Texas shooting today

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

jenniferand2

Mar 19, 2016
thank you tourist hugs to you my friend

S

Society

Yeah. When things like this happen, you won't want to see the comments about it on Facebook and especially YouTube. Chances are reading the comments will just make you lose even more faith in humanity.
I lose my faith in humanity when people go on spree killings, not when people say mean things about me.

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
I cannot believe this has happened again! Another mass shooting! And the weapon? An automatic machine gun?

Why, oh why, does anyone need an automatic weapon? If you want to defend yourself, surely a revolver or hand gun is the answer?
**Sighs**

Nothing like the uninformed proving just how uninformed they are. Automatic machine guns are nearly impossible to obtain in the US.

Dec 12, 2013
Imagine that...a local resident with his own firearm engaged the idiot as he exited the church which caused him to drop his rifle which was NOT AN AUTOMATIC weapon (tragic how some jump on the automatic boat without the facts) and after the suspect crashed was found dead....they are not sure but it seems the local resident possibly wounded the suspect which resulted in his death or helped facilitate his death.....

Obviously this is tragic for all involved (those killed, wounded and family members of the affected and the community) but at the end of the day Paul said very perilous times would come upon humanity. When I was in Australia one time a woman used a knife and killed 9 family members, just recently an idiot used a rented truck, ISIS uses fire, drowning and running over people with tanks, In ENGLAND a truck or van, In Africa fire......at the end of the day evil men will use whatever means they can get their hands on to kill people.......

I am glad I can pack weapons to defend all I hold dear and if needed would step in to defend a cop, a woman being raped or dispatch an idiot killing innocent people by what ever means he or she chooses to employ........and I own several SEMI-AUTOMATIC weapons that hold 30 plus rounds and I have never ONCE thought about KILLING people in a mass shooting nor have ALL the family and friends I know that have the same type of weapons..............

Tommy379

Notorious Member
Jan 12, 2016
**Sighs**

Nothing like the uninformed proving just how uninformed they are. Automatic machine guns are nearly impossible to obtain in the US.
What do you expect from someone who can only get their news from state owned sources?

Dec 12, 2013
**Sighs**

AMEN to that........people who cannot cite facts need to keep it shut.........all they do is feed the fire with disinformation.....just saying......

E

Ellsworth1943

Imagine that...a local resident with his own firearm engaged the idiot as he exited the church which caused him to drop his rifle which was NOT AN AUTOMATIC weapon (tragic how some jump on the automatic boat without the facts) and after the suspect crashed was found dead....they are not sure but it seems the local resident possibly wounded the suspect which resulted in his death or helped facilitate his death.....

Obviously this is tragic for all involved (those killed, wounded and family members of the affected and the community) but at the end of the day Paul said very perilous times would come upon humanity. When I was in Australia one time a woman used a knife and killed 9 family members, just recently an idiot used a rented truck, ISIS uses fire, drowning and running over people with tanks, In ENGLAND a truck or van, In Africa fire......at the end of the day evil men will use whatever means they can get their hands on to kill people.......

I am glad I can pack weapons to defend all I hold dear and if needed would step in to defend a cop, a woman being raped or dispatch an idiot killing innocent people by what ever means he or she chooses to employ........and I own several SEMI-AUTOMATIC weapons that hold 30 plus rounds and I have never ONCE thought about KILLING people in a mass shooting nor have ALL the family and friends I know that have the same type of weapons..............
Well, I don't own any guns-----------That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:rolleyes:

Feb 7, 2015
Do these stupid people calling for more gun control really think all these killers go down to their local firearms store to get their weapons? Really? (Maybe two or three out of a hundred.)

That's where the people who need them for self defense go to get them.

Dec 12, 2013
Well, I don't own any guns-----------That's my story and I'm sticking to it.:rolleyes:
I do.....and without any remorse, embarrassment and or desire to get rid of them....... ;) As a matter of fact every room in my house has one within reach.....maybe the AMERICAN MARINE in me....and all are loaded without a round chambered I might add.......

F

FenceMan

I didn't see this thread first, but I also posted in Prayer Requests regarding this shooting. In the midst of our fruitless debates over gun control and whether it's more sensible to have guns or get rid of all of them or just automatic ones, it's very easy to forget to simply... pray.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
I am FB friends with many people from Texas, c/o a Southern Baptist background. I read from 2 different local sources (San Antonia) these Texans posted that it was an automatic weapon, not even semi-automatic. If local sources were wrong, forgive me for quoting them wrong. I guess next time, I will post the link.

And the last shooting in Las Vegas, the shooter had dozens of semi-automatic guns with some kind of bolt which enabled it to become an automatic weapon. Which is the point! This shooting today is not the first, and it is happening with horrible regularlity. But, you know the British might come any day, and why use muskets, the guns that the writers of the US constitution was writing about, when guns that kill many people are available. 25 dead and another 20 wounded??

American conservatives and Christians can't seem to see the forest for the trees. Guns kill and in the hands of crazy people, they kill many people

Remember, you or you family members may be next! And no, I won't be visiting the US again in the near future. There are so many countries to visit that are far less dangerous.

FYI Canadian media just reported the incoming facts. But, I am sure the gun commentaries will commence tomorrow. And I, like other conservative Canadians, will be praying Americans wake up and realize how stupid the position of no/minimal gun control is.

Crustyone

Mar 15, 2015
For those killed in the Baptist church. Isaiah 57:1-2 [FONT=&quot]The righteous perish,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] and no one takes it to heart;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]the devout are taken away,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] and no one understands[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]that the righteous are taken away[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] to be spared from evil.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2 Those who walk uprightly[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] enter into peace;[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] they find rest as they lie in death.

As for the injured, either punishment or a test of faith. Most likely the latter.[/FONT]

Oncefallen

Idiot in Chief
Staff member
Jan 15, 2011
FYI Canadian media just reported the incoming facts. But, I am sure the gun commentaries will commence tomorrow. And I, like other conservative Canadians, will be praying Americans wake up and realize how stupid the position of no/minimal gun control is.
Interestingly enough, most of these mass shootings are perpetrated by persons who should not own weapons due to mental conditions (our laws do prohibit mentally ill persons from owning firearms) however patient privacy laws make it impossible to track who those persons are.

In this case, the latest that I've heard is that the perp was dishonorably discharged from the military as the result of a general court martial which would have made it illegal for hi to have possesed the weapons that he had.

F

FenceMan

All I can say to your post, Angela, is that Texas isn't the whole country and the US is still a very safe place. The media is great at picking up on every negative incident (and when it comes to the US, the whole world tunes in). To not visit the US out of fear of violence is a choice you have to make. But perhaps you could see it as a mission field rather than a place to avoid...? Just a thought.

But for myself, I would MUCH rather live in a country plagued by violence that recognizes it needs Jesus than a comfortable, healthy, wealthy, life-is-good country where people worship themselves instead of the Creator. Not saying that's what Canada is necessarily, but it's what America was once. But after things like this, it isn't so much anymore.

I actually heard a Christian song playing in Wal-Mart this past weekend... Who would have thought? God is working through these events, and despite the horribleness of it all, I'm also rejoicing inside to see people finally waking up slowly.

joaniemarie

Jan 4, 2017
I'm proud to be an American and agree with those here who believe we have a right to own guns as is our 2nd amendment right. Law abiding Americans still have the right to own firearms. The liberal mindset is totally wacky. It says; If our free speech laws are now hurting certain people's feelings we better not allow free speech... if our right to bear arms annoys or hurts people's feelings., we better not allow law abiding citizens to legally bear arms.

Laws are needed in a civilized society but many uncivilized people will break the law and go kill people using whatever means they can. Many people illegally own and drive cars but no one "sane" is calling for the outlawing of our cars. (although many tree huggers want to have us all use public transportation like they do) The liberal's answer is to give the govt control to take care of "everyone" Instead of allowing and expecting people to take care of themselves. This makes a society of non thinkers who feed on CNN and such fake news organizations that perpetuate liberal ideology.

Wake up liberals from your wacky ideas! Laws will be broken by law breakers. Laws will be upheld by law keeping responsible people. The only people who will benefit from making it illegal to have guns will be the criminal element. Only the criminals will have the guns and the law abiding people will not. Stupid solution as is all the liberal ideas I hear these days.

I have 2 sons in the military who own guns and are responsible adults. They came from parents who love America and taught them how to be responsible who also own guns. And we had parents who were also in the military and police law enforcement as well as firemen in NYC. The only ones who will be effected by more gun control laws will be people like us. If you don't love America please don't come here. There are enough illegals trying to tear us down as it is.

Last edited:

OneFaith

Sep 5, 2016
My heart and hugs goes out to all the families of the victims. My heart cries for them. “May my heart always break with the things that break the heart of God.” , “Blessed even more is he who has not even been born and seen the evil that is done under the sun!”

When I was in grade school, we had to make a poster about the future that us kids would live in as adults. There were a lot of kids who drew pictures of inventions, like on the Jetsons. I had a bad feeling about the future, mine was the only negative one (I remember my teacher saying) even though I was a very positive person, then. Mine showed me pushing my kid on the swing. There was only an empty spot where the swing swung, and everywhere else in the park was knee-deep garbage. It also showed me taking her on a field trip, not to the zoo, but to see the last surviving tree, with movie-theater-rope around it, and two security guards guarding it.

But it is way worse than I imagined. If someone would have told me that schools, even elementary schools, and churches would get shot-up, and it becomes part of regular news, like the weather, I would have balled my eyes out, screaming, then fainted. Satan knows his time is running out, and he wants to get as much evil in as he can before he goes to eternal torment.

I always imagined dying in several ways- a martyr for God- being put on a cross, a burning stake, beheaded, or by failing health, or in my bed asleep because I was so old. In all these ways I had time to wrap my head around it and accept it. Time to say a prayer, and say goodbye to loved ones, while leaving them with advice that would promote love, health, and them going to heaven. Time to hire a complete stranger to read me the Bible daily- secretly for their own sake, in hopes that they would grasp on to soul-saving-truth, while I reflected on, and concluded my life, then telling God I’m ready to come Home.

I know we must always be ready in general, but I always imagined there would be time for closure. Never would I have imagined that I could be worshiping God in church, where I feel the safest, and then suddenly “Bang your dead.” No warning, no chance to reason with the person, or call the police, no self-defense lessons put to good use- just “Bang your dead.” (Purposely not putting a comma after ‘bang’, because my point is there’s no time).

“The love of most will grow cold.” Indeed!!! I would like to take everyone here on this site, yes even you (the ones who think I’m against them), and everyone in this world who at least claims to be a Christian, in one big group hug and huddle, and say “It is up to us, and only us, to warm our hearts with love to overflowing, to combat the fridged temperatures of the hearts that surround us.”

(Song)
It only takes a spark to get a fire growing
And soon all those around
Will warm up to its glowing-
that’s how it is with God’s Love
Once you’ve experienced it,
You’ll want to sing, it’s fresh like spring,
you’ll want to pass it on

(Song)
Lord, listen to Your children praying!
Lord, bring Your Spirit to this place!
Oh, oh, oh Lord, listen to Your children praying.
Send down peace, send down joy, send down love!

When the children of the Lord,
when the children of the Lord,
when the children of the Lord get down and pray,
waters will be parted, and we’ll walk across dry ground,
When the children of the Lord get down and pray.

“If My children (not the worldly), who are called by My name, will humble themselves, will turn away from their wicked ways, and seek My face, then I will hear them, and I will heal their land.”

During Hitler’s rule, millions thought it was the end of the world. But their land is now healed (My cousin now lives there). “Faith, Hope, and Love do remain.”

Let us warm our hearts into one big infernal (huge fire) to combat the cold hearts that have formed one big glacier. In the battle of fire vs ice, fire always wins. In the battle of light vs darkness, light always wins. We must get rid of evil habits, thinking there’s plenty of time, and focus on spreading God’s love and trulth- “for the days are evil, and we must shine like stars in a dark and depraved generation”

HannahA

Sep 16, 2017
my prayer goes out to the family
this is very sadden that it happened in the church
i remember last year there was a bomb in one of the churches in Indonesia and the victim was children
because they are near the entrance when the bomb exploded

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
I do not think its about gun control. There are countries that have more guns per resident than the US (Norway, Switzerland, maybe some other EU countries), but have almost none homicides made with them.
Its people, who murder. Not guns.

The reason why is this happening so often in the US must be somewhere else.

But what did Jesus do, when He heard such news?

"Those eighteen who died when the tower in Siloam fell on them--do you think they were more guilty than all the others living in Jerusalem?
I tell you, no! But unless you repent, you too will all perish."

Lk 13:2

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
Prayers for all of the people who became victims of this evil act by an evil mind.......

cowboy 1.jpg