The 1000yr period of rest; in heaven or on earth?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Will the kingdom {the 1000yr period of rest} take place on Gods green earth or in heaven?

Jun 4, 2014
Earth. And it will begin with the worldwide economic collapse.

iamsoandso

Oct 6, 2011
Will the kingdom {the 1000yr period of rest} take place on Gods green earth or in heaven?

"Thy Kingdom come on thy will be done on (EARTH),as it is in (HEAVEN)",,,

Agricola

Dec 10, 2012
Clearly it is on Earth, which does not go down well with certain theology claiming everything is spiritual and we are already in the 1000 year period and Christ is ruling over the Church.

K

kennethcadwell

It will be here on earth, the 1,000 year reign happens after the Lord Jesus comes back to earth.
Satan is imprisoned in the pit, and Jesus rules the earth. Then Satan is released after the 1,000 years, and Jesus finally destroys him and the rest who follow him.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
I agree with all who have posted. The only group that i know that says the 1000yr period of rest will be in heaven is the 7th day adventist. Why do they make that claim? Its not scriptural. Was it stated by their prophetess Helen White?

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2013
Earth after the great tribulation and wrath of God...1000 year reign of the Lion of the Tribe of Judah on this earth.

Jan 27, 2013
how long was (the word of god) silent after 70 ad . when did the bible go to print, around 1500 ad.
history answers to the listener.

when old and new covenants became one book, ie what we call the bible. 66 books

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2013
So far Jerusalem ain't a new city unless some think that this is Jesus rather than Jesus talking to the church of Philadelphia.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will (future) write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 19:11-16

11 And I saw heaven opened , and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war .
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written , that no man knew , but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written , KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Revelation 20:1-5
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up , and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled : and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image , neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished . This is the first resurrection.

It appears that the 1000 year reign of Christ will be on earth.

Revelation 22:7 Behold , I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2013
So far Jerusalem ain't a new city unless some think that this is Jesus rather than Jesus talking to the church of Philadelphia.

Revelation 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will (future) write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Revelation 19:11-16

11 And I saw heaven opened , and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war .
12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written , that no man knew , but he himself.
13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.
16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written , KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

Revelation 20:1-5
1 And I saw an angel come down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
2 And he laid hold on the dragon, that old serpent, which is the Devil, and Satan, and bound him a thousand years,
3 And cast him into the bottomless pit, and shut him up , and set a seal upon him, that he should deceive the nations no more, till the thousand years should be fulfilled : and after that he must be loosed a little season.
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image , neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.
5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished . This is the first resurrection.

It appears that the 1000 year reign of Christ will be on earth.

Revelation 22:7 Behold , I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
when was this book read as wrote.( rev) but a vision or dream, to be decerned.

7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. That was to all 7 churches that were in turkey.

Jan 27, 2013
when was this book read as wrote.( rev) but a vision or dream, to be decerned.

7 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. That was to all 7 churches that were in turkey.
9 I, John, both your brother and companion in the tribulation and kingdom and patience of Jesus Christ, was on the island that is called Patmos for the word of God and for the testimony of Jesus Christ.10 I was in the Spirit on the Lord's Day, and I heard behind me a loud voice, as of a trumpet,11 saying, "I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last," and, "What you see, write in a book and send it to the seven churches which are in Asia: to Ephesus, to Smyrna, to Pergamos, to Thyatira, to Sardis, to Philadelphia, and to Laodicea." rev 1

L

Laodicea

Some verses to consider

John 14:1-3 KJV
(1) Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
(2) In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
(3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jesus said He is going to heaven to prepare us a place there, in heaven. When He comes again He will recieve us and where He is we will be. Where is Jesus now? In Heaven, so where will we be after He returns? In heaven according to these verses.

L

Laodicea

1 Thessalonians 4:17 KJV
(17) Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Why are we going to meet the Lord in the air when He returns if the 1000 years will be on earth?

john832

May 31, 2013
Some verses to consider

(2) In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
(3) And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

Jesus said He is going to heaven to prepare us a place there, in heaven. When He comes again He will recieve us and where He is we will be. Where is Jesus now? In Heaven, so where will we be after He returns? In heaven according to these verses.
My friend, let's add a couple more verses to this...

Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Where did He ascend from?

Act 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

There were on the Mount of Olives. What geographical location does Christ return to?

Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.

john832

May 31, 2013
1 Thessalonians 4:17 KJV
(17) Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Why are we going to meet the Lord in the air when He returns if the 1000 years will be on earth?
The air here has clouds in it. Clouds at the very highest go to about 40,000 feet above earth. WE meet Him in the air, then return to earth with Him.

L

Laodicea

My friend, let's add a couple more verses to this...

Act 1:11 Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Where did He ascend from?

Act 1:12 Then returned they unto Jerusalem from the mount called Olivet, which is from Jerusalem a sabbath day's journey.

There were on the Mount of Olives. What geographical location does Christ return to?

Zec 14:4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
The day of the Lord is a period of time not just a set day. So Zechariah could be at the end of the 1000 years here are some verses to consider.

Zechariah 14:3 KJV
(3) Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Revelation 20:8-9 KJV
(8) And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
(9) And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.

Zechariah could well be at the end of the 1000 years not the beginning. Revelation 20:8-9 is at the end of the 1000 years and the Lord destroys all those nations who come against them.

May 15, 2013
It is most likely it will be here on earth and which it is the Sabbath. But I doesn't think that there will be no rest, because the children will be working days and nights trying to save that lost sheep and bring them back in green pastures. Jesus did most of His work on the Sabbath. But the eighth day or the new day of the next week is what we are suppose to be looking forward to.

Luke 15:4 “Suppose one of you has a hundred sheep and loses one of them. Doesn't he leave the ninety-nine in the open country and go after the lost sheep until he finds it?

Matthew 12:12 How much more valuable is a person than a sheep! Therefore it is lawful to do good on the Sabbath.”

John 3:17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Luke 19:10 For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost.”

john832

May 31, 2013
The day of the Lord is a period of time not just a set day. So Zechariah could be at the end of the 1000 years here are some verses to consider.
No, Zechariah refers to the end of this 6000 year period...

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

This occurs during the Tribulation period not after the Millennium.

Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Correct me if I am wrong here but don't the SDAs teach that there is no one alive on earth for the Millennium? If that is the case, where do the nations come from that go up to Jerusalem to battle?

Zechariah 14:3 KJV
(3) Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Revelation 20:8-9 KJV
(8) And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.
(9) And they went up on the breadth of the earth, and compassed the camp of the saints about, and the beloved city: and fire came down from God out of heaven, and devoured them.
Now this truly does occur at the end of the Millennium...

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

At that time, Gog and Magog are still alive and still nations.

Zechariah could well be at the end of the 1000 years not the beginning. Revelation 20:8-9 is at the end of the 1000 years and the Lord destroys all those nations who come against them.
The events Zechariah describes are at the time of the return of Christ.

L

Laodicea

No, Zechariah refers to the end of this 6000 year period...

Zec 14:1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
Zec 14:2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.

This occurs during the Tribulation period not after the Millennium.

Zec 14:3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.

Correct me if I am wrong here but don't the SDAs teach that there is no one alive on earth for the Millennium? If that is the case, where do the nations come from that go up to Jerusalem to battle?
Revelation 20:5 KJV
(5) But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

Now this truly does occur at the end of the Millennium...

Rev 20:7 And when the thousand years are expired, Satan shall be loosed out of his prison,
Rev 20:8 And shall go out to deceive the nations which are in the four quarters of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle: the number of whom is as the sand of the sea.

At that time, Gog and Magog are still alive and still nations.

The events Zechariah describes are at the time of the return of Christ.
Malachi 4:1 KJV
(1) For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.

In Revelation 20 Gog and Magog are Satan and his followers. Satan the root his followers the branches.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Some verses to consider

Where is Jesus now. Yeah, in heaven. Where will He be after He returns. In heaven? Nope. When He returns He will be here.

ZECH. 8 [1] Again the word of the Lord of hosts came to me, saying, [2] Thus saith the Lord of hosts; I was jealous for Zion with great jealousy, and I was jealous for her with great fury. [3] THUS SAITH THE LORD; I AM RETURNED UNTO ZION, AND WILL DWELL IN THE MIDST OF JERUSALEM: and Jerusalem shall be called a city of truth; and the mountain of the Lord of hosts the holy mountain. [4] Thus saith the Lord of hosts; There shall yet old men and old women dwell in the streets of Jerusalem, and every man with his staff in his hand for very age. [5] And the streets of the city shall be full of boys and girls playing in the streets thereof. [6] Thus saith the Lord of hosts; If it be marvellous in the eyes of the remnant of this people in these days, should it also be marvellous in mine eyes? saith the Lord of hosts. [7] Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Behold, I WILL SAVE MY PEOPLE FROM THE EAST COUNTRY, AND FROM THE WEST COUNTRY; [8] AND I WILL BRING THEM, AND THEY SHALL DWELL IN THE MIDST OF JERUSALEM: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God, in truth and in righteousness.

Verses 4-6 gives us an idea as how things will be during the 1000yr rest. Verse 7, the gathering {in the twinkling of an eye} and so shall we ever be with the Lord