Texas shooting today

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Print
Close

Texas church shooting: Trump, politicians react

Published November 05, 2017
FoxNews.com
In the wake of a mass shooting at First Baptist Church in Sutherland Springs, Texas in which at least 20 are feared dead, President Donald Trump and other lawmakers reacted on social media.

still looking for complete story.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
CNN)Multiple people have been killed and many more injured in a shooting Sunday at a church in Sutherland Springs, Texas, authorities said.

The shooter was killed after a brief chase north into neighboring Guadalupe County, according Guadalupe County Sheriff's Office spokesman Robert Murphy. It is unclear if the shooter was killed by police or took his own life, Murphy said.
The FBI is responding to the scene of the shooting, according to Michelle Lee, spokeswoman for the FBI's San Antonio field office.

Local police also have responded to the scene, which occurred at the First Baptist Church, a witness told CNN. The witness, a cashier at a gas station across the street from the church, said she heard about 20 shots being fired in quick succession while a church service was underway around 11:30 a.m. local time.

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
One after another. And this is all that is being reported. Am wondering why.

Feb 28, 2016
we don't 'wonder' anymore Stones, about the killings - but have noticed
that the 'race' is often left out of the reporting,.,

Feb 7, 2015
we don't 'wonder' anymore Stones, about the killings - but have noticed
that the 'race' is often left out of the reporting,.,
Well, it was a "White" church, so we won't have the usual race baiters congregating down there to incite riots.

S

Stranger36147

So sad. My condolences and prayers go to the family and friends of the victims.

Billyd

May 8, 2014
Our prayers go out for the families, friends and victims of this heinous act.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
So far at least 25 dead and at least 10 others injured. What surprises me so far is that this was a small church in a suburb not a larger city church.

Feb 7, 2015
So far at least 25 dead and at least 10 others injured. What surprises me so far is that this was a small church in a suburb not a larger city church.
That's about 6-1/4% of the population of the whole town that were killed.

Dec 12, 2013
MAN the negative comments about the U.S., gun owners, gun laws ect. on FB are filled with vitriol from England and a few other countries........

S

Stranger36147

MAN the negative comments about the U.S., gun owners, gun laws ect. on FB are filled with vitriol from England and a few other countries........
Yeah. When things like this happen, you won't want to see the comments about it on Facebook and especially YouTube. Chances are reading the comments will just make you lose even more faith in humanity.

Dec 12, 2013
Yeah. When things like this happen, you won't want to see the comments about it on Facebook and especially YouTube. Chances are reading the comments will just make you lose even more faith in humanity.

Well....for those who know me....I lit everyone of them up and laid a few facts down and then ripped them some more about not minding armed Americans dying during WW1 and WW2 to save their rear ends.....and then reminded them that when the radical Islamists rise up to see how it goes defending themselves with saps, bats, billy clubs and tennis rackets....

Laish

Jul 31, 2016
Praying for those affected by this horrible attack. Let us all pray for the peace of Christ to come upon this world .
It will not be too soon . Still His will not ours.
Blessings
Bill

E

Ellsworth1943

These are cowards that choose easy targets.
I am so glad we meet in homes.
My prayers are with this community.

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
This world is so sad I can not believe all the evil going on. If someone where to tell me 20 years ago the world would be this crappy I would have laughed at them. Heroin is ravaging our young adults. Pyscho people are running around shooting church people. I am so saddened by what is happening these days. Prayers for the families of the people who have passed. prayers for our country.
Yesterday the NYC psycho running people over. It is getting way to crazy in the world. God bless you all here in Christian Chat may God be with you and protect you.

E

Ellsworth1943

This world is so sad I can not believe all the evil going on. If someone where to tell me 20 years ago the world would be this crappy I would have laughed at them. Heroin is ravaging our young adults. Pyscho people are running around shooting church people. I am so saddened by what is happening these days. Prayers for the families of the people who have passed. prayers for our country.
Yesterday the NYC psycho running people over. It is getting way to crazy in the world. God bless you all here in Christian Chat may God be with you and protect you.
As in the days of Noah.

Jun 1, 2016
Sending prayers to the families,,,,,,,,, :( The red cross has already set up a facility to help the families and a Virgil has been set

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
The latest reports have it at 26 dead and 20 wounded.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I cannot believe this has happened again! Another mass shooting! And the weapon? An automatic machine gun?

Why, oh why, does anyone need an automatic weapon? If you want to defend yourself, surely a revolver or hand gun is the answer?

No other country allows these weapons. It’s why we don’t have mass shootings in Canada, or Australia or Japan ... etc.

Americans need to wake up, and ban these military grade weapons. Keep rifles for hunting, and limiting capacity guns for self defence! America used to be a leader in the world. Now it is a joke’

This constant horror show of mass shootings needs to come to a stop! And yes, it is possible to get rid of these guns. Other countries have. Besides the fact, it is crazies that are committing these mass shootings. There is no possible justification to own these kinds of guns, these days!