Tesla Roadster Orbits Earth

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Seedz

I honestly don't know how most people are convinced that a civilian grade vehicle with no major mods is actually floating around in allegedly the most treacherous environment known to man. These lies and hoaxes are getting more and more ridiculous.

Elon himself claimed that there is not major modifications. Sames seats, same everything.

What about the tires? Wouldn't they blow up in the vacuum of space? Oh right they are probably using space tires. What about the dramatic changes in temperature?

First ask yourself, does it look real? There is an answer for that too according to Musk: The reason it is real it's because it looks so fake.

Come on people.

Feb 28, 2016
counterfeit and illusion are the magic ways of this world' - satan's desire is to
confound the population of this fallen=world into believing his clever and wily lies -
in every aspect of this world, he has his 'claws' in it...don't ever forget this!!!

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
What about the tires? Wouldn't they blow up in the vacuum of space?
833 space shuttle missions and as far as i know, not a single tire explosion.

the shuttle used nitrogen instead of regular air in its tires, because it is more stable under pressure & temperature variation. nitrogen is not uncommon to use in automobile tires.

the pressure inside the tire is balanced on earth by about 15psi atmospheric pressure. as far as the differential between a tire on earth and a tire in vacuum of space, it's 15psi we're talking about -- so an equivalent pressure differential on earth would be to over-inflate any ordinary tire by 15psi.

have your tires ever exploded by being overfilled by this amount? my tires run nominally at 33psi. in space, in the absence of atmospheric pressure, it would be as though i'd put 48psi in them. how many pounds-per-square-inch before a tire explodes? well, it's less uncommon than you might think for people to over-inflate their tires to 60, 70, 80psi when they don't have a gauge and just fill them 'until they look all the way round.' ask anyone at a tire shop. bicycle tires, which are no where near as sturdy as automobile tires, typically run near or over 100psi. the shuttle's tires were inflated to over 230.

i'm thinking we're looking at at least 200psi before a typical tire explodes -- so something like 4x greater pressure differential than the tires on Elon's old car pop.

17Bees

Oct 14, 2016
If the car is actually in space, it's lost now anyway. Now it's headed toward the asteroid belt, they say. Plus, radiation would destroy the car in pretty short order, tires included. But please, enjoy this ride. You're paying for it. It's been estimated by Times and WSJ that Tesla and Musk's solar energy companies have ripped the taxpayer off for about 5 billion so far through outright subsidies, grants, subsidies to the very rich that can afford his cars, and tax breaks. Matter of fact, you could say Elon's real "genius" is following around the Feds. His company's are the only ones I know that have reported losses every year since their founding and their stocks are booming. Oldethennew has it right.

S

Seedz

Seedz.....how come I ONLY ever see you post in the Conspiracy and News forums?

Are there rules as to where I can post?

I read more than I post on the bible discussion.

I don't like to fall into theological discussions. Much of the bible confirms itself, a lot of people don't realize that. Most answers are within the canonized text. You just have to look.

S

Seedz

833 space shuttle missions and as far as i know, not a single tire explosion.

the shuttle used nitrogen instead of regular air in its tires, because it is more stable under pressure & temperature variation. nitrogen is not uncommon to use in automobile tires.

the pressure inside the tire is balanced on earth by about 15psi atmospheric pressure. as far as the differential between a tire on earth and a tire in vacuum of space, it's 15psi we're talking about -- so an equivalent pressure differential on earth would be to over-inflate any ordinary tire by 15psi.

have your tires ever exploded by being overfilled by this amount? my tires run nominally at 33psi. in space, in the absence of atmospheric pressure, it would be as though i'd put 48psi in them. how many pounds-per-square-inch before a tire explodes? well, it's less uncommon than you might think for people to over-inflate their tires to 60, 70, 80psi when they don't have a gauge and just fill them 'until they look all the way round.' ask anyone at a tire shop. bicycle tires, which are no where near as sturdy as automobile tires, typically run near or over 100psi. the shuttle's tires were inflated to over 230.

i'm thinking we're looking at at least 200psi before a typical tire explodes -- so something like 4x greater pressure differential than the tires on Elon's old car pop.

OK so a 4.9% difference in regards to lack of atmospheric pressure, but wouldn't the volume of the gas inside the tires increase regardless? In space, the perfect vacuum, with no container to limit the expansion of the gas wouldn't the tires keep expanding surpassing the strength of the tire?

What about direct sunlight and changes in temperature? What about the LCD/LED display that says "Do not Panic" wouldn't radiation affect that as well?

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
The car is headed for the cosmic junk yard. The cold, heat radiation vacuum et all will eventually destroy it. If not the asteroid belt will. Musk is not looking to retrieve the car at any point so what's the point of worrying about it? They tested a rocket. The rocket needed a payload that was expendable if the test went sideways. Musk said 'hey we got this piece of dead weight available'. So they mocked it up with jokes and cameras and sent it on it's way to destruction.

Why is that an issue with so many? Must we ALWAYS look for something to bother with?

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
The car is headed for the cosmic junk yard. The cold, heat radiation vacuum et all will eventually destroy it. If not the asteroid belt will. Musk is not looking to retrieve the car at any point so what's the point of worrying about it? They tested a rocket. The rocket needed a payload that was expendable if the test went sideways. Musk said 'hey we got this piece of dead weight available'. So they mocked it up with jokes and cameras and sent it on it's way to destruction.

Why is that an issue with so many? Must we ALWAYS look for something to bother with?
Its just a couple cats who think the earth is flat and no such thing as a rocket launch at all in the first place, so they, not really comprehending what they're talking about, are seizing on this stunt as if it's some kind of proof of enormous conspiracy to hide whatever it is they think is 'reality'

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Ground Control to Major Tom...... ;)
Lol here is a cool YouTube video.

[video=youtube;KaOC9danxNo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KaOC9danxNo&feature=share[/video]
it’s awesome.
Blessings
Bill

S

Seedz

Its just a couple cats who think the earth is flat and no such thing as a rocket launch at all in the first place, so they, not really comprehending what they're talking about, are seizing on this stunt as if it's some kind of proof of enormous conspiracy to hide whatever it is they think is 'reality'

Rockets are real, they just don't go into space. You're so washed out by your mainstream knowledge that it is impossible for you to actually think outside the box and you put down anyone else that thinks differently because you don't know better due to your conditioning.

Dont tell me that your your school degrees taught you to think outside the box.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
One of them is in art.

I guess your lack of education taught you how to think, right?

Weird.

MichaelOwen

Nov 6, 2017
Rockets are real, they just don't go into space. You're so washed out by your mainstream knowledge that it is impossible for you to actually think outside the box and you put down anyone else that thinks differently because you don't know better due to your conditioning.

Dont tell me that your your school degrees taught you to think outside the box.

Insults assure me you're losing this battle :p

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
I usually block flat-earthers

S

Seedz

One of them is in art.

I guess your lack of education taught you how to think, right?

Weird.

I have more education than your average joe. My work and hobbies require more education than your average jobs and hobbies.

I don't have 20 degrees to my name, but I have enough technical knowledge and scientific understanding to be able to reason at a higher level than most when speaking in scientific and technical terms. I'm sure you have seen that. I'm no statician or physicist but I am no dunce.

The problem comes when you are overly educated by the same institutions that vetted the evolution theory and the Big Bang. It becomes an issue because the more exposure you have to these kinds of thoughts, the more they shape your mind to their liking. The more you will disregard everything that doesn't line up with your status quo as a conspiracy, and the more closed minded you will become because you cannot fathom your beautiful system that you cherish so much lying to you.

It is that simple. Education is as good as gold. Too much of it and you risk Gold sickness.

RickyZ

Sep 20, 2012
I have more education than your average joe. My work and hobbies require more education than your average jobs and hobbies.

I don't have 20 degrees to my name, but I have enough technical knowledge and scientific understanding to be able to reason at a higher level than most when speaking in scientific and technical terms. I'm sure you have seen that. I'm no statician or physicist but I am no dunce.

The problem comes when you are overly educated by the same institutions that vetted the evolution theory and the Big Bang. It becomes an issue because the more exposure you have to these kinds of thoughts, the more they shape your mind to their liking. The more you will disregard everything that doesn't line up with your status quo as a conspiracy, and the more closed minded you will become because you cannot fathom your beautiful system that you cherish so much lying to you.

It is that simple. Education is as good as gold. Too much of it and you risk Gold sickness.
Perhaps it is how the information is being presented to you.

For example, you just poo-pooed the big bang.

But think about it - God says that He created the universe out of nothing. Science tells us that out of nothing, kaboom there it is.

Sounds like the same story to me. Yet many on both sides of the issue will insist that the two sides are exclusionary.

We just LIVE to find conflict, even where there is none.