Sweet bride my love!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Oct 5, 2009
Hi Saints
Please read this:
At last, my Lord I have heard Your voice
It is all I hear, Oh, my heart rejoice!
You bid me come, now I follow You,
It matters not where You may take me.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
At last, my Lord I have heard Your voice

Here a few reasons why we don't hear the voice of the Lord.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
This comes straight from Fenelon book "The Seeking Heart.
"If you give up all those things that provoke your curiosity and set your mind spinning, you will have more than enough time to spend with God and to attend to your business. Living your life prayerfully will make you clear-headed and calm no matter what happens. Your self-nature is overactive, impulsive and always striving for something just outside you reach."

---------------------------------------------------------
Did you relate to that little paragraph at all?
---------------------------------------------------------
Here is a little more from Fenelon: But God, working within your spirit, produces a calm and faithful heart that the world cannot touch. I really want you take an adequate amount of time to spend with God so that you might refresh your spirit. All your busyness surely drains you. (Fenelon gives this example) Jesus took His disciples aside to be alone, and interrupted their most urgent business. Sometimes He would even leave people who had come from afar to see Him in order to come to His Father. I suggest the same to you . It is not enough to give out--you must learn to receive from God, too.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Now, Fenelon is not talking about belly button inspecting, he talking about time alone with the Lord to be encouraged. Do we believe that we have to be constantly drawn to the Lord. Wooed by his love. Sometimes we can’t because we are too busy and self absorbed.
Please be persuaded by the Lord that he is your best friend. No friend of yours or mine, no matter how much you care about them and they care about you. They have not said to you let me come and live inside of you and live my life through you. No one said that you and I but the Lord. He as graciously come to live in us. Not for us to have more things in our lives, not for us to be pious and self righteous. But for us to live from his life knowing fully and convinced that he love us.
That he as the highest interest by coming to live in our life. To rob us of being self absorb so that we may be free. Free to soar with him.

Love in Him!

P

Psalm2713

yes I can relate to the paragraph.
My family is not really Christian and my mom was raised and grew up muslim. She met the Lord about six years ago and she had decided she to try to teach all her children about God. ... according to her I was the most hopeless seeming of all. I never seemed to get what she was saying and the truth is.. I just wasn't getting it

about a year later I was stuck in a classroom and I was supposed to choose to study or to read my school given Bible.. Because I had done 15 hours of school work already, I thought I would read the Bible. and as I was reading it, I started believing it. for the first time in my life I had actually believed in the word of God... I had began my intimate walk with the Lord... and for the next few days I wouldn't do my schoolwork but read the word.. I lost a couple of my friends because the first thing I wanted to tell them when I saw them , was that God is totally believable.. and that I thought it was the most beautiful thing ever...

A

AnandaHya

today I was thinking what are my real priorities in life? I was to die tomorrow what would I regret not having done more of? What is really important things, chores, work, knowledge, prestige, power, money? No none of that.

More important than anything is God and doing God's will. Showing His love to those around me. Spending time with the kids and sharing with them the knowledge of God's love through actions not just words, by giving the most precious thing we have to others: our time, attention and love, because Jesus said by our love for one another will the world know that we are His disciples.

Matthew 12:36-38 (New King James Version)

36 But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment. 37 For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.”

Oct 5, 2009
Sweet Bride My Love
Friday, 13 May, 2011 20:53

[email protected]

Hi Saints
Jesus, my fair Lord and King,
To You my heart with joy I bring
Jesus, I belong with You​
For You have desired to love me.​
Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening depending on what time zone your on and your in. We are restricted by time and schedules. Our Lord however is not. He is not restricted by time or schedules.
When I wrote yesterday I mentioned a conversation I had with a Christian. Once we heard his voice does it matter where he may take us? As per a conversation I had with another Christian. I ask "Does it matter where he may take us?" The other Christian said "I gotten to smart for that! I had to say yeah, have we gotten to smart to follow him where ever he may take us?
If we have gotten to smart to go where ever he may take us, or maybe our hearts have grown cold because of the sacrifices we have made in the name of Christianity or because we believe this is what the Lord wanted. Or maybe we have too many scars from our brothers and sisters to continue on. Are we mad at everybody and everything. What ever it maybe we are in need of help. Some of you out there are feeling lost and unworthy. Some feel that God has abandoned them and no longer wants anything to do with them. Is any of this going on in your life then I have one thing to say to us or to you personally.
The Lord desires to love us and to express his love to us, but there needs to be a softening in our lives so that we can appreciate his love. So he waits wanting to express his love to us.
For example have you ever seen a rebellious teenager who a parent is trying to console, to encourage, to try to love but all the parent get’s is a cold shoulder with words of you don’t understand what I going through. So the parent waits listening as the young teenager goes off. At any moment the parent could crush the teenager with their words but they don’t, they listen with great patience. Now we know what our Father goes through with us sometimes.

I leave us with this today. The Lord desires to love us and to express his love to us. The question do we desire to be loved by him?
Love in Him!
by a brother