Standing at the grand canyon and glorying at yourself..modern praise music

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
T

thimsrebma

I think first off you should know the story behind the song...

YouTube - John Mark McMillan | How He Loves: A Story

....maybe it was never meant to be a worship song in the first place... but just something that God used to help him heal..
I totally agree. This is an uplifting song, to remind us of who He is. If a church decides to use it as a worship song then thats their business. Whats wrong with singing a song about how God loves you anyway?

Jan 15, 2011
I think first off you should know the story behind the song...

YouTube - John Mark McMillan | How He Loves: A Story

....maybe it was never meant to be a worship song in the first place... but just something that God used to help him heal..
i mentioned this in a backup room the other day. The original version of this song is amazing and gorgeous and heartfelt. It also isn't some cheap P&W copy like the on that got posted. I don't know if the original author ever intended the song to be viewed as praise and worship, but clearly the people that borrowed it from him did.

It's also not a bad praise and worship song i dont think. It reminds people of God's love. thats not bad. Its just a terrible version, which we should be angrier about than anything else.

E

ed

hey Gals and Guys,
Do you like that worship song "Have I told you Lately That I Love You." Written by Van Morrison and probably made popular by Rod Stewart.

love
edwin

Jan 15, 2011
hey Gals and Guys,
Do you like that worship song "Have I told you Lately That I Love You." Written by Van Morrison and probably made popular by Rod Stewart.

love
edwin
I dont see how an old love songs really has anything to do with this conversation...sure the lyrics can be taken to be telling god you love him but i have never heard that as the intent of the song.

May 21, 2009
The world is in a total mess because there are so many people who don't know that God loves them. God instructs his people keep telling the people how much he loves them. Anyone who would have a problem with this has something wrong going on.

May 21, 2009
It just seems like Kim walkers is glad that God is jealous for us and has great affections for us. You could easily reverse it and say "God is a jealous God" or "God is love and is great for it" Just because it has a direct thing towards "me" does not make it self absorbed .

God is jealous for me, and I'm glad that he loves us enough to want us! This just seems nit picky to me. but I'm biased, i love this song haha.

i think the Pslams do relate to this. david does focus alot on his situations and How God relates to Him. i believe we're in a relationship with God, yea?
I love it too. I thank God for songs that tell us that God loves us. Isn't there a whole book like that?????????

J

jimmydiggs

The world is in a total mess because there are so many people who don't know that God loves them. God instructs his people keep telling the people how much he loves them. Anyone who would have a problem with this has something wrong going on.
I think the reason for the mess of this world, is because enough people don't whole-heartedly love God.

T

thimsrebma

I think the reason for the mess of this world, is because enough people don't whole-heartedly love God.
That nay be true but you have to understand God's love for you before you will love him.

F

FireOnTheAltar

Worship is a very personal thing. I think everyone will agree that it's very rare to find two people on the same level of spiritual maturity so it's a given that you are going to encounter different levels of worship. If truly written from the heart, it's a pretty safe assumption that a worship song written by a somewhat new believer is going to sound completely different from someone who has been saved ten years or so. With that said, a worship song written by someone 10 years into their salvation is going to sound a lot different from someone who's been saved 50 years. I guess that's why I would prefer not to say anything and allow Jesus to be the judge.

Personally my preference has changed quite a bit over the last couple of years. A couple of years ago I would have preferred your basic modern christian contemporary music. A year or so ago my preference began to shift toward instrumental music without words. Now I rarely listen to music at all during my moments of personal worship seeing words can't even begin to describe my affections for my Saviour. He's brought me through a lot during the last couple of years and my faith has grown by leaps and bounds. Words can't begin to describe....

May 21, 2009
Your very right diggs. But the problem is that lots of people are broken down to to the point they have no hope in anything. Some have had lots of bad things happen to them in their lives and they need mending. Some have been told they are no good. They are worthless. Your good for nothing. There's lots and lots of people who plain need to be hugged, they need to be loved. Sadly lots don't have this. God loves us and he wants us to know this so we can go love others. Ones who hurt others are the ones who are broken they were hurt and their going on to hurt others. They don't feel love and they don't know how to give love. The study of how God loves us is so important.