Soul and Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
M

MaggieMye

Maggie
I've read the bible, that would have more proof Jesus is not deity than any other book ever. And its god inspired. I couldn't possibly get more proof from a man made book. its all clear enough..its not a doctrine I need more proof on. Its fairly basic stuff.
You may have read the Bible with your natural eyes, but you have yet to read it with spiritual eyes.

Eph 1:18I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, in Jesus name, Amen.

Maggie

Apr 30, 2010
Uh, wait, I thought you said he was a typical Baptist minister?
Same destination, all those against the word of god have the same destination, be it baptists or pentecostals (even though both very opposite in their own beliefs) go to sheoll forever.

Apr 30, 2010
You may have read the Bible with your natural eyes, but you have yet to read it with spiritual eyes.

Eph 1:18I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened, so that you will know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, in Jesus name, Amen.

Maggie
Iv'e posted verse after verse showing what the inheritances of the saints are and how to obtain it and what to believe to obtain it. I am totally enlightened to the gospel unto salvatoin and all required for it.

God reveals to the faithful, not ones reading ability. God has revealed to me..yet others hasn't If you cannot see it.. there is reason for that. Best study to find it before the theif in the night returns.

M

MaggieMye

I am totally enlightened to the gospel unto salvatoin and all required for it.
NO, you're not. That you could even say such a thing shows that you have much pride and THAT can blind you to true spirituality.
Maggie

Apr 30, 2010
I am totally enlightened to the gospel unto salvatoin and all required for it.
NO, you're not. That you could even say such a thing shows that you have much pride and THAT can blind you to true spirituality.
Maggie
the old 'spiritually' card.. Never did have much credence within the true christian circles.. more a cop out saying said with no meaning.

If you wish to call knowledge and faith ''pride''.. then that is unfortunate for you.. I can't make people who dont want to see truth, see it.

Thats why I love free will so much.. I don't have to be a puppet of the stubborn.no matter how much they would love me to be.

C

Consumed

Php 2:1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
Php 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Php 2:3Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than themselves.
Php 2:4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
Php 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

C

charisenexcelcis

Same destination, all those against the word of god have the same destination, be it baptists or pentecostals (even though both very opposite in their own beliefs) go to sheoll forever.
Are you a bigot if you hate everyone equally?

Apr 30, 2010
Php 2:1 If there be therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
Php 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
Php 2:3Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem others better than themselves.
Php 2:4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
Php 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
Php 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
Php 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
Php 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
Php 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
Php 2:11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.
great verses.. Agree totally..

Shame most people don't go by them

Apr 30, 2010
only as good if we personally apply them to ourselves
pity many don't

I would say those who don't apply it show their colous in many ways..and one of those ways is to try and make out that knowledge of the gospel is something to be ashamed of and that having knowledge of scripture is puffing oneself up if that person with knowledge shares it like they should.

when these same people reject someone giving that knowledge, they then attack them by putting verses trying to suggest that it is boasting or vainglory to actually know truth. And therefore in embarrassment of their own lack of knowledge on important salvational matters try and make out that people who do know truth are being vain. Very shallow and sad to think people who cannot see truth have to resort to trying to make those who do feel wrong in knowing truth.

The more I see people professing to be christian the more I see their lack of christian attitude. amazing. yet it also goes with scripture that in the last days many claiming to be christian will not have the answers and resort to reverse tactics to try and destroy the real teachers from willing people hearing the truth.

But with god.. no matter what.. the real truth will get out..and is.
Many come to those preaching truth..as I have experienced even in cases like this forum, where there are many angered people who claim christianity, Because even here there are many asking for the truth and If people ask i will give,, be it here or by email.the sad thing I find about the way people try to scare teachers off, is the fact that those privately asking, fear persecution also of the same people who try to persecute myself and a few others here.
Its no wonder they ask not to be named as one corresponding for fear of this persecution. I respect their privacy too but say it is sad they should feel this way because of some that feel the need to bring people down for quoting scriptures in truth.

I am glad god gave me the persistance to carry on regardless..no matter where.and just like the pharisees and saducees didn't stop Jesus, the same won't stop any true teacher, no matter how much they try.
it gives me strength when i read verses talking about the pharisees etc ganging up on jesus, knowing exactly what it was like..and not fearing that is a blessing, and priviledge i enjoy.

C

charisenexcelcis

There is nothing more convicting than this: that the Almighty God was the most humble man.

C

Consumed

pity many don't

I would say those who don't apply it show their colous in many ways..and one of those ways is to try and make out that knowledge of the gospel is something to be ashamed of and that having knowledge of scripture is puffing oneself up if that person with knowledge shares it like they should.

when these same people reject someone giving that knowledge, they then attack them by putting verses trying to suggest that it is boasting or vainglory to actually know truth. And therefore in embarrassment of their own lack of knowledge on important salvational matters try and make out that people who do know truth are being vain. Very shallow and sad to think people who cannot see truth have to resort to trying to make those who do feel wrong in knowing truth.

The more I see people professing to be christian the more I see their lack of christian attitude. amazing. yet it also goes with scripture that in the last days many claiming to be christian will not have the answers and resort to reverse tactics to try and destroy the real teachers from willing people hearing the truth.

But with god.. no matter what.. the real truth will get out..and is.
Many come to those preaching truth..as I have experienced even in cases like this forum, where there are many angered people who claim christianity, Because even here there are many asking for the truth and If people ask i will give,, be it here or by email.the sad thing I find about the way people try to scare teachers off, is the fact that those privately asking, fear persecution also of the same people who try to persecute myself and a few others here.
Its no wonder they ask not to be named as one corresponding for fear of this persecution. I respect their privacy too but say it is sad they should feel this way because of some that feel the need to bring people down for quoting scriptures in truth.

I am glad god gave me the persistance to carry on regardless..no matter where.and just like the pharisees and saducees didn't stop Jesus, the same won't stop any true teacher, no matter how much they try.
it gives me strength when i read verses talking about the pharisees etc ganging up on jesus, knowing exactly what it was like..and not fearing that is a blessing, and priviledge i enjoy.

the point id like to make with all due respect is that knowledge is just that, knowledge, the knowledge of Jesus Christ is all about love and to love each other, whether one believes in the trinity or not doesnt impair their relationship with Jesus, Pharasies claimed to have the knowledge of the scriptures too, but did they, i think not for even they missed the whole central theme of forgiveness, mercy and justice.

Each scripture is a personal message given by God to speak to our hearts, to lead us into the truth that God is love, merciful and kind and demonstrated that thru Jesus Christ. To suggest that what one percieves the scripture to truely mean is missing the whole point of having knowledge of Jesus Christ as Paul and Peter prayed for the brethren to have, that thru Him all life is found. If someone denies Christ,fair enough, then we can claim otherwise about what the scripture does say about that as true fact yet even so they are still a creation of God and we have the same expectation from God for us to love them. Remember, Jesus come against only the Pharasies harshly for claiming they and they alone know God and what the scriptures mean, hence the veil was torn that God would lead us into the truth of the scriptures that God is love, demonstrated to us thru Jesus.. im not one for theological disputes, it is written we should not let it become a dispute, yet over such matters i withdraw and just tend to focus people on the love of Christ for us,nothing more nothing less. We are to do everyhting with love being the foundation we build on, not tear down for a soft word has more impact than a harsh one. That in it self is the war between soul and spirit, for the Holy Spirit is a gentleman, even while convicting us and correcting us, the Holy Spirit does not get harsh with His Words when doing so. There is one accuser who does the opposite, let us not follow his example of condemnation as our model of christian living, just leaves a trail of destruction

May 14, 2010
A soul is something under your foot or shoe and a spirit is something you drink.

you obviously did not understand the irony of shakespeare..with a response such as the above.

spirits can be drank..but they exist mostly in the" spiritual realm"..

and as far as souls..if you choose to walk on them.

.I will pray for yours...