The children of the kingdom shall be cast out

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Larry_Stotle

(Mat 8:11 KJV) And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

(Mat 8:12 KJV) But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Who were the children of the kingdom?

When did children of the kingdom get cast out?

prove-all

May 16, 2014
there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
50 The lord of that servant shall come in a day when he looketh not for him, and in an hour that he is not aware of, 51 And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
ever where i look is future time
i believe they will be cast out at the great white throne judgement

Timeline

Mar 20, 2014
(Mat 8:11 KJV) And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

(Mat 8:12 KJV) But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

It has always struck me that the bible says in Acts 7:54 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the quick, and they began gnashing their teeth at him.

Not really suggesting, just an observation.

K

Kerry

Many shall come from the East and West speaks of gentiles. The children of the kingdom are Israelite's. Hope this helps.

May 2, 2014

The Children of the Kingdom were the Israelites, particularly the leadership. They were kicked out in AD. 70 when Jerusalem was destroyed.

Oct 31, 2011
This is one of the first NT prophecies about the gospels being taken to the gentiles. The many who will come from the east and west were the gentiles who will sit with those who are the children of God, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

But the chosen ones, the children of the kingdom, the Jews who are rejecting Christ will be cast out into outer darkness.

It is the rejection of Christ that brings about the casting out. The destruction of the physical temple was done because of Christ as the high priest so it was not needed any more. In fact, the ark that signified the presence of God in the Holy of Holies was lost with the destruction of the first temple, and never was in the second temple that was destroyed in 72.

K

Kerry

This is one of the first NT prophecies about the gospels being taken to the gentiles. The many who will come from the east and west were the gentiles who will sit with those who are the children of God, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob in the kingdom of heaven.

But the chosen ones, the children of the kingdom, the Jews who are rejecting Christ will be cast out into outer darkness.

It is the rejection of Christ that brings about the casting out. The destruction of the physical temple was done because of Christ as the high priest so it was not needed any more. In fact, the ark that signified the presence of God in the Holy of Holies was lost with the destruction of the first temple, and never was in the second temple that was destroyed in 72.

Have you not considered that your own works are a rejection of Christ?

Timeline

Mar 20, 2014

Jeremiah 3:15-18
[SUP]15 [/SUP]“Then I will give you shepherds after My own heart, who will feed you on knowledge and understanding. [SUP]16 [/SUP]It shall be in those days when you are multiplied and increased in the land,” declares the Lord, “they will no longer say, ‘The ark of the covenant of the Lord.’ And it will not come to mind, nor will they remember it, nor will they miss it, nor will it be made again. [SUP]17 [/SUP]At that time they will call Jerusalem ‘The Throne of the Lord,’ and all the nations will be gathered to it, to Jerusalem, for the name of the Lord; nor will they walk anymore after the stubbornness of their evil heart. [SUP]18 [/SUP]In those days the house of Judah will walk with the house of Israel, and they will come together from the land of the north to the land that I gave your fathers as an inheritance.

Nick01

Jul 15, 2013
Many shall come from the East and West speaks of BELIEVING gentiles. The children of the kingdom are UNBELIEVING Israelite's. Hope this helps.
The bits in bold are my changes, but the basic point is correct. Jesus is making a point about the level of unbelief he finds amongst the Jews, but the simple faith he finds among Gentiles (from a Roman centurion, no less!)

konroh

Sep 17, 2013
Remember it's a parable. After jesus encounters great faith from a centurion in Capernaum, faith that Jesus can easily speak miracles with authority. Jesus proclaims that the "sons of the kingdom" those who should be full inheritors of the promises, the Jewish people, will be cast into outer darkness. If you follow the use of the term outer darkness you see it was used for those not invited to a great feast. Instead they are away from the light, outside the house. They are not full participants in the celebration. This does not have to refer to hell, in fact I believe it does not, I believe it refers to failure to gain full reward. Lack of participation in the Marriage Supper of the Lamb.

Many Jewish people who should be first in the kingdom will instead due to their smaller faith be more lessly rewarded or even unrewarded in the kingdom.