Spirtual Gifts, Guidance, Healing

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
F

full-on4christ

I have almost been single for a year, and I can still not move on. This I feel is due to the fact that before my relationship with this girl started I have been single and been praying for my wife for and for God to keep her safe until the time is right and we meet. Well He did and I got his gril and things we were together for 3.5 years, but always had problems with her allowing other people in and then they came between us. And after I had given up trying to get her to see my point we broke up. I had felt I had to let her find things out for herself. Well to cut things short, the same evening we broke up a guy was allready starting things, and not very long after they were together. I had prayed for God to release my feelings for her but nothing happened for weeks. I had then asked Him what He wanted to show me. He said that often we ask but He cannot answer, as we don't give Him the option, we have preset ideas, A or be, but Gods answer is C, thus we don't find answers till we open our thoughts and hearts for Him. Well I believed for months that things ill change, she will comeback. I still haven't been with another girl although oppertunities have come, because I felt that God had told me that this was my wife, and although we weren't married I had been told by God we are thus by just looking at other girl I woould be cheating on my "wife". God had also told me that as I knew she was my wife I was going through the same emotions and effects as someone going through divorce and that what was coming was to see my wife marry someone else.

I tried speaking to her but she is unapproachable. She has also taken away all my friends, and oppertunities to do ministry in church. She told everyone she cares and I was the problem. I haven't contacted her in 4 months, nothing has changed. She still goes by living without conseqeunce. Taking away the most important thing in my life, God and serving Him.

I cannot see anyway of her not knowing this, as she was the only one that I have ever opened my complete heart to, she knows my dreams of worshipping God with music an ministry. Yet I am imprisoned by her doing.

I have no motivations left, my dreams are of serving God, and the only reason I am studying was because He told me that I am going to need it to do my work for Him. Yet I receive no motivation.

My heart still gets broken everytime I hear about her and her new working, 7 years senior BF, and get told that I am wrong thats why she can do what she wants in church, this is what my parents say when I get so angry when my mom comes back from hers after a visits and tells me how great she is, happy etc.

God had given me lots of dreams of ministries, what a great testiomny its going to be when He brings her back to me, and also gave me a date. That is sson to pass.

Am I just making up this voice in my head. He has given me many scriptures when this strated and He told me wat was going to happen it was romans 4:13 onwards. Then last week Heb 11.

Am I never going to be working for God. Was this whole thing with my ex me, the voices etc. Please help, guidance, prayers. I don't want to be rich I just want to live for God, with His people, thats my dreams and ambitions. I feel lost help!!

L

LynnJ

Hello full-on4Christ,

I am sorry you are so full of pain, but it is good that you are going to God with your questions. I will pray that God brings you clarity regarding this relationship and regarding your relationship with God himself. I am troubled that you feel this girl has taken away your relationship with God, your ministry, and that you are imprisoned by her doing. It seems as if you are giving this girl too much power over you. If you are truly called by God into ministry, her seeking a relationship with someone else should not keep you from ministry. God called you, not this girl, and the great testimony will be that you bring honor to God in whatever way He chooses for you, whether or not she is by your side. If your dreams of serving God are gone because your girlfriend is gone, perhaps you may need to reevaluate your calling. I am trying to say this with love for you, my brother, but your feelings for this girl seem to outweigh your feelings for anything and anyone else....and possibly God? Seek His will for your life, serve Him with all of your heart, and He will show you what is best. I will be praying for you, as Paul did for the Colossians . . . "that you may stand firm in all the will of God, mature and fully assured." (Col. 4:12) I will also pray for God's peace and wisdom to rule in your life: "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him."