Stephen Hawking Dead

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

becc

Mar 4, 2018
When i saw the title.. i was laughing cause i thought stephen died a long time ago and you're just realizing that..... now i think i should laugh at myself cause i just saw it on the news now that he's dead....

Well, you're right about the truth stuff... if only i could talk to him and ask how it looks.. hmmh..... any help?

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Just read through that other Thread, boy, wish I had thought of starting one on Stephen dying............. :)

K

kaylagrl

Just read through that other Thread, boy, wish I had thought of starting one on Stephen dying............. :)

Well you're just an elephant,you can't know everything! :p Seems its going to get hot and heavy in there.

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
The news of his death made me kinda sad. Not because he impacted my life and that Ill miss him or anything like that. I dont feel that his passing will have any affect on my life. I do feel sad that he died without coming to Christ, though.

I also feel for his family and loved ones, Im sure they are heart broken over their loss. I also hope that he didnt mislead them from what is true, and lead them to believe that having some understanding on how the universe works = God is a lie. We should pray for them, I think.

I wont be celebrating his life with the world, but I do feel sorry that his life ended this way.

C

claysmithr

He died an atheist. Which is very sad. Especially for having Christian wives.

He died in his sin of adultery, pride, and who knows what else.

It's also weird seeing the internet deny the Gospel so that they can pretend he is in heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
C

claysmithr

It's sad to say that his wish for annihilationism is the best he can hope for :(

A

Amazing-Grace

It is very sad that Stephen Hawking chose not to acknowledge The One who gave him his intelligence and allowed him to live such a long life in spite of his trials. Hawking was a clever but arrogant man but we must not assume that there was no death bed conversion and if he did indeed die an atheist, he certainly isn't one now.

AdolfHipster

Jan 15, 2018
Hawking actually led me stronger in my belief of God. Hawking knew a lot more about God's law than they are giving him credit for. Yes... physics, the science of matter and energy, is comprised of multiple physical laws, but more importantly, God wrote the code for it. Of course, Hawking didn't attribute the physical laws to God, but they are nevertheless God's physical laws that he arguably knew to a greater degree than else in the world. (We obviously have him beat on the spiritual laws though.)

Learning more about the physical laws reinforced my personal conviction in God. Many atheists want to pretend Christians can't be scientists or even scientific. I beg to differ... God is an amazing scientist! We can use science to reinforce our spiritual beliefs, but it can only go so far. We are limited in knowledge, both physical and spiritual. This is where faith is required. Sadly, learning so much of God's physical laws had the opposite effect on Hawking.

I won't be the one judging or casting Hawking to Heaven or Hell, but instead, state what I truly wish and hope for. I hope Hawking did accept Christ before his death. I hope that Hawking ISN'T doomed to hell, but instead roaming the universe he studied so much in his limited physical form. I hope Hawking's name becomes synonymous with "astrophysics" and that the world can truly appreciate his contributions in the field of science and to disabled people who might be in physical bondage but free in their mind! I know my hope won't change God's judgement on him, but I also know God will judge perfectly (regardless of where Hawking ends up).

Aug 2, 2009
I think it's ironic that his most famous quote was, "Where there is life, there is hope."

God gave him 76 years to see the light and he did not..

Now he has no life and no hope...

Last edited:

Yeraza_Bats

Dec 11, 2014
Hawking actually led me stronger in my belief of God. Hawking knew a lot more about God's law than they are giving him credit for. Yes... physics, the science of matter and energy, is comprised of multiple physical laws, but more importantly, God wrote the code for it. Of course, Hawking didn't attribute the physical laws to God, but they are nevertheless God's physical laws that he arguably knew to a greater degree than else in the world. (We obviously have him beat on the spiritual laws though.)

Learning more about the physical laws reinforced my personal conviction in God. Many atheists want to pretend Christians can't be scientists or even scientific. I beg to differ... God is an amazing scientist! We can use science to reinforce our spiritual beliefs, but it can only go so far. We are limited in knowledge, both physical and spiritual. This is where faith is required. Sadly, learning so much of God's physical laws had the opposite effect on Hawking.

I won't be the one judging or casting Hawking to Heaven or Hell, but instead, state what I truly wish and hope for. I hope Hawking did accept Christ before his death. I hope that Hawking ISN'T doomed to hell, but instead roaming the universe he studied so much in his limited physical form. I hope Hawking's name becomes synonymous with "astrophysics" and that the world can truly appreciate his contributions in the field of science and to disabled people who might be in physical bondage but free in their mind! I know my hope won't change God's judgement on him, but I also know God will judge perfectly (regardless of where Hawking ends up).
There are scientists who are Christian who talk about how studying such things increased their faith in God : p The whole scientific revolution or whatever its called waa done by Christians : p

And I dont think youre wrong btw, I also would rather see him saved than not. I dont know if he is, if whether or not he came to Christ before he could tell the world. I hope he did. I dont feel comfortable celebrating his life, though. His own opinions have swayed many people away from God, and that is awful.

I do not hate the man, I also hope that the unlikely happened. But I could not call him a hero, and I hope that people realize his views on God and the universe were misguided.

AdolfHipster

Jan 15, 2018
There are scientists who are Christian who talk about how studying such things increased their faith in God : p The whole scientific revolution or whatever its called waa done by Christians : p

And I dont think youre wrong btw, I also would rather see him saved than not. I dont know if he is, if whether or not he came to Christ before he could tell the world. I hope he did. I dont feel comfortable celebrating his life, though. His own opinions have swayed many people away from God, and that is awful.

I do not hate the man, I also hope that the unlikely happened. But I could not call him a hero, and I hope that people realize his views on God and the universe were misguided.
If people were lead away from God after hearing Hawking explain why he doesn't believe in a God, that is on them. At the very least, he explains why he rejected the notion of a supreme being. I don't think Hawking truly believed in God but was "angry with God for having ALS" and so he deceitfully used science as a means to lure people away from God. I think he genuinely believed what he said (even if he was wrong about God). He didn't piggybacking off someone else's testimony that God isn't real.

If I want to know about physical laws, he would be the first person on the planet I'd want to go to. If I want to know about spiritual laws, I'll go to the word of God. At the end of the day, it's my responsibility.

Last edited:

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Sad thing is, God gave him so very much and it ended up being wasted. Yeah, he overcame a lot physically, but still......

Mark 8:36 King James Version (KJV)

36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Sep 4, 2012
I think somebody else was speaking through Hawkins' voice synthesizer. What he said about Earth becoming as hot as Venus was so ridiculous no scientist that I'm aware of agrees with it.

HoneyDew

Apr 30, 2011
We don't know for certain thaat he is in hell. We don't what he confessed in the hours before he died.