stoping hunger

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
What charity do you think is best at feeding the the people who need it most

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
i think it is better to feed & otherwise help the people that we personally see in need than to donate money to some organization in the hopes that they will do charity in our stead.

you ever see a homeless person? do you drive past people who are desperately poor on your way to shop for groceries or go to work? do what you can for these people, before writing a check to an ad you see on TV. a neighbor nearby is better than a brother far away :)

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
Do not forsake your friend or a friend of your family,
and do not go to your relative's house when disaster strikes you --
better a neighbor nearby than a relative far away.

(Proverbs 27:10)

better too, for us to serve those in need right in front of our eyes before we try to take care of someone half a world away.
if we are able, we should try to do both - but i doubt any of us have to go far before we find someone we can do good for.

J

JesusIsAll

What charity do you think is best at feeding the the people who need it most
World Vision has been around quite awhile, a lot of each dollar actually reaching the field, is Christian and evangelistic, and, in addition to food, water and things like clothing or medical attention, the gospel is taught most places they are present. (Some places, like India, there would be violence if they openly taught the gospel, then no child desperately poor helped.) Even when you, for instance, sponsor a child, you're really sponsoring a presence in the community many benefit from, like providing clean water projects. But they've been reaching the most desperately poor, for years, in Christ.

Jun 4, 2014
You cannot fix any problem using the same methods that got you in that problem to begin with. In other words money can't solve it. It's the reason we have the poor in the first place.

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
I'm always listening for the Spirit to speak to me when I'm on the street with individuals. Develop that hearing ear. God will lead you.