have the love of God, that they possess, would continually be furnished and increase with precise and accurate knowledge and the application of that knowledge that leads to discernment and understanding. Wisdom is the application of knowledge that results in understanding. Paul is speaking of the wisdom of the love of God in the believer's life. We are to walk in that wisdom toward them who are without it (Col 4:5), redeeming the time. The Holy Spirit is the one who sheds abroad (pours out and distributes) the love of God in our hearts. If that love does not abound and grow in knowledge and judgment, the Holy Spirit will be grieved (Eph 4:30) and God's love will become inactive in our hearts.

olivetree32

Jan 4, 2009
As we grow in the knowledge of our Savior and the Word, it is imperative we remain humble as it is very easy for pride to sneak in and divert us from our primary purpose, edifying the body and Christ. Keeping our focus and priorities straight will prove to be far more valuable than what we know.

Love for God and for others is essential to our salvation. It is only through love that we are obedient to God. Having knowledge of the Word is a very good and important for believers to have. However, knowledge, in and of itself, is useless if we are not submissive to His will. Knowledge is not something that is essential for salvation. Salvation is not demonstrated in what we know; it is demonstrated in our motives, behaviors, and attitudes.

Salvation is not dependent upon knowledge. We can have knowledge of the Bible, but if we are not submissive to His will for us, this knowledge is absolutely meaningless. Those who know the Word of God, yet are not obedient. People such as this only deceive themselves (Jas. 11:22). They may talk a good talk and be able to relay what Scripture says, but their actions are not in accordance to His will (Titus 1:16). We should all examine ourselves to ensure we do not fall into this category.

When we are saved, the Spirit gives us a desire to obey God’s Word. This obedience is the result of, and not the basis for, our salvation (Eph. 2:8-10). We are saved by grace, through faith. True faith is much more than a belief in God. James 2:19 tells us, “even demons believe, and tremble”. Our belief must be reinforced with obedience. Without obedience, our faith is dead. However, our faith is perfected through obedience (Jas. 2:14-26). Our obedience testifies of our belief and thus is an essential element of our faith.

Love is the most essential element of our salvation. It is only through God’s love that we even have salvation at all (John 3:16). We are to Love the Lord with our whole heart (Deut. 6:5). We demonstrate His love for us, and our love for Him, when we follow His will (John 15:10). He has commanded us to love each other as He loves us (John 15:12). If we do not have love, can we truly say we have salvation? We may have knowledge, faith, and gifts, but if we do not have love, we are nothing (1 Cor. 13). However, if we are truly saved and walk in the Spirit, the Spirit will bear fruit in our lives (Gal.5:22-23). Love, being fruit of the Spirit, is a testimony of our salvation. It is in this way the Spirit is a witness to the fact we are born of God (1 John 5:1-9).

WE ONLY HAVE SALVATION THROUGH JESUS CHRIST (John 3:16-17; 14:6). Those who truly love Him are obedient to His commands (1 John 1:3). A mature Christian will display this with a love for others. They will do this to the point or putting the needs of others before their own desires. We are shown this in the 8th chapter of 1st Corinthians. We are obligated to others through our obligation to Christ.

We know Christ abides in us, and we in Him, by our obedience to His Word (1 John 1:5). By this we know we are saved. If we abide in Him, His love, and love for our brothers and sisters, we will have no reason to stumble (1 John 1:10). Imagine the implications of that. That is just how powerful love is. Love completely frees us from the power of sin. Knowledge does not have the power to and cannot set us free from sin. We can only be truly free through love, faith, and obedience to the Savior.
hi unbound, here are just a few verses that were comming to mind as i was reading your post.
1Cr 8:1Now concerning things offered to idols: We know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffs up, but love edifies.
1Cr 13:1Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal.1Cr 13:2And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.Luk 10:17Then the seventy [fn] returned with joy, saying, "Lord, even the demons are subject to us in Your name."Luk 10:18And He said to them, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.Luk 10:19Behold, I give you the authority to trample on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy, and nothing shall by any means hurt you.Luk 10:20Nevertheless do not rejoice in this, that the spirits are subject to you, but rather [fn] rejoice because your names are written in heaven."

K

Kyra

Unbound: AMEN. I AGREE.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program...

p.s. I would have just given you rep, but the system won't let me.

Missy

Jan 15, 2009
Amen Unbound!

R

Raeshelle

AMen Unbound.. I am impressed so far I think this is the first forum that no one is arguing on.. I like this alot!!!

C

carpetmanswife

LOVE!! LOVE?? whats love got to do with it?? ever heard the tina turner song? huh ?? have u? :rolleyes: *sarcasm alert* just wanted to make rae rae all comfy inside. lol *hugs* :D

R

Raeshelle

LOL.. Well Love has alot to do with it when it comes to Jesus, CMW.. HAHAHA.. But other then that.. Umm I am not sure.. hehe

K

KingdomGeneration

Amen & Amen!

Great stuff Unbound... keep it coming!

S

sylesa

so true.Where there is pride in ones 'knowledge' ,really ,this indicates that we don't truly know as we think we do . :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.