TAKING COMMUNION......BEWARE!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Nov 12, 2009
interesting insight....I'm glad I'm not catholic LOL

Precious Saints,

Now this will indeed open our eyes to some of the "hidden reasons why we are sick"

NOT DISCERNING THE LORD'S BODY......1 CORINTHIANS 11:27-31 PLEASE READ IT ALL......

Wherefore whosoever shall eat this BREAD and drink this CUP of the LORD unworthily, shall be guilty of the BODY and BLOOD of the LORD..... BUT LET A MAN EXAMINE HIMSELF (internal search for sin that is not repented of, including unforgiveness) and so let him eat of that bread and drink of that cup.

FOR HE THAT EATETH AND DRINKETH UNWORTHILY,* EATETH AND DRINKETH ****ATION TO HIMSELF, NOT DISCERNING THE LORDS BODY. FOR THIS CAUSE MANY ARE WEAK AND SICKLY AMONG YOU, AND MANY SLEEP.... FOR IF WE WOULD JUDGE OURSELVES, WE SHOULD NOT BE JUDGED.....

Ok, let's take a closer look at some of this..........First of all that word UNWORTHILY WITH THE ASTERISK NEXT TO IT, DOES NOT MEAN YOU ARE NOT ACCEPTED IN CHRIST.............FOR INDEED
If you have accepted JESUS CHRIST as Savior and LORD ACCORDING TO ACTS 2:38 AND YOU HAVE TRULY MEANT IT IN YOUR HEART............Then you are saved.

This word is indicating there is unrepented sin in our lives.............Maybe you are holding your husband guilty for whatever, or your wife, or your kids, your Mother.............It could be a bunch of different things.........NO MATTER WHAT IT IS, EVEN ANGER AT GOD..........YOU MUST REPENT SINCERELY FIRST, OR NOT TAKE COMMUNION........BEWARE! If you do take it you are guilty of
the SINS, that CHRIST ALREADY FORGAVE MEN FOR..........Now remember something here.....

JESUS CHRIST already died and payed the price for your sin and the one you might be holding guilt against........This will not work in COMMUNION, IT WILL CAUSE YOU TO GET SICK AND DIE EARLY...

This is what is meant when in that verse it says AND MANY SLEEP...........This is not a reference to going to bed, or falling asleep in Church........lol........It is a reference to DYING YOUNGER THAN YOU SHOULD.......

So, the next time you go to the COMMUNION service at your Church, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL ISSUES CLEAR BEFORE YOU TAKE COMMUNION..............

When you are free of unforgiveness, blatant unrepented sin, and you take COMMUNION, IT ACTUALLY REBUILDS YOUR BODY THROUGH THE MIRACLE OF HEALING YOUR TISSUES, AND ORGANS....
There is a ton more about this teaching and the physiological effects of this are not fully known yet.....
However, IT IS CLEAR THERE IN THIS SCRIPTURE WHY MANY OF US ARE SICK AND DYING OF VARIOUS DISEASES WHEN QUITE HONESTLY, WE DON'T NEED TO.........

MORE TO FOLLOW.....

SeekinHIM

S

SeekinHIM

DEAR FRIENDS,

JUST A NOTE HERE FOR EVERYONE THAT READS THIS ................IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ANY PARTICULAR DENOMINATION....

IT APPLIES TO ANYONE THAT TAKES COMMUNION IN THEIR CHURCH..........THIS IS NOT ONLY A CATHOLIC ISSUE............

IT APPLIES TO EVERYONE.

SeekinHIM

Nov 12, 2009
I know it's not a catholic issue....I just know they do "communion" every time they go... my sister moved away to Lutheranism *my own definition*I go to a church who does communion every 13 weeks...complete with footwashing. I'm not here to judge...there's enough of that to go around lol

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
As to the referance of one dying young.
The only scripture I have read so far on this had to do with Our Lord taking a man young because of his goodness and not wanting this one to be destroyed by temptation.
I believe it was in corrinthians, Ill look for it and post it.
When it comes to communion, Jesus said to do this in memory of him.
In scripture I agrre that one should not do this with disrespect or gluttony.
But what bothers me with this post is again more about how we can be wrong rather than the message of Jesus.
I did not come to condem man but to save him.
To often we read far to much condemnation into the word rather than salvation.
Dosnt scripture warn us that condemnation is a tool of satan?
I have seen a few interpitations of the scripture offered here.
Because of the words of Jesus himself , it seems that the interpitation of salvation is more powerful, rather than so much condemnation.
I will rest in Jesus our Lord and Savour.
God bless, pickles

S

SeekinHIM

Precious Pickles,

There is definately no condemnation here, not with me anyway, I just know from experience (unfortunately) what has happened to my Brother's and Sisters in the Body of CHRIST............And it is serioulsy greiving FATHERS heart, because the Word is spelled out pretty clearly on matters such as this one............And yet, there is such hate, anger, hostility, rejection and all in the Bodyl..............Precious, as you know, this should not be so........

We are to be loving one another, yes this is true, but we cannot forget the Justice of OUR GOD and HIS hatred for sin.........Not those that are trapped in those sins, but the sin itself...............My desire is clear...........My purpose and intent here in CC is evident. I love my Brothers and Sisters, and want nothing more than to see them well, and quite honestly, I will do battle with darkness, on their behalf.

SeekinHIM

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Angel- amen. If God wants to kill someone for unrepentant sin in their life He doesn't need to wait until they go to the communion.
It is not because of unrepentant sin that some slept, but because the did not judge themselves rightly and took the flesh and the cup that they died. Paul was very clear about this. If we judge ourselves correctly, there is no judgment.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
As to the referance of one dying young.
The only scripture I have read so far on this had to do with Our Lord taking a man young because of his goodness and not wanting this one to be destroyed by temptation.
I believe it was in corrinthians, Ill look for it and post it.
When it comes to communion, Jesus said to do this in memory of him.
In scripture I agrre that one should not do this with disrespect or gluttony.
But what bothers me with this post is again more about how we can be wrong rather than the message of Jesus.
I did not come to condem man but to save him.
To often we read far to much condemnation into the word rather than salvation.
Dosnt scripture warn us that condemnation is a tool of satan?
I have seen a few interpitations of the scripture offered here.
Because of the words of Jesus himself , it seems that the interpitation of salvation is more powerful, rather than so much condemnation.
I will rest in Jesus our Lord and Savour.
God bless, pickles
No wish to condemn. But the body and the cup are very precious to our Lord. If one takes them unworthy, they are not condemned, but there is still a price to pay. Even as members of His body, we are judged, unless we judge ourselves correctly. His judgment for not seeing His sacrifice as He gave it is weakness and sickness and for some, even death. I do not believe that this means that these are now lost. If we see the cross from His heart, then we will understand that what we do in remembrance of Him is important to Him, how we see Him in our heart is what is important to Him. If we cannot be honest with Jesus, and yet partake of this remembrance with a lie in our heart, how can we expect to be okay with Him? He knows us. This is the hardest part of being one of His, the need for openness with Him about all that we are and do and say and think and feel. He calls us friend, but are we? If we hide things from Him, if we do not judge ourselves rightly, if we think of ourselves as different than what we really are, on the inside, then we are not being very good friends with Him. That is Paul's message in 1st Corinthians chapter 11.

The temptation is to say in our heart, "He knows this about me, so I don't need to judge it myself." Or, even worse, "That was not wrong, well, not so wrong, how I thought about my brother or sister, and how I treated them or spoke about them." It is the evasion that is the trouble.

Jesus asked Peter if he loved Him. Peter was broken in his heart, because he knew what he had done, and Jesus knew that he was broken. There was no condemnation in His asking. There is no condemnation in our telling Him, or better yet, opening up to Him so that He can tell us, with a heart of joy to know that we have nothing hidden from Him, that He knows that we know that we are clean in our hearts.

S

SeekinHIM

Precious Brother,

GRAND SLAM HOMER ON THIS RESPONSE...................WOW.......

THIS IS THE FATHERS HEART ON THE MATTER................THANK YOU VIC..............

SeekinHIM

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
No wish to condemn. But the body and the cup are very precious to our Lord. If one takes them unworthy, they are not condemned, but there is still a price to pay. Even as members of His body, we are judged, unless we judge ourselves correctly. His judgment for not seeing His sacrifice as He gave it is weakness and sickness and for some, even death. I do not believe that this means that these are now lost. If we see the cross from His heart, then we will understand that what we do in remembrance of Him is important to Him, how we see Him in our heart is what is important to Him. If we cannot be honest with Jesus, and yet partake of this remembrance with a lie in our heart, how can we expect to be okay with Him? He knows us. This is the hardest part of being one of His, the need for openness with Him about all that we are and do and say and think and feel. He calls us friend, but are we? If we hide things from Him, if we do not judge ourselves rightly, if we think of ourselves as different than what we really are, on the inside, then we are not being very good friends with Him. That is Paul's message in 1st Corinthians chapter 11.

The temptation is to say in our heart, "He knows this about me, so I don't need to judge it myself." Or, even worse, "That was not wrong, well, not so wrong, how I thought about my brother or sister, and how I treated them or spoke about them." It is the evasion that is the trouble.

Jesus asked Peter if he loved Him. Peter was broken in his heart, because he knew what he had done, and Jesus knew that he was broken. There was no condemnation in His asking. There is no condemnation in our telling Him, or better yet, opening up to Him so that He can tell us, with a heart of joy to know that we have nothing hidden from Him, that He knows that we know that we are clean in our hearts.
VW, I agree with all that you say here. And agree that we allways need to be honest in our hearts before Jesus
.My frustration is with the way that the scripture has been put here and interpited.
It was given in judgement rather than in the way that the scripture is written.
The more I read the scripture in bible on this I felt that as presented here was more about judgement.
The message just wasnt the same.
Im sorry Im not as able as others to easly quote meaning and what was presented.
I can only go with that which is revieled to me in my heart through the Holy Spirit in Jesus Our Lord and Savior.
I know only that all that I am , and will be is not by my hand , knowladge, or streangth. But by the salvation of Jesus, his grace, and the guidence of the Holy Spirit.
My acceptance of all of this is and willingness.
It may be that we agree , it could simply be that often we assume because one didnt say this or acknowladge that. That one is wrong.
When in truth we agree but want to be sure and quallify everything.
Just in case, yes I know I am a sinner, and must confess to Jesus.
To such a degree that Jesus showed me that I had to stop living under condemnation, but his salvation.
What mattered here is what would Jesus ask of us?
God bless, pickles

Jan 22, 2010
This saddens my heart.....
Yeah, Yeshua makes it pretty clear that he is both the bread and the wine. If you believe Yeshua is G-d, then yes, the wafer absolutely "is" (symbolically) G-d.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
VW, I agree with all that you say here. And agree that we allways need to be honest in our hearts before Jesus
.My frustration is with the way that the scripture has been put here and interpited.
It was given in judgement rather than in the way that the scripture is written.
The more I read the scripture in bible on this I felt that as presented here was more about judgement.
The message just wasnt the same.
Im sorry Im not as able as others to easly quote meaning and what was presented.
I can only go with that which is revieled to me in my heart through the Holy Spirit in Jesus Our Lord and Savior.
I know only that all that I am , and will be is not by my hand , knowladge, or streangth. But by the salvation of Jesus, his grace, and the guidence of the Holy Spirit.
My acceptance of all of this is and willingness.
It may be that we agree , it could simply be that often we assume because one didnt say this or acknowladge that. That one is wrong.
When in truth we agree but want to be sure and quallify everything.
Just in case, yes I know I am a sinner, and must confess to Jesus.
To such a degree that Jesus showed me that I had to stop living under condemnation, but his salvation.
What mattered here is what would Jesus ask of us?
God bless, pickles
I know that you are open with Him. I knew this from the first I saw what you wrote. The simple honesty of how you hold your heart in place before Him makes me envious.

The scripture when used in the way it is sometimes here is condemnation. It is used sometimes as if it was the Law, from which only came condemnation. And the Holy Spirit actually had it written that way so if one wished to use it to condemn, it would work. But the Spirit does not use the scriptures to condemn those who are His, but to build us up in Him. When the Spirit is speaking to us in our hearts, we can only agree, even though it is filtered through each one differently. One Lord, One Spirit, One Father over all, with believe it or not, one faith. None of these work in the body if there is not love.

In His peace and love,
vic

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
I know that you are open with Him. I knew this from the first I saw what you wrote. The simple honesty of how you hold your heart in place before Him makes me envious.

The scripture when used in the way it is sometimes here is condemnation. It is used sometimes as if it was the Law, from which only came condemnation. And the Holy Spirit actually had it written that way so if one wished to use it to condemn, it would work. But the Spirit does not use the scriptures to condemn those who are His, but to build us up in Him. When the Spirit is speaking to us in our hearts, we can only agree, even though it is filtered through each one differently. One Lord, One Spirit, One Father over all, with believe it or not, one faith. None of these work in the body if there is not love.

In His peace and love,
vic
Thankyou VW, I see now what you were speaking to.
I let my frustration in the defence of over judgement get in the way.
I sometimes let my compassion over ride Gods message.
I think I need to speak to the messenger rather than the scripture.
But that is the work and timing of Our Lord, not mine.
Thankyou for keeping me on step.
God bless, pickles