Something I never considered about Adam

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
God created Adam and eventually Adam started naming animals, but what gets me is, how did he have the ability to name them? What I mean is, God had to have created Adam fully developed, not only in stature, but mentally as well. He, God, also had to give Adam an informational download, in some respect, of a fluent language and a knowledge base.

Could you imagine God like a USB drive installing information into someone? Its not like God taught Adam in a process much like we do, gradually. First letters and then words, followed by sentences. He just starts naming the animals.

Makes one think. What download, if you will, would God grant to someone today if prayerfully sought? Does God today give people downloads of information? I suppose when people have "Aha!" moments, or blueprints for inventions in the night, one can speculate it was the Lord. Just a thought.

Mar 28, 2016
God created Adam and eventually Adam started naming animals, but what gets me is, how did he have the ability to name them? What I mean is, God had to have created Adam fully developed, not only in stature, but mentally as well. He, God, also had to give Adam an informational download, in some respect, of a fluent language and a knowledge base.

Could you imagine God like a USB drive installing information into someone? Its not like God taught Adam in a process much like we do, gradually. First letters and then words, followed by sentences. He just starts naming the animals.

Makes one think. What download, if you will, would God grant to someone today if prayerfully sought? Does God today give people downloads of information? I suppose when people have "Aha!" moments, or blueprints for inventions in the night, one can speculate it was the Lord. Just a thought.
I think he was a genius in all fields with a IQ that would surpass any man today.

I would think much was lost when God corrupted this creation .His glory is hidden today .Then it was His glory, glory, glory revealed . The veil came covering it concealing it.

Last edited:
J

joefizz

Finally a new interesting,and somewhat meaningful topic!
Yep you are quite right Adam was created as an adult and his mind God already had invoked knowledge of naming,another reason to study genesis again and again!

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
We can even point out Eve, as she spoke with the serpent. Or when Adam was first recorded speaking, of Eve, saying "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh, she shall be called woman because she was taken out of man." He had a vocabulary, which is interesting.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017

I'd have to imagine that when God breathed life into Adam's nostrils and he became a living soul, that's when the Lord gave Adam all the knowledge that he would need. But remember this, Adam and God walked and talked daily as well, so you know the Lord was definitely sharing wisdom and knowledge with him too :)

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
Makes one think. What download, if you will, would God grant to someone today if prayerfully sought? Does God today give people downloads of information?

Yes.
When disciples operate the gifts of interpretation of prophecy in a Pentecostal worship
meeting; they are given the words in their mind to speak out by the Holy Spirit.

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
I'd have to imagine that when God breathed life into Adam's nostrils and he became a living soul, that's when the Lord gave Adam all the knowledge that he would need. But remember this, Adam and God walked and talked daily as well, so you know the Lord was definitely sharing wisdom and knowledge with him too :)
This line of thought made me think of something else, as well. The Trinity, having all knowledge, and being omniscient, in their conversations with one another (assuming), do their discussions come from a place of fascination? Do they look at a jellyfish and discuss it, for example, or any of their creation?

Two people can be experts in a field of study and they could discuss it with one another all day because they have a love for it. In like manner, I wonder if the Lord, Heavenly Father discusses with Jesus and Holy Spirit? Though... scripture says that the Holy Spirit knows the mind of God, which is why the question is somewhat perplexing, haha.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Its not like God taught Adam in a process much like we do,
gradually. First letters and then words, followed by sentences.
That seems to be an unfounded assumption, since we simply do not know :)

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
The Sumerians, Babylonians and Assyrians all claimed that spirit beings from
the heavens gave to them knowledge of mathematics, irrigation, architecture
and so on.

There are many mysteries in archeology concerning megalithic and very ancient sites
that are out of synch with atheistic evolutionary theories of human development.
The ancients had knowledge and skills which we cannot fathom.
And still today we cannot build the great pyramid of Cheops [claimed by the Egyptians
to have been supervised by Enoch himself].
The mathematics and engineering are truly God inspired.
With apologies to all you believers in little green men, but God did it.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
This line of thought made me think of something else, as well. The Trinity, having all knowledge, and being omniscient, in their conversations with one another (assuming), do their discussions come from a place of fascination? Do they look at a jellyfish and discuss it, for example, or any of their creation?
Two people can be experts in a field of study and they could discuss it with one another all day because they have a love for it. In like manner, I wonder if the Lord, Heavenly Father discusses with Jesus and Holy Spirit? Though... scripture says that the Holy Spirit knows the mind of God, which is why the question is somewhat perplexing, haha.
1 Does not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?
2 She stands in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.
3 She cries at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.
4 Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.

22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding
with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment:
when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
Proverbs 8:

Nov 6, 2017

Gen 2:18-20-
[SUP]18 [/SUP]Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” [SUP]19 [/SUP]Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky, and brought them to the man to see what he would call them; and whatever the man called a living creature, that was its name. [SUP]20 [/SUP]The man gave names to all the cattle, and to the birds of the sky, and to every beast of the field, but for Adam there was not found a helper suitable for him.

Gen 9:2-
[SUP]2 [/SUP]The fear of you and the terror of you will be on every beast of the earth and on every bird of the sky; with everything that creeps on the ground, and all the fish of the sea, into your hand they are given.

Based on these 2 scriptures I believe the animal kingdom was very different for Adam than we see today. I also believe based on Gen 2:18-20 & Gen 3:1-3 that animals could talk and be udnerstood by Adam and Eve before the fall. I believe the first help mate given to Adam were the animals.

Nov 6, 2017
1 Does not wisdom cry? and understanding put forth her voice?
2 She stands in the top of high places, by the way in the places of the paths.
3 She cries at the gates, at the entry of the city, at the coming in at the doors.
4 Unto you, O men, I call; and my voice is to the sons of man.

22 The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
23 I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
24 When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding
with water.
25 Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:
26 While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.
27 When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:
28 When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep:
29 When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment:
when he appointed the foundations of the earth:
30 Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
31 Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men.
Proverbs 8:
Job 28:12-28

“But where can wisdom be found?
And where is the place of understanding?
[SUP]13 [/SUP]“Man does not know its value,
Nor is it found in the land of the living.
[SUP]14 [/SUP]“The deep says, ‘It is not in me’;
And the sea says, ‘It is not with me.’
[SUP]15 [/SUP]“Pure gold cannot be given in exchange for it,
Nor can silver be weighed as its price.
[SUP]16 [/SUP]“It cannot be valued in the gold of Ophir,
In precious onyx, or sapphire.
[SUP]17 [/SUP]“Gold or glass cannot equal it,
Nor can it be exchanged for articles of fine gold.
[SUP]18 [/SUP]“Coral and crystal are not to be mentioned;
And the acquisition of wisdom is above that of pearls.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]“The topaz of Ethiopia cannot equal it,
Nor can it be valued in pure gold.
[SUP]20 [/SUP]“Where then does wisdom come from?
And where is the place of understanding?
[SUP]21 [/SUP]“Thus it is hidden from the eyes of all living
And concealed from the birds of the sky.
[SUP]22 [/SUP]“Abaddon and Death say,
‘With our ears we have heard a report of it.’ [SUP]23 [/SUP]“God understands its way,
And He knows its place.
[SUP]24 [/SUP]“For He looks to the ends of the earth
And sees everything under the heavens.
[SUP]25 [/SUP]“When He imparted weight to the wind
And meted out the waters by measure,
[SUP]26 [/SUP]When He set a limit for the rain
And a course for the thunderbolt,
[SUP]27 [/SUP]Then He saw it and declared it;
He established it and also searched it out.
[SUP]28 [/SUP]“And to man He said, ‘Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom;
And to depart from evil is understanding.

Dec 12, 2013
Adam was formed fully grown, complete and probably used his whole brain which was lost when he fell probably....even the men we consider to be geniuses only use like what 12 to 16,18 percent of their cognative power.....imagine 100%.............

Nov 6, 2017
The Sumerians, Babylonians and Assyrians all claimed that spirit beings from
the heavens gave to them knowledge of mathematics, irrigation, architecture
and so on.

There are many mysteries in archeology concerning megalithic and very ancient sites
that are out of synch with atheistic evolutionary theories of human development.
The ancients had knowledge and skills which we cannot fathom.
And still today we cannot build the great pyramid of Cheops [claimed by the Egyptians
to have been supervised by Enoch himself].
The mathematics and engineering are truly God inspired.
With apologies to all you believers in little green men, but God did it.
The directions and instructions on how to build the Wilderness Tabernacle prove this out end in spades.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
I think he was a genius in all fields with a IQ that would surpass any man today.
Adam was created just "a little lower than the angels" so in modern parlance, Adam would have been a *superman*. And God would have already placed within his mind the Hebrew language as well as the ability to correctly name every creature.
I would think much was lost when God corrupted this creation .
That needs to be worded properly. It is not God who *corrupted* creation, but God placed a CURSE on creation because Adam brought this curse upon himself, Eve, and all creation -- cursed is the ground for thy sake.

Nov 6, 2017
Adam was formed fully grown, complete and probably used his whole brain which was lost when he fell probably....even the men we consider to be geniuses only use like what 12 to 16,18 percent of their cognative power.....imagine 100%.............
I think his mind slowly decreased cognitive power like his body slowly died. He was 930 when he died.

Lets also not forget something some may miss or not really understand see bold below:

[SUP]22 [/SUP]Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”

I think there is more to that than most give thought.

Jun 1, 2016

"What I mean is, God had to have created Adam fully developed, not only in stature, but mentally as well. He, God, also had to give Adam an informational download, in some respect, of a fluent language and a knowledge base. "

God is spirit, He breathed His Life into us made us " in his image and in His likeness" our bodies made of the earth, of matter, and our Life, our knowledge and understanding...... of the spirit of God by His Word.

"the informational download "

Genesis 1 "
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominionover the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

28And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. 29And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat...v31 "
And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.

Genesis 2 : And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

8And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed. 9And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil."

And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.16And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat: 17But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."

Gods spirit gave Him Life and Gods word was His Knowledge man was very good...

"the planting or a trojan horse virus "

genesis 3 "
And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: 5For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. 6And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat."

they have now done what Gods informational download has informed them will cause thier death.

And they heard the voice of the LORD God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the LORD God amongst the trees of the garden. 9And the LORD God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou? 10And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself."

adam and eve were naked before they ate the fruit, and shame or fear of Gods presence werent part of the equation. as soon as they eat the fruit " there eyes are opened and they realize they are naked"

what changed? that naked becomes a shame, and Gods voice becomes a fear that drives man from His Loving Creator? Mans perception of things changed, His knowlege now includes evil, the trojan virus has corrupted mans perception, naked is now potentially sinful, a temptation because mans knowledge is now corrupt with the Knowledge of evil. naked now becomes tempting to the evil in us.......and we are all children of the first sinners with the Knowledge of good and evil, existing in them.....

BenFTW

Oct 7, 2012
That seems to be an unfounded assumption, since we simply do not know :)
Its speculative, sure, but given the context and what timing we can gather (such that creation was done in days), that only leaves a short amount of time to have a large enough vocabulary, and even ability, to come up with names for animals and Eve, as "woman."

Consider even this, how did Adam even understand God's commandments to him or comprehend anything the Lord spoke to him? God put Adam in the Garden of Eden to work and take care of it (another thing he was either taught or was given know how of), and instantly tells him, Adam, what he can eat and not eat. Without a vocabulary and understanding to boot, such commands would fly right over his head (and he was just recently created).

Its funny because in Genesis 2:19, God brings wild animals and birds to Adam to "see what he would name them." So not only is Adam able to speak, and comprehend what is spoken, he is now even being creative (by coming up with names).

We aren't exactly given a time frame, but there are a lot of "now this happened" which kind of speaks to immediate occurrences.

Last edited:

breno785au

Jul 23, 2013
Australia
I can't imagine God making a dumb human, or anything dumb for that matter. As we research insects and animals we find they are exceedingly intelligent in their own manner.

My personal belief is that God made man fully complete, language and knowledge.

Dec 12, 2013
I think his mind slowly decreased cognitive power like his body slowly died. He was 930 when he died.

Lets also not forget something some may miss or not really understand see bold below:

[SUP]22 [/SUP]Then the Lord God said, “Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever”

I think there is more to that than most give thought.
Sure......I have always pointed out that most miss or sweep under the table that the tree also contained the knowledge of good as well as evil....and even compared it to a dog which knows neither naturally....very deep thought for sure......