step mom

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
H

hurt79

I love my boyfriend and his child but today he said hurtful words to me. I can't have children and he knows that. But he brags bout how he can I can't. He says I don't know what I'm doing cause I don't have a child.

U

Ugly

Well, first, if you're dating, then you aren't a step mother. You're the woman their dad is dating. So there's a problem that's been overlooked right off the bat.
Second, it's hard to know if he's really bragging or if you are overly sensitive about the issue and interpret statements as bragging that are not intended as you took them. Care to provide some specific statements he made to help clarify?
There is some truth to his last statement. Most people without children, or without a LOT of experience with them, don't really know what they're doing. But then again most parents don't know either.
Now if he's saying this in a critical way then that's a problem. But again, it could be that you're hearing it in a way it's not intended so getting specifics will help determine if he's being a jerk or you're being overly sensitive.

H

hurt79

I know I ain't married ugly. But heres my deal with that I tried to get him to marry me but he won't. But I love his son. His only 16 months. I know a little bout children I baby sitted my niece's. It hurts when someone says hateful things like that to me.my boyfriend is hateful.

H

hurt79

And I ain't jealous I'm furious of the fact he keeps reminding me I can't have children. I been watching his child when he gets here.

U

Ugly

That didn't really show any examples. Just you restating the same thing. So there's no real advice to give you other than if you're unhappy then leave him. Any continuance of this relationship is just hurting you and no one else. And since his baby is so young then it's not really old enough to miss you leaving. And it's not worth staying in an unhappy relationship to stay with someone elses baby.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
Welcome to CC. This thread is just for introducing yourself. You will get more replies if you post this in the Family forum. :) Not very many people come into this forum here..

Dec 19, 2009
I love my boyfriend and his child but today he said hurtful words to me. I can't have children and he knows that. But he brags bout how he can I can't. He says I don't know what I'm doing cause I don't have a child.
I don't know why you'd want to have anything to do with a person like the one you described here.