Sometimes, there are just too much distractions.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Skydoogie

I just feel that we as teens (actually, people of all ages) are bombarded with subliminal messages, advertising, social networks, et cetera. I feel that I moved away from God during these past few months. I don't know what to do. I seriously want to pray to God. To communicate with Him. But yet I don't do it and then I do something else, like waste my time. Even now, I'm just so mad at myself, and ashamed of myself. I keep worrying about the small splinter in the other person's eye while the huge log in my eye is causing major blood loss, metaphorically speaking.

I'm just confused. Really confused.

J

JJAC

I know how you feel
(I had ADD)
well find a quiet place with as little distraction as possible and try praying
He always hears our prays ;)

Z

Zork

Hey Skydoggie

I used to play video games a lot more then I do now and that reaaaaallly distracted me.

First of all, your relationship with God is complete in Christ... remember that you don't do the work, the will of God to be saved... after you accepted Christ... after becoming a Christian... we obey God because we love God.

And your sins are covered by Jesus Christ so you don't have to beat yourself up anymore... there is no more condemnation for the Christian. Just stand and look to God's way, I know that shame you feel, I was very distracted in my teen years with video games... getting bad grades in school and not caring so much about my spiritual life... but after Christ we don't have condemnation on us anymore, just keep moving forward and obey God's word.

Lucy68

Jan 21, 2011
I just feel that we as teens (actually, people of all ages) are bombarded with subliminal messages, advertising, social networks, et cetera. I feel that I moved away from God during these past few months. I don't know what to do. I seriously want to pray to God. To communicate with Him. But yet I don't do it and then I do something else, like waste my time. Even now, I'm just so mad at myself, and ashamed of myself. I keep worrying about the small splinter in the other person's eye while the huge log in my eye is causing major blood loss, metaphorically speaking.

You're very wise to see this...that there are lots of distractions in the world!

I try to avoid too much technology...esp. TV which has some of the WORST messages out there. The internet has some awful stuff too (but some good things to ...like CC :) ). Just having quiet time is immensely beneficial.

It's such a good thing that you're realizing at a young age how precious 'time' really is. What we do with our time is very important. Using it to expand our knowledge of God and learn new things will makes us feel very good; and avoiding things that harm us keeps us free from having to do damage-control. Learning this self-control is a very important step into maturity.

Good for you in taking that step!

A

AnotherJesusPerson

Force yourself to sit down, pray, and read the bible for awhile each day.... And don't just read it... make sure to obey it... working on that everyday should help you out quite a bit. just saying.lol :)