Texas State Board of Education votes to erase Hillary Clinton from history curriculum

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

p_rehbein

Sep 4, 2013
What was HRC watershed moment that she should be included elementary school social studies curriculum?

We are talking elementary school.
Wasn't it her that gave us the "It takes a village" ideology in raising children? Maybe that is it.

Oct 3, 2018
www.jbs.org
What was HRC watershed moment that she should be included elementary school social studies curriculum?

We are talking elementary school.
Yes, I saw you when you asked that same question you've now repeated.
What watershed moments are presently contained in the elementary school social studies curriculum?

U

UnderGrace

Yes, I saw you when you asked that same question you've now repeated.
What watershed moments are presently contained in the elementary school social studies curriculum?
Do you want the Canadian version?

U

UnderGrace

Wasn't it her that gave us the "It takes a village" ideology in raising children? Maybe that is it.
Love it ...too funny! :LOL:

It was originally an African proverb, I sure she had a team of researches find it for her. Who knows maybe they even wrote the book for her too.

Oct 3, 2018
www.jbs.org
Do you want the Canadian version?
Do you think that would be relevant when this thread concerns an American elementary school curriculum?
If you're coming from a Canadian perspective do you really think you have a relevant perspective for input for the American school system?

U

UnderGrace

Do you think that would be relevant when this thread concerns an American elementary school curriculum?
If you're coming from a Canadian perspective do you really think you have a relevant perspective for input for the American school system?
I don't see why not.

Canadian education system typically out ranks the United States education system significantly on most world rankings last time I looked. :cool:

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
She is a historical figure and should not be removed from the history books and should also be accurately portrayed. I'm no Hillary fan but don't believe in government censorship.

U

UnderGrace

She is a historical figure and should not be removed from the history books and should also be accurately portrayed. I'm no Hillary fan but don't believe in government censorship.
How is this government censorship?

Social studies is a sliver of the school day.

Do you think every person who was Secretary of State should be a lesson plan. There wouldn't be time to actually teach social studies which is not a who's who of government.

S

SpoonJuly

Maybe they just don't want the kids to know the truth about Hillary.
Sounds like a Dem. plot to me.

Odelschwanck

Jan 7, 2015
Possibly relevant - I read an article today about how a study showed a third of US citizens can't pass a US citizenship history test. People under 45 being worse.

J

Jennie-Mae

How is this government censorship?

Social studies is a sliver of the school day.

Do you think every person who was Secretary of State should be a lesson plan. There wouldn't be time to actually teach social studies which is not a who's who of government.
Well, everybody that has, at some point in their career, been running for president, should be mentioned in the history books.

If not, what would the 2016 election history be?

Teacher: In 2016 Donald Trump was elected president. He’s representing the GOP. There’s nobody running against him.

Student: What did they need an election for then?

Teacher: For the same reasons they didn’t have a Secretary of State between 2009-2013.

Locutus

Feb 10, 2017
Well, everybody that has, at some point in their career, been running for president, should be mentioned in the history books.

Teacher: In 2016 Donald Trump was elected president. He’s representing the GOP. There’s nobody running against him.

Teacher: For the same reasons they didn’t have a Secretary of State between 2009-2013.
BigSmile.gif

They would need to know who the righteous right were chanting "Lock her up" to.

U

UnderGrace

We are not talking about history books.

As well, if people would the article it clearly states that these two people along with some other topics are not mandated to be taught, not that it cannot be taught.

Yes lets all memorize dates, facts, people's names and think we have learned social studies.

This is an elementary school curriculum which about building a sociological-historical civic framework to build knowledge, understanding, application and critical thinking skills.

Knowledge and facts is the lowest level of learning theory.

J

Jennie-Mae

We are not talking about history books.

As well, if people would the article it clearly states that these two people along with some other topics are not mandated to be taught, not that it cannot be taught.

Yes lets all memorize dates, facts, people's names and think we have learned social studies.

This is an elementary school curriculum which about building a sociological-historical civic framework to build knowledge, understanding, application and critical thinking skills.

Knowledge and facts is the lowest level of learning theory.
Whenever the northerners wrote the history books for the South they had a tendency of leaving out the parts that didn’t like.

I don’t like HRC, not one bit. I didn’t like Donald Trump either, but I’ve come to the conclusion that he’s the only politician capable of standing up against China, and that moment he shows that he ain’t controlled by the Russians, I’m gonna support him.

But, leaving out parts of history one doesn’t like, well, that sounds like something the left would’ve done.

U

UnderGrace

Whenever the northerners wrote the history books for the South they had a tendency of leaving out the parts that didn’t like.

I don’t like HRC, not one bit. I didn’t like Donald Trump either, but I’ve come to the conclusion that he’s the only politician capable of standing up against China, and that moment he shows that he ain’t controlled by the Russians, I’m gonna support him.

But, leaving out parts of history one doesn’t like, well, that sounds like something the left would’ve done.
I do not doubt that, but we are talking about Texas.

There is a continual selection process in curriculum because the amount of information is not all equal as time goes on. As well the teacher is not prohibited if he/she has the time they are more than free to teach about the person.

Curriculum like I have said repeatedly, is not about saturating the students mind with knowledge of every event, person, place or thing, that is just silly in this day and age.

I really think now this whole thread is just plain silly.
Better to find the real problems and agendas in the world, this news bite is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Now, I remember why I felt that this was the "left" making a big deal about it, because HRC is their darling and this is their feeble attempt to make Texas education look bad.

U

UnderGrace

Interesting tjought...

Since the link is to MSNBC, I think it is an attempt of the left to make the south (Texas) look bad by saying they are taking out important people from the curriculum.

Well maybe Texas does not want to spend a lot of time on HRC, I think in terms of curriculum development they are definitely sound in their judgement and it is the left that is making this into a big deal, that has been my whole point. I agree with Texas on this judgement with regards to curriculum development.