The Absolute Oneness of God

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
D

Depleted

All Christians that believe Jesus was god. Just one more god renders HaShem no more of an absolute Oneness.
No Christians believe Jesus was God. We believe Jesus IS God. Triune -- three-in-one. Note "in-one." How can that be? You said it yourself, "A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits."

D

Depleted

I know what Jesus believed as a Jew and, I am trying to rescue his reputation from the misguided attacks of Christianity. Regarding Isaiah 53, that's the chapter in the Tanach I read more even than the Torah itself. Do you have any question about Isaiah 53? I am all ears! If you read that chapter in my Bible, you will get surprised about the concordance notes throughout the
verses.
I'd be more worried about you resurrecting a true belief in the triune God than what we believe.

(And really, not surprised at all what the continuation of the targum has done to the jewish belief system, since the ultimate purpose is to deny Jesus IS God.)

S

sevenseas

Was thinking the same thing sevenseas.
this dude is muslim as far as I can tell

Jewish people do not speak of the absolute oneness of God

they use the term 'elohim' as well which is grammatically plural, found in the Hebrew Bible and apparently not found in any other language

I knew this anyway, but wiki explains it here:

Elohim (Hebrew: אֱלֹהִים’ĕlōhîm) is a grammatically plural noun for "gods" or "deity" in Biblical Hebrew. In Modern Hebrew, it is often referred to in the singular despite the -im ending that denotes plural masculine nouns in Hebrew.

so, we have a thread with a title that belies the the subject matter

it does not even sound Jewish but I guess you have to know how that would sound LOL!

Jewish people are not detached from their speech the way this dude is

Dino246

Jun 30, 2015
Trofimus, do you understand the concept of Logic? Hoping you do, my second question is, do you understand the concept of absolute Oneness? If you had read the thread as I expected you did, you could have paraphrased this post of yours above before you posted it. There is no three in one or one in three. One is one in absolute terms; no other way to express it
Your error here is that you attribute "absolute Oneness" to God according to your own understanding, and then try to apply it across the board. Better that you build your concept of God from the Scripture and let that inform your understanding of "oneness".

You seem to be demanding that the God Who created you be subject to your understanding. Simply put, your god is too small. :)

S

sevenseas

Your error here is that you attribute "absolute Oneness" to God according to your own understanding, and then try to apply it across the board. Better that you build your concept of God from the Scripture and let that inform your understanding of "oneness".

You seem to be demanding that the God Who created you be subject to your understanding. Simply put, your god is too small. :)

actually no

it is not his own understanding

it is from the qur'an

stonesoffire

Poetic Member
Nov 24, 2013
Its what the Muslims are being taught to do. First they come to forums and learn what we think...then they come to try to confuse.

Be ready...

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Trofimus, do you understand the concept of Logic?
What an odd question coming from one whose other thread OP was a series of logical fallacies.

Magenta

Jul 3, 2015
Mohammed was a Satanic adulterous war mongering pedophile.

S

sevenseas

Its what the Muslims are being taught to do. First they come to forums and learn what we think...then they come to try to confuse.

Be ready...

oh they do not have to come to these forums and I don't know what good that would do them anyway with the disparate views and constant disagreement

I wasn't confused

you cannot answer someone who joins with an arguement

when you (I don't mean you personally) answer them to try to prove they are wrong it will never happen

it is illogical to assume that if someone wants to argue and joins for that reason, that you can do anything but please them when you engage them in the arena of their choosing

Last edited:
K

kaylagrl

Banned,humm,seems he didn't have as many answers as he thought he did.

dexflores

Jan 3, 2018
you should understand that Jesus is 100% man as per Eph 2:5-10 but in him all the fullness of Godhead bodily as per colossians 2:9, we must understand that God himself manifested in the flesh to save us from sin 1 tim. 3:16. it is not Jesus' flesh whom we worship because that is the sacrifice to all our sins, but the one that is within Him which is the Fullness of Deity. because we can prove that the bible clearly states in Isaiah 9:6 that he is the everlasting Father and the mighty God, Jesus is the true God and eternal life as per 1 john 5:20. that he came in the world in His Father's name, john 5:43 and he is also the I'am in exodus as per john 8:24 told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he.
we must understand what God did for our salvation.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Now, besides being God absolutely One, He is incorporeal. If God were corporeal, He would consist of atoms, and would not be one; or he would be comparable to other beings; but a comparison implies the existence of similar and of dissimilar elements, and God would thus not be One. A corporeal God would be finite, and an external power would be required to define those limits.
What you are suggesting here is that Jesus is not God, since He was fully human and also fully God. You are also suggesting that because God is ONE, He cannot be three Divine Persons at the same time. Now while you may find this hard to comprehend, both things are true, which means that you will need to adjust your thinking on the basis of the New Testament (although the tri-unity of God is already expressed in the Torah). Elohim (God) is a uniplural word, therefore God said "Let US make man in OUR image and in OUR likeness".

K

kaylagrl

you should understand that Jesus is 100% man as per Eph 2:5-10 but in him all the fullness of Godhead bodily as per colossians 2:9, we must understand that God himself manifested in the flesh to save us from sin 1 tim. 3:16. it is not Jesus' flesh whom we worship because that is the sacrifice to all our sins, but the one that is within Him which is the Fullness of Deity. because we can prove that the bible clearly states in Isaiah 9:6 that he is the everlasting Father and the mighty God, Jesus is the true God and eternal life as per 1 john 5:20. that he came in the world in His Father's name, john 5:43 and he is also the I'am in exodus as per john 8:24 told you that you would die in your sins; if you do not believe that I am he.
we must understand what God did for our salvation.

The OP was banned and the thread is dead. May want to check that before posting in a thread...

Enoch987

Jul 13, 2017
Hear o Israel, the Lord our God is one. In Hebrew, 2 of a kind is singular. 3 of a kind is plural. If the Holy Spirit is the mind of God and not a person (2 Corinthians 2), Paul's letters start out with God the Father and Jesus Christ the Lord, First John says Father and Son are God (1 John 5:7 Father Son and Holy Spirit is not in the earliest manuscripts). The Holy Spirit is the mind of God given to the Son. The archetypes of firstborn sons who were chosen highlighted chosen because they were born last (Shem, Abram, Isaac, Jacob, Joseph (well Benjamin was last), Ephraim. Luke 9:35 This is my chosen Son (in the earliest manuscripts). Matthew and Mark account of what God said "this is my beloved Son," fits the pattern of Genesis 20, Isaac is the Abraham's beloved son , beloved son, only son. Abram's first son was Ishmael. Abraham's first son was Isaac. The advocate is Jesus with the mind of God (1 John 2:1). Compare to the Advocate in John (The Father will send another in My Name. The way Paul proved Jesus in the old testament Lord God of hosts and Lord of hosts and the Holy One of Israel points to Father , Son and Holy Spirit. Paul refrains from calling Jesus as God. Paul calls Jesus Lord and Christ and the Father as God. John calls Father and Son as God in First John.

MarcR

Feb 12, 2015
I realize that you are banned and will not see this; but, there are other Israelis on the forum to catch me if I make a miss-statement.

Dt 6:4
4 Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord:
KJV

The Hebrew Word translated one is אֶחָֽד , which signifies composite unity (a unity of parts).

This is illustrated in Nu 13:23
23 And they came unto the brook of Eshcol, and cut down from thence a branch with one cluster of grapes וְאֶשְׁכּ֤וֺ֙ל עֲנָבִי֙ם אֶחָֽד and they bare it between two upon a staff; and they brought of the pomegranates, and of the figs.
KJV

Coming from a Hebrew speaking country, The OP should not have needed this to be pointed out!