Soul and Spirit

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Apr 30, 2010
Well, I will not ignore your heresy. Answer me this, what is your true church. For you it can't be the Catholics, the Anglicans, the Presbyterians, the Methodists, the Baptists, the Orthodox, the Christian church (denomination), the Seventh-day Adventist, the Church of God, the Church of Christ, the Pentecostals, the Brethren, the Church of the Nazarene, the Eastern Catholics, the Evangelicals, the Lutherans, the Mennonites or the Reformed. All of these by your definition, as well as the vast majority of indenpendent churches, fall into your definition of sects. You must be very lonely, a body of one. The more I think of it the sadder it seems.
Again you show your non christian attitude and bitterness.

I do not believe as you do..and you are extremely angry at that fact.. and like most pentecostal believers not only does the heresy in their teachings show and the need to feel above god himself.. but the arrogance and rudeness they are never shy on. NO wonder people turn away from these false belif systems by the thousands.
Church of chrsit and AOG are absolutely nothing to do with christianity..they are what JOHH calls antichrist spirit..and I Will AGREE with him on that matter.. no doubting it.
I never give my opinon unless as also i have claimed ( i notify before hand that it is my opinion)..

As for your question of my 'church'.. if you read everything I say, as you claim.then you would have read the answer to that 2 times by now. Do your own homework..dont keep asking me things I've answered and you are too lazy to read yourself.

you are a fine example of why people stay away from the AOG and breakoff groups.

As you wont do as requested about 5 times now and ignore me if you don't like what I have to say, then you can talk to the hand.. Christ walked away from those who clearly had evil intent and no desire to see the truth.. so i will follow christs example and let you have a whinge to yourself or whoever else you can muster to join your wayward posse. So sad.. why do you call yourself christian when all you do is hunt down people to attack..then cry like a stuck pig if they give it back as good as they get.

get over yourself you are a disgrace to anything related to chrsitianity..and i wipe my hands of you.. now you can go off and try and get any other sheep who will follow your unchristianly ways..
I have tried to deal with you with tact and without anything but biblical feedback..that clearly doesnt work so from now you can play your little games with whoever else without any christian morals wants to join you.

you call yourself a leader of your cult? good grief..

thanks be to the true god I am not mixed in with that group or any relatives or friends.

Apr 30, 2010
church of self righteousness??? fruit of the tree of knowledge, puffs up so much it blinds when eaten in extreme copious amounts
well you certainly show your colours too now.. peer pressure in australia is far worse than i imagined..
I'm gathering your not australian born though or are not of true australian heritage.by your comments..
Regardless
IF you also believe in laying of the hands and talking in tongues..

I have nothing to do with that heretical persuatoin either.. you must believe as your freind on that, or you wouldn't be both calling yourself christian.. (falsely i might add)

perhaps you might join him in a whinge about people who don't believe as you do.. while you cover up the fact you both don't believe the same things and make out there are more than one way of looking at beliefs in scritpure..which you obvously both do..or otherwise you would be like all christans 'believing EVERY DOCTRINE the same..

all my fellow Christians do not differ on one thing in the bible. i find it strange how so manyyy different so called relgions band together depending on who they are debating..then next minute they are fighting those same ones, on a different belief

chrsitians ALL believe the same thing..on EVERYTHING. on gospel..not one for the AOG, one for the Baptist.. one for the Methodist etc etc.. and that is on EVERY little issue in teh bible..not just the ones you call 'major' issues.

if you agree with the other person. you must also be AOG as he said that is christianity. if your not..why have a different name to differentiate from those AOG?

C

charisenexcelcis

Again you show your non christian attitude and bitterness.

I do not believe as you do..and you are extremely angry at that fact.. and like most pentecostal believers not only does the heresy in their teachings show and the need to feel above god himself.. but the arrogance and rudeness they are never shy on. NO wonder people turn away from these false belif systems by the thousands.
Church of chrsit and AOG are absolutely nothing to do with christianity..they are what JOHH calls antichrist spirit..and I Will AGREE with him on that matter.. no doubting it.
I never give my opinon unless as also i have claimed ( i notify before hand that it is my opinion)..

As for your question of my 'church'.. if you read everything I say, as you claim.then you would have read the answer to that 2 times by now. Do your own homework..dont keep asking me things I've answered and you are too lazy to read yourself.

you are a fine example of why people stay away from the AOG and breakoff groups.

As you wont do as requested about 5 times now and ignore me if you don't like what I have to say, then you can talk to the hand.. Christ walked away from those who clearly had evil intent and no desire to see the truth.. so i will follow christs example and let you have a whinge to yourself or whoever else you can muster to join your wayward posse. So sad.. why do you call yourself christian when all you do is hunt down people to attack..then cry like a stuck pig if they give it back as good as they get.

get over yourself you are a disgrace to anything related to chrsitianity..and i wipe my hands of you.. now you can go off and try and get any other sheep who will follow your unchristianly ways..
I have tried to deal with you with tact and without anything but biblical feedback..that clearly doesnt work so from now you can play your little games with whoever else without any christian morals wants to join you.

you call yourself a leader of your cult? good grief..

thanks be to the true god I am not mixed in with that group or any relatives or friends.
Your words need no addition.

Jan 8, 2009
GospelOnly, in post #22 there's an inaccuracy in this statement:

Mat.10:28 ".fear him which is able to DESTROY BOTH SOUL AND BODY in hell " ( the grave).

The word for hell in that verse is not the grave (i.e. hades) it is gehenna.

God can only destroy the soul in gehenna, not in the grave. That verse Mat 20:28 implies that humans cannot kill the soul , and that the soul does not die at death. Only when it is cast into gehenna by God can it be destroyed. This verse you quoted proves the immortal soul theory (well it's immortal until cast into gehenna) as Jesus is saying to his disciples not to worry, even if someone kills them (through persecution) they will not kill their soul, only their body. Their soul is assured to continue on and be given a new body in the resurrection.

Last edited:
B

Broern

The spirit and the soul of man are two different life given by God. The Bible sometimes interchange the used of word spirit and soul because of the limitation of man in translating what God said to them at that time.

The Bible teach the whole man is spirit, soul, and body. Man's body was made from dust of the earth and when a man dies this body return to dust of earth. Man's body is not the "flesh" mentioned in the Bible compared to the literal flesh. The Biblical "flesh" is in the soul of man.

In Genesis1, God formed man from the dust of the ground. God breathe the "breath of life" in the nostril of man and became a living being. the "breath of life" is the spirit and the soul imparted by God to man. Both spirit and soul of man are spiritual being.

The spirit of man was imparted to man for the sole purpose as residence of the Holy Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit resides in the spirit of Adam and Eve before the fall, hence they enjoy the prosperity and wisdom of God. The Holy Spirit left Adam and Eve when they sinned against God, therefore they saw their nakedness in their body as well as in their spirit. Their spirits remains but actually dead or useless.

Today, when man accepted Jesus Christ in their life, the Holy Spirit resides permanently in their spirit and will stay throughout their life on this earth. The Bible use the term "sealed by the Spirit of God." Jesus said He will not leave us or forsake us because he is within the spirit of man as with the Holy Spirit. When a man dies, the book of Eclesiastes said, "the spirit will return to God" as with the Holy Spirit.This also explain the "once save always save" doctrine.

The soul of man is the "real" man. The physical flesh is just a sort of dress of the soul to serve as physical instrument of contact on this world. The flesh is useless without the instruction of the soul. The soul have two (2) system. Most psychologist findings are the 1) Conscious mind, and 2) Subconscious mind. The conscious mind have the intellect, emotion, and will. The intellect and the will are the called "flesh" in the Bible.

The subconscious mind have the "spiritual heart," the what I call "system program" with special connection to the brain and automatically run all the system in the body of man. God really created man wonderfully and fearfully. The subconscious mind also contain the lifetime spiritual "video recording" system that records everything about the man from conception to death. This is the one to be played by God when judgment time comes. This is the 90% unused part of the mind according to psychologist. The Bible "Faith" is also developed here in subconscious mind.

I hope this will help somebody, and has shared this revelation for the glory and honor of our God and Savior Jesus Christ!

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I found this while reading the Ot. Now this refurs to ghost, but if one reads 1 samual 28;8 through19, it refurs to the preternatural being rising from the earth. Samual is conjueredup so Saul can speak to him. Samuel is upset for being disturbed.
So is this spirit or soul of Samual that speaks to Saul ?

God bless, pickles

Apr 30, 2010
Mahogany snail

Mat.10:28 ".fear him which is able to DESTROY BOTH SOUL AND BODY in hell " ( the grave).

The word for hell in that verse is not the grave (i.e. hades) it is gehenna.

God can only destroy the soul in gehenna, not in the grave. That verse Mat 20:28 implies that humans cannot kill the soul , and that the soul does not die at death. Only when it is cast into gehenna by God can it be destroyed. This verse you quoted proves the immortal soul theory (well it's immortal until cast into gehenna) as Jesus is saying to his disciples not to worry, even if someone kills them (through persecution) they will not kill their soul, only their body. Their soul is assured to continue on and be given a new body in the resurrection.

Hi snail,
I think we are agreeing really
I should have stuck discussing it with yourself as you can actually use scripture in your debate other than opinioins continually.
The soul the way i see it is both body and the memory banks (if you like), like a computer..all our lifes history, feelings,everything.. our hard drive.. to use a computer analogy.. our soul is the ‘case’ and the hardrive/memory. If that works????

When we die our ‘case’ dies and rots, and the other part of the soul..the hd/memory goes to god, (in the same way the spirit/breath of life) goes back to god at our death.
So in effect the soul body dies and rots.. and the soul memory doesn’t die (yet) but there is the thing.. the FACT that it CAN die. Totally makes it not immortal.. (an Immortal thing cannot die at any time ever)
Basicall the soul (case and memory) is ours on earth to do as we wish with it. When we die, our ‘case’ part goes back to the earth where it came from, and the memory part goes to god, (in storage), for when we are judged in Christs judgement.
When that happens.. god gives us a new case and puts the hd/memory back in, If we are not judged worthy then that ‘case’ dies again (2nd death) and along with it the hd/memory, So the memory of them is forgotten
Ecc 9:5For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Then is the complete SOUL perished eternally.(and not just the case)-- (which means it was never immortal)
Again , i think the hardest thing for many to grasp is ‘immortal and mortal’ and exactly what they require and mean. There is no inbetween.. if something CANNOT DIE it simply CANNOT DIE.. no matter what.. or otherwise the word is useless and doesn’t mean what it claims.
So if a soul eventually dies. It was never immortal. It was just moved to a different place until its total destruction forever. So it isn’t immortal.

Even you yourself elude to this ........
“””This verse you quoted proves the immortal soul theory (well it's immortal until cast into gehenna) “””

Immortal until?????
See my point.. there can not be an ‘immortal until’.. immortal is immortal,
And you correctly point out the word Gehenna, which as you probably know was a place outside of Jerusalem they burnt bodies and rubbish day and night( which is the symbolistic word for ‘final death’ or ‘final anhilation’}
Which is symbolic for what most call ‘hellfire’ or the ‘fierypit’.. bible uses gehena to show that this place talked about in the verses where gehena is the word for hell, and not hades.. is not a physical place of burning and punishment at death.. but a symbolic meaning of finality in death.) fire represented that all throughout bible as such.
Hence why its called Gehenna ( an actual place on earth at that time)

I think we agree do we not????

Last edited:
C

Consumed

The word for hell in that verse is not the grave (i.e. hades) it is Gehenna.

God can only destroy the soul in Gehenna, not in the grave. That verse Mat 20:28 implies that humans cannot kill the soul , and that the soul does not die at death. Only when it is cast into Gehenna by God can it be destroyed. This verse you quoted proves the immortal soul theory (well it's immortal until cast into Gehenna) as Jesus is saying to his disciples not to worry, even if someone kills them (through persecution) they will not kill their soul, only their body. Their soul is assured to continue on and be given a new body in the resurrection.

good point you raise there bro, yet the destroying part is for all eternity, separated from God with no recourse after judgement. Jesus did say that the flame is not quenched and the worm does not die when one is in Hell and that Lazarus the rich pleaded for his thirst to be quenched to no avail, judgement had been set, eternally i would think, Satan is cast in Hell for all eternity with his apostate angels and those people who had chosen the wages of sin and rejected God, death, death of being in communion with God.

Jan 8, 2009
Yes GospelOnly I would agree with that. Immortality is probably the wrong word to use.

Apr 30, 2010
good point you raise there bro, yet the destroying part is for all eternity, separated from God with no recourse after judgement. Jesus did say that the flame is not quenched and the worm does not die when one is in Hell and that Lazarus the rich pleaded for his thirst to be quenched to no avail, judgement had been set, eternally i would think, Satan is cast in Hell for all eternity with his apostate angels and those people who had chosen the wages of sin and rejected God, death, death of being in communion with God.
Is this from Jason and the Argonauts.

Sounds like a lot of Greek Mythology to me.. I thought we were discussing bible

C

Consumed

alexander the great said " i dont fear a lamb leading an army of lions i fear a lion leading an army of lambs into battle"

C

Consumed

Jer 32:27 Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

M

MaggieMye

GospelOnly How about reading "The Case for Christ" by Lee Srobel. He started doing research to disprove the deity of Christ.

You might enjoy it.

Maggie

Apr 30, 2010
GospelOnly How about reading "The Case for Christ" by Lee Srobel. He started doing research to disprove the deity of Christ.

You might enjoy it.

Maggie
Maggie
I've read the bible, that would have more proof Jesus is not deity than any other book ever. And its god inspired. I couldn't possibly get more proof from a man made book. its all clear enough..its not a doctrine I need more proof on. Its fairly basic stuff.

C

charisenexcelcis

good point you raise there bro, yet the destroying part is for all eternity, separated from God with no recourse after judgement.
Jesus did say that the flame is not quenched and the worm does not die when one is in Hell (Mark 9:48)
and that in the story of Lazarus the rich pleaded for his thirst to be quenched to no avail (Luke 16:19-31)
, judgement had been set, eternally i would think,
Satan is cast in Hell for all eternity with his apostate angels (Revelation 20:7-10
and those people who had chosen the wages of sin and rejected God (Rev. 20:11-15)
, death, death of being in communion with God.
Our resident Bible "scholar" did not recognize that you were referring to scripture, so I added the reference for his benefit.

L

Lauren

Truly pentecostal church tactics.
You are certainly showing the cult you are in is against the true church.
Uh, wait, I thought you said he was a typical Baptist minister?

C

charisenexcelcis

Uh, wait, I thought you said he was a typical Baptist minister?
Apparently the spirit of revelation was not upon him.