The ark of the covenant

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
I know this book was left out of todays bible and don't know why it was but... Could prophecy below be true?

2 MACCABEES 2[1] It is also found in the records, that Jeremy the prophet commanded them that were carried away to take of the fire, as it hath been signified:[2] And how that the prophet, having given them the law, CHARGED THEM NOT TO FORGET THE COMMANDMENTS OF THE LORD, and that they should not err in their minds, when they see images of silver and gold, with their ornaments.[3] And with other such speeches exhorted he them, that the law should not depart from their hearts.[4] It was also contained in the same writing, that the prophet, being warned of God, commanded THE TABERNACLE AND THE ARK TO GO WITH HIM, AS HE WENT FORTH INTO THE MOUNTAIN, WHERE MOSES CLIMBED UP, and saw the heritage of God.[5] AND WHEN JEREMY CAME THITHER, HE FOUND AN HOLLOW CAVE, WHEREIN HE LAID THE TABERNACLE, AND THE ARK, AND THE ALTAR OF INCENSE, AND SO STOPPED THE DOOR.[6] And some of those that followed him came to mark the way, but they could not find it.[7] Which when Jeremy perceived, he blamed them, saying, AS FOR THAT PLACE, IT SHALL BE UNKNOWN UNTIL THE TIME THAT GOD GATHER HIS PEOPLE AGAIN TOGETHER, AND RECEIVE THEM UNTO MERCY.[8] Then shall the Lord shew them these things, and the glory of the Lord shall appear, and the cloud also, as it was shewed under Moses, and as when Solomon desired that the place might be honourably sanctified.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
PS- this is simply about the ark and not about the keeping of the commandments

Sep 4, 2012
Could be true. If it was found what purpose would it serve? Interesting archaeological artifact...

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Hey wall, where've you been buddy? To be honest I am not exactly comfortable with bible prophesy or books that were left out of the bible. This doesn't mean I think they aren't legit or perhaps even can be part of God's word only that I am very cautious towards these things and need discernment to consider it a part of the word or not

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Could be true. If it was found what purpose would it serve? Interesting archaeological artifact...
If it were found with the 10 commandments still intact I would have to believe it would serve a great purpose in the fact that a lot of unbelievers would take notice that the bible might be accurate.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Hey wall, where've you been buddy? To be honest I am not exactly comfortable with bible prophesy or books that were left out of the bible. This doesn't mean I think they aren't legit or perhaps even can be part of God's word only that I am very cautious towards these things and need discernment to consider it a part of the word or not
Hey Blain. Im as you are. Not comfortable. Do you know why that book was left out and who may have done it?

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
Indiana Jones already found the ark of the covenant, years ago.

I can't believe we still argue about this stuff.

: )

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Funny you should point that out now Maxwell. If you were to turn on the SYFY channel right now you could see old Indy find it again.

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Hey Blain. Im as you are. Not comfortable. Do you know why that book was left out and who may have done it?
Well I can only assume that it was left out because it was not truly holy spirit inspired. And as for who created is a good question. creating a bible is possible after all even the satanics have their own satanic bible

N

nathan3

I don't know what to make of it. I never heard of that account of the ark. Maybe it was lost at one point and they found it later ? I mean after all its was Jeremy that said it nothing God told him to say, I think.

I know in the Book of Revelation it shows that the Ark is in heaven with God.

So weather its there now or not, I think its there now.

There was another credible person that felt the ark was some where in Israel today. But, I'm going with Revelation, and, that its in heaven right as we speak.

Wall

Mar 13, 2013
Yeah Nathan3, in Rev. youll find the ark of his testament. Doesn't say ark of the covenant but the wording around the passage leads me to believe your right

The Day of the Lord-The day of His wrath
Revelation 11:18-19 (KJV)
[SUP]18 [/SUP]And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.
[SUP]19 [/SUP]And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.

The giving of the 10 commandments
Exodus 20:18 (KJV)
[SUP]18 [/SUP]And all the people saw the thunderings, and the lightnings, and the noise of the trumpet, and the mountain smoking: and when the people saw it, they removed, and stood afar off.

Angela53510

Jan 24, 2011
2 Maccabees has been shown to be a work of fiction. First Maccabees has a lot of solid historical facts, although not inspired. Not 2 Maccabees. You would be better off with Indiana Jones, I think!

Aug 5, 2013
Well I can only assume that it was left out because it was not truly holy spirit inspired. And as for who created is a good question. creating a bible is possible after all even the satanics have their own satanic bible
1 and 2 Maccabees tell the true story of the Israelites' revolt that led to their freedom (until the Romans conquered Europe). The story of Hannukah is found within it. It is clearly not "satanic". Furthermore, in this day and age of easy information, you really ought to educate yourself about the "satanic bible". There was one written 40 years ago, but it contains no ancient books because Satanism is only as old as that "bible" (40 years old). The Satanism that has been popularized through Christian myths was debunked by Kenneth Lanning of the FBI... it never existed.

maxwel

Apr 18, 2013
2 Maccabees has been shown to be a work of fiction. First Maccabees has a lot of solid historical facts, although not inspired. Not 2 Maccabees. You would be better off with Indiana Jones, I think!
See... I told ya.

: )

O

overcomer2

I believe the ark has been found. Mr. Wyatt was excavating the site. However, he died and was unable to give conclusive evidence. Ron was a man of integrity. Look at the site Archaeological Research.org. You can follow his steps. Amazing. I think the Red Sea Crossing and the Roman Chariot wheels he found in the Red Sea are amazing.