"The child shall lead..." showing how God's love is more powerful than "religion"

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
"The child shall lead..." showing how God's love is more powerful than "religion"

Learning about bad religion and mean people,
and good religion and nice people--a lesson for young people.

A true story about the Bible and
a little girl who found God in a field of flowers

In this world, today, and even back when Jesus lived, "religion" can become a source of terrible suffering. One of the main reasons Jesus came when He did, was that corrupted "religion," that many people refer to as the "spirit of religion," or putting laws and rules, which are important, but not if they become an idol of religion that puts religion above the people that Christ came to save.

One example back then when Jesus lived, was that people were so concerned about the rules of honoring the Sabbath day, which is important, but not to the point where they were putting the rules above safety of people or animals under their care. Jesus said that it was allowed to do good on the Sabbath, such as even miraculous healing that He did which was a dramatic way to show the people who had lost the true meaning of the Bible, that God's love and doing good can be more important than religious laws in many cases, especially if observing a church law or law or rule from the Bible, causes a person to suffer which is against the whole meaning of the Bible.

There are some Church and Bible rules and "traditions" (ways of worshiping God or healthy ways of living) that are very important and can not be set aside just for any reason or emergency. One of these is honoring your parents, as long as they are honoring God and not asking you to do something harmful to yourself or to anyone else. If they are, sometimes you have to call a friend, or a church, or even the police.

Another important rule is waiting until you are married and the age of an adult to share intimate times with someone you love of the opposite gender (gender means male or female).

Another rule is showing kindness to everyone that you can, not putting people down who might be different, or poor (or rich) or a different race or culture (race means different skin colors and culture means maybe someone from another country or different part of town or a nation), helping people in need or who are suffering, as long as it does not put yourself in danger and is done with the help of a church or caring family.

Most churches try to teach and live the Christian values taught in the Bible. Jesus said that true religion is not just preaching to others, but putting your faith in action, loving God, loving friends and family and school friends (defending and helping students who are being teased or bullied or finding someone who can help them), and loving and respecting good and healthy projects in life that make Heaven real on earth and in our own homes. God and Jesus considers people and life to be sacred (sacred means honored and very special--especially people who have special needs or need special help). He calls this "stewardship," which means doing our best to take good care of things and people who have been put in our lives for special reasons, sometimes that only God might know.

So, this should give a good lesson in what religion is supposed to be and what it should not be.

A LITTLE GIRL SHOWS HOW GODS LOVE AS FLOWERS
IS MORE SIMPLE THAN RELIGION SOMETIMES

One day, many years ago, our family was fighting and arguing about many things related to a new marriage and new relatives who didn't get along, and about different Church beliefs, or not having any beliefs. In the world today, there are still people who think that religion is meant to control and hurt other people, or force their beliefs and rules on them. Sometimes they can be from another country, or different religion, or even local churches (formal or casual churches--formal means strict ways of worshiping, or dressing, or following strict rules like studying what the church believes for many hours a day, and casual means more relaxed and friendly).

In the middle of the unhappiness of the family fights and sadness of people who had suffered from abuses of religion, or other mean people who use religion to lord over others, instead of Jesus the LORD being LORD--
In the middle of all this sadness, on a trip in a car to the countryside (away from the city), one little girl, a friend of the family who didn't know anything about the Bible, or church or religion, got out of the car, and cried over the sadness of everyone, and walked out into the middle of the field and picked some flowers and twirled around looking up at the sky and sang out with joy at how beautiful the sunny day was, and the flowers, and the beautiful field, looking up at God hidden in the blue sky, like happy dolphins are hidden in the ocean--you can't always see them, but they are very real.

In the Bible, when Jesus was baptized in the Jordan river by his Cousin and friend, John the Baptist, which means telling God that you are thankful for your life and want to share the joy of life with other people, especially the joy that life can go on forever in Heaven when we know and follow Jesus of Nazareth, who lived in Israel 2,000 years ago--God spoke out of the clouds over the river and said that He was very pleased with Jesus His Son, who was going to teach the world about God's love, kindness, and Mercy.

In the same way, that little girl in the field was kind of "baptized" by the field of flowers and the joy of life, and God surely looked down from Heaven, with all the Angels singing that they were very happy about that little girl sharing the simple joy of life on a sunny day, with a lot of sad and sometimes angry people.

What an amazing, beautiful and brave thing to do, don't you think?
That's the power of God's love to change the world!

All we have to do is love God, who created all the beauty in the world, love life, and love all the nice people in the world, and just try to avoid all the mean people.
Whenever I think of this "baptism of flowers," and god smiling down from Heaven on a brave and happy little girl, I still weep with joy many years later.
That's the power of God's kindness that can change the world!
It's the Power of Heaven that makes it real through simple things like that, being made real though simple, happy people!!

8726281-woman-in-white-dress-triwls-in-field-with-flowers-in-hand-summer-carefree-girl-Stock-Pho.jpg

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012
Re: "The child shall lead..." showing how God's love is more powerful than "religion"

Please note that this is a copyrighted photo that belongs to thee company illustrated on it, and can not be copied or used for economic gain or other purposes, and is used here only as a comp-photo

trofimus

Aug 17, 2015
Re: "The child shall lead..." showing how God's love is more powerful than "religion"

"And the wolf shall feed with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the young calf and bull and lion shall feed together; and a little child shall lead them."
Is 11:6

I think that the context is about something else than a child leading people.
https://theologicallyspeaking.com/2010/08/26/please-stop-saying-and-a-little-child-shall-lead-them/

Which is nothing against your post, just about the verse used.

Last edited:

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012

"And the wolf shall feed with the lamb, and the leopard shall lie down with the kid; and the young calf and bull and lion shall feed together; and a little child shall lead them."
Is 11:6

I think that the context is about something else than a child leading people.
https://theologicallyspeaking.com/2010/08/26/please-stop-saying-and-a-little-child-shall-lead-them/

Which is nothing against your post, just about the verse used.
I was referring to the same quote, but, in the New Testament where Jesus quoted it didn't He?
I will look it up--

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012

This is the verse that I was thinking of, that Jesus said:

"I tell you the truth, anyone who doesn't receive the Kingdom of God like a child will never enter it." (Mark 10:15--NLT)

Don't you see how both of these verses apply to the story? If the true story about the little girl finding God's joy in a field of flowers, and the unrelated picture as well, doesn't define both of these scriptures, I don't know what does--
Isn't this a dramatic way of a child leading through example about the true meaning of religion?

The wolf grazing with the lamb, the leopard and the young goat, the cows and lions grazing together, this also seems to describe the innocent child-like faith of a child that is not corrupted by religion-- also the scripture: "Consider the lilies of the field," which are shaped like trumpets to symbolize the resurrection, and in this particular picture, is wearing a white baptismal type dress-- baptized by flowers-- come on, lose the "religious" attitude--
Listen to what she is saying...
Take a break from religion--
I think I see your point though. The verse is referring, I think, to a heavenly realm where a child could lead a lion like a pet, maybe. But, Jesus Himself was saying in the other verse that children can lead adults through simple examples like in this story. Just ask parents that have raised children. I've heard stories about things that children say that can melt any hearts of stone. Remember when the LORD was entering Jerusalem on Palm Sunday, the children were confirming that Jesus is the Messiah, and the Pharisees told him to silence them. He also quoted the Old Testament where it confirms that children will proclaim the greatest truths of Heaven, and praises to the LORD! "praise has been perfected through young children and infants"

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017

All we have to do is love God, who created all the beauty in the world, love life, and love all the nice people in the world, and just try to avoid all the mean people.

The idea that man can love God in and of himself is a lie, we can only love God because of what I John 4:19 says, “We love Him because He first loved us.”

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013

Wonderful heartfelt post with a true focus on sincerity in love. This is what we are called to without a doubt, but I think emphasis needs to be put on following the Instructions/Laws of YHWH (Creator of all the is) over any man made tradition, for this is the love of YHWH:

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 John 5:2-3, "By [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]this[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] we know that we love the children of Yah, when [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]we love Yah and guard His commands[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]. For t[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]his is the love for Yah, that we guard His commands[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif], and His commands are not heavy."
[/FONT]
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Acts 5:29, "And Kĕpha and the other emissaries answering, said, “We have to obey YHWH rather than men.” [/FONT]

Human love an YHWH's love are very different things, I think it key to put a true focus on Yahshua/Jesus that He may work through us rather than our own wills and desires be put first. Easier said than done but of upmost importance if we are to walk in the manner He walked, in true agape love.
[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]
John/Yahanan 14:26, “But the Comforter; the Holy Spirit which YHWH will send in My Name will teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever
[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I ([/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Yahshua/Jesus[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]) have said to you[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif].” [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Matthew 28:19-20, “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]observe all that I have commanded you[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]John/Yahanan 6:63, "It is the Spirit that gives life; the flesh is useless. [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]The words ([/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Instructions[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]) that I ([/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Yahshua/Jesus[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]) speak[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] to you, they are Spirit, and they are life everlasting." [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]John/Yahanan 17:17-24, “Set them apart in Your truth – Your Word is truth. As You sent Me into the world, I also sent them into the world. And for them I set Myself apart, so that they too might be set apart in truth."That they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, so that the world may believe that You have sent Me. And the glory which You gave Me, I have given them; [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]that they may be in unity, just as We are in unity. I in them, and You in Me--so that they may be made perfect in unity[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]; and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them, as You have loved Me. Father, it is My will that they, whom You gave Me, also be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world." [/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Isaiah 28:16, “Therefore thus said the Master [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif], “See, I am laying in Tsiyon a stone for a foundation, a tried stone, a precious corner-stone, a settled foundation. He who [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]trusts[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif] shall not hasten away.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]1 Samuel 12:24, “Only fear [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה[/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif], and you shall serve Him in truth with all your heart, for consider what marvels He has done for you."

We were created and changed that we may be a servant unto Him and unto other humans, may we all, myself included keep this in mind.

again thank you for the awesome post praiseYah for His people and for His perfection in what is right!
[/FONT]

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012

The idea that man can love God in and of himself is a lie, we can only love God because of what I John 4:19 says, “We love Him because He first loved us.”
Dude, I was trying to write to an age group of probably under 10 years old-- already, a religious argument is started. All love has it's source in God as John said, "Dear friends, let us continue to love one another, for love comes from God. Anyone who loves is born of God and knows God. But anyone who does not love does not know God--for God is love." (1 John 4:7).

Those who had turned religion into an idol, which blasphemes God, and denies the love of God which is the whole purpose of being restored to a right relationship with God in Heaven--knowing God's love and sharing it in a spirit of community-- Jesus and John the Baptist referred to the Pharisees and religious leaders of the day as a "brood of vipers."

All I was saying was that a little girl showed adults the true meaning of religion who were blinded by the "spirit of religion," and who did not truly know God, even though they were drowning in religion. Did Jesus say the Lilies can save you? He said to consider what they have to teach about simple, childlike faith, and depending on God, like a child depends on a parent, before they are able to understand the message of the Gospel as it relates to theology.

Consider this: A Lily, my religious friends, and family, some of whom I have been arguing religion with for decades--
A Lily is God's perfect theology;
A Lily can not lie;
Love can not lie;
But, religion can lie.
And those who wrongly teach it.

The children who were leading the procession as Jesus entered Jerusalem, proclaiming that He is the Messiah,
were directly inspired by the Holy Spirit, and their faith was confirmed by Christ in person.
The Pharisees with the hearts of stone, could not see God right in front of them.
I'm going to stand on the confirmation of Jesus and John, that a little girl in a field of flowers, expressing her love for God and life and nature--was directly inspired by the Holy Spirit, without even knowing a word of the Gospel.
Like the children proclaiming that Jesus is the Messiah, while the teachers of religion were blinded.
But, you are right in saying that only those who God reveals His love to, can love God.
I believe that God directly revealed His love to the child in the story, and allowed her to express her love for God through the inspiration of the moment, and divine revelation and inspiration meant to reach out to those who were not able to see through religious theology, what had been directly revealed to a child, in order to teach them and lead them, as well as the child herself to Heaven's true love and grace, as well as those who might read this story, about the dangers, and abuses of religion, and those who use it to control and manipulate innocent people.

I hope we can at least agree on that--

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013

In the Bible, when Jesus was baptized in the Jordan river by his Cousin and friend, John the Baptist, which means telling God that you are thankful for your life and want to share the joy of life with other people, especially the joy that life can go on forever in Heaven when we know and follow Jesus of Nazareth, who lived in Israel 2,000 years ago--God spoke out of the clouds over the river and said that He was very pleased with Jesus His Son, who was going to teach the world about God's love, kindness, and Mercy.
May we all self reflect that we may conform to be the person Yah wants us to be, day by day, year by year, may we come to know Him and let Him work in us to become more and more what He wants us to be.

Psalm 116:5, "יהוה shows mercy and is righteous; And our Mighty One is compassionate."

Psalms 136:1-4, "Give thanks to יהוה, for He is good! For His loving-commitment is everlasting. Give thanks to the Strength of mighty ones! For His loving-commitment is everlasting. Give thanks to the Master of masters! For His loving-commitment is everlasting: To Him who alone does great wonders, For His loving-commitment is everlasting;"

1 John/Yahanan 1:5-7, “And this is the message which we have heard from Him and announce to you, that YHWH is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and are not doing the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of יהושע Messiah His Son cleanses us from all sin.”

John 8:12, “Therefore יהושע spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall by no means walk in darkness, but possess the light of life.”

John 13:35, “By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Last edited:

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012

May we all self reflect that we may conform to be the person Yah wants us to be, day by day, year by year, may we come to know Him and let Him work in us to become more and more what He wants us to be.

Psalm 116:5, "יהוה shows mercy and is righteous; And our Mighty One is compassionate."

Psalms 136:1-4, "Give thanks to יהוה, for He is good! For His loving-commitment is everlasting. Give thanks to the Strength of mighty ones! For His loving-commitment is everlasting. Give thanks to the Master of masters! For His loving-commitment is everlasting: To Him who alone does great wonders, For His loving-commitment is everlasting;"

1 John/Yahanan 1:5-7, “And this is the message which we have heard from Him and announce to you, that YHWH is light and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and are not doing the truth. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of יהושע Messiah His Son cleanses us from all sin.”

John 8:12, “Therefore יהושע spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall by no means walk in darkness, but possess the light of life.”

John 13:35, “By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Very, very powerful prayer and scriptures-- and the original texts and language symbols. May God bless you for joining the Judaic scriptures and Christian scriptures in such a powerful way, and an amazing confirmation of the power of God's love.
Tearful thanks...

Hizikyah

Aug 25, 2013

Very, very powerful prayer and scriptures-- and the original texts and language symbols. May God bless you for joining the Judaic scriptures and Christian scriptures in such a powerful way, and an amazing confirmation of the power of God's love.
Tearful thanks...

Sincerely thank you and a supreme thanks to Yah for this wonderful thread, your words really touched me,, it felt like a message of restoration, I don't know how to explain it. I can see Yah in you, be well brother.

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Psalms 133:1-3, “See how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity. Like the precious oil on the head, Running down on the beard, The beard of Aharon, Running down on the collar of his robes. Like the dew of Ḥermon, That comes down on the mountains of Tsiyon. For there [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman, serif]יהוה [FONT=Times New Roman, serif]commanded the blessing, Life forever!”[/FONT][/FONT]

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012

Sincerely thank you and a supreme thanks to Yah for this wonderful thread, your words really touched me,, it felt like a message of restoration, I don't know how to explain it. I can see Yah in you, be well brother.

Psalms 133:1-3, “See how good and how pleasant it is for brothers to dwell together in unity. Like the precious oil on the head, Running down on the beard, The beard of Aharon, Running down on the collar of his robes. Like the dew of Ḥermon, That comes down on the mountains of Tsiyon. For there יהוה commanded the blessing, Life forever!
With you on that--
Same with you-- your words and scriptures have reached me also...
and the tears of remembering a troubled family so many years ago, and still troubled to this day---
We Christians are a troubled family in many ways too.

I wanted to include this song for all the folks that wanted even a higher love--
just found this tonight on the internet--
these young people-- they are defining the scriptures that point to them leading the way sometimes in a troubled world...

https://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=WGLZLGNX

I'm going to offer her a bit of elder feedback--
I don't think she realizes how sacred that moment is...
When she does, I hope she adds a moment of quiet reverence--

I guess different than the much younger child's simple joy--

And I meant to say, that if you take your name from King Hezekiah in the Judaic Bible, he is a Jewish king that I admire very much--
As I'm sure you know, he was raised by a devout mother, and I think Isaiah was a prophet there at the same time?
Hezekiah's faith was amazing!
In the book of King's--

Last edited:

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012

I just found out, that the beautiful video I just found tonight of the young singer singing "In Christ Alone," the most beautiful version I have ever heard, is no longer living.
She is singing it from Heaven with the Angels--
"No greater love, can anyone have than to lose their (earthly) life for their friends--" for the LORD... (paraphrase of Jesus)
She must have saved thousands of young people--

And now, she found her way to this page--
Apparently, someone approves of what is being said here...

--In memory of Christina Grimmie...

I loved your beautiful song, little sister--
--Herald

"IN CHRIST ALONE"
https://www.godtube.com/watch/?v=WGLZLGNX
Christina Grimmie

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012

Here is a more formal version of this song, "IN CHRIST ALONE," sung by Christina Grimmie 5 years ago:

"IN CHRIST ALONE"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0PonGNP3wA

“In Christ alone my hope is found;
He is my light, my strength, my song;
This cornerstone, this solid ground,
Firm through the fiercest drought and storm.
What heights of love, what depths of peace,
When fears are stilled, when strivings cease!
My comforter, my all in all—
Here in the love of Christ I stand.

In Christ alone, Who took on flesh,
Fullness of God in helpless babe!
This gift of love and righteousness,
Scorned by the ones He came to save.
Till on that cross as Jesus died,
The wrath of God was satisfied;
For ev’ry sin on Him was laid—
Here in the death of Christ I live.

There in the ground His body lay,
Light of the world by darkness slain;
Then bursting forth in glorious day,
Up from the grave He rose again!
And as He stands in victory,
Sin’s curse has lost its grip on me;
For I am His and He is mine—
Bought with the precious blood of Christ.

No guilt in life, no fear in death—
This is the pow’r of Christ in me;
From life’s first cry to final breath,
Jesus commands my destiny.
No pow’r of hell, no scheme of man,
Can ever pluck me from His hand;
Till He returns or calls me home—
Here in the pow’r of Christ I’ll stand.”
— IN CHRIST ALONE" WORDS AND MUSIC BY KEITH GETTY & STUART TOWNEND COPYRIGHT © 2002 THANKYOU MUSIC(PRS) ADM WORLDWIDE AT CAPITOLCMGPUBLISHING.COM EXCLUSING EUROPE WHICH IS ADM BY INTEGRITYMUSIC.COM

HeraldtheNews

Apr 26, 2012

An amazing conversation happened the other night between myself and one of those related to the original story of the young girl celebrating life in a field of flowers.
We were replacing some plumbing fixtures in some emergency home-improvement projects, and as I cleaned up and sanitized the work area, (which was pretty gnarly) I said,

"penance for my sins..." (Not meaning it literally).
The person, a Christian brother who was overcome by religion those many years ago, and at times still struggles with it said,
"You can never do enough penance for your sins--
we have to trust the LORD."

I believe that the child's victory celebration in the field, was expressing what God already knew--
that we would get there 30 years later...

Last edited: