The cross

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Ive been reading about the crusafixion in Luke reciently. Luke is so matter of fact, he must have been an interesting person.
On the crusafixion, we all know that Jesus took our sins apon himself for us. Also all our sufferings. But last night while reading I was thinking about the hate that we all face in the world. As I read I saw that Jesus not only suffered our sins but he suffered all the hate of the world. Its amazing that I had missed this before, but I didnt realize . He suffered the abandonement of his friends, and every hate of the world was thrown at him.
Again in his word he reviels his great love and sacrifice for us. The next time someone says something cruel or hatefull, I will know that Jesus already suffered it not only for me but for the one that was cruel. How can we not forgive? Knowing all that Jesus already did for us.
It would be to deny all that he gave.
What do you see in this?
God bless, pickles

G

greatkraw

He was wounded for my transgressions. he was bruised for my iniquity. By his stripes I am healed.

S

suaso

I always feel a little more at ease when the room I am in has a crucifix to gaze upon...

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
The next question that has come into my sight is how Jesus said : come to me all who are weary, take up my cross, my burden is light.: I know that it is not word for word but we all know this scripture. I have often wondered what is his cross? I always thought it was the knowladge that there will be those that refused his love. But last night, I saw it was that Jesus is asking us to forgive the world. That is what Jesus did, he forgave all because they know not what they do. Maby Im not saying it all very well, but what I see is that is what we can do through Jesus. Through his grace and sacrifice we can forgive the world. I just know there is something in this that is his message. When reading corrinthians I see this message also.
So , is this part of the message of the cross? Or am I just over reading it?
God bless, pickles

C

Cup-of-Ruin

Ive been reading about the crusafixion in Luke reciently. Luke is so matter of fact, he must have been an interesting person.
On the crusafixion, we all know that Jesus took our sins apon himself for us. Also all our sufferings. But last night while reading I was thinking about the hate that we all face in the world. As I read I saw that Jesus not only suffered our sins but he suffered all the hate of the world. Its amazing that I had missed this before, but I didnt realize . He suffered the abandonement of his friends, and every hate of the world was thrown at him.
Again in his word he reviels his great love and sacrifice for us. The next time someone says something cruel or hatefull, I will know that Jesus already suffered it not only for me but for the one that was cruel. How can we not forgive? Knowing all that Jesus already did for us.
It would be to deny all that he gave.
What do you see in this?
God bless, pickles
He was even forsaken by the Father, and yet "Father into Thy hands I commend My spirit."

Also 'Pickles' you are quite right about Luke and he is regarded as one of the greatest historians of all time. For those who have seen the 'Passion of the Christ' in regards to Roman crucifixtion I believe it would have been much worse than what was depicted even in that film.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
He was even forsaken by the Father, and yet "Father into Thy hands I commend My spirit."

Also 'Pickles' you are quite right about Luke and he is regarded as one of the greatest historians of all time. For those who have seen the 'Passion of the Christ' in regards to Roman crucifixtion I believe it would have been much worse than what was depicted even in that film.
Its funny, although I bought and have the movie, I have yet to watch it. Im so afraid Ill start to cry and never stop. And I rarely cry.
God bless, pickles

C

Cup-of-Ruin

Its funny, although I bought and have the movie, I have yet to watch it. Im so afraid Ill start to cry and never stop. And I rarely cry.
God bless, pickles
You will cry your eyes out 'Pickles', probably better you don't watch it, its gruesome, there not much to it, just a fairly long, graphic account of the torture and crucifixion, but He rises in the end of course, conquers death.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
You will cry your eyes out 'Pickles', probably better you don't watch it, its gruesome, there not much to it, just a fairly long, graphic account of the torture and crucifixion, but He rises in the end of course, conquers death.
Im sure your right. A close friend of mine is related to one of the producers. There are alot of interesting stories about the production of this movie. Some said they felt that there were many miricals and things that tried to destroy this movie.
I just know that I wiil watch it one day, but not yet.
God bless, pickles

G

greatkraw

Cup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You spoiled the surprise ending.

Jan 8, 2009
It wouldn't have been much worse than in the film, the film was about gratuitous violence and it turned the crucifixion into a horror story. For example the bible said he wore a crown of thorns but no where says it was plunged into his skull to cause the blood to run down his face and things like this. They wouldn't have wanted to scourge him to death because as customary in Roman crucifixion the criminal still had to carry their cross to the crucifixion site.

C

Cup-of-Ruin

Actually I think the crucifixion would have been more violent and horrific than what is portrayed in 'Passion of the Christ', after scourging there would not be much skin left on the body, veins and cartiledge, ligaments would be exposed, flesh just hanging off the bones. You would be shocked to see just how much punishment a body can take and not die, to be disfigured so unrecognizable, not even looking human, but still alive.

S

suaso

I'm pretty sure the violence done to Christ in the movie was more accurate than not, but most importantly, I believed it was drawn out to illustrate the suffering and sin that he took on because of us.

Jan 8, 2009
Actually I think the crucifixion would have been more violent and horrific than what is portrayed in 'Passion of the Christ', after scourging there would not be much skin left on the body, veins and cartiledge, ligaments would be exposed, flesh just hanging off the bones. You would be shocked to see just how much punishment a body can take and not die, to be disfigured so unrecognizable, not even looking human, but still alive.
I don't know, I saw on TV once some doctors saying that what was portrayed in the film - the person would have died, let alone be able to carry a cross even part way. It was very much exaggerated in the film I believe.

C

Cup-of-Ruin

I don't know, I saw on TV once some doctors saying that what was portrayed in the film - the person would have died, let alone be able to carry a cross even part way. It was very much exaggerated in the film I believe.
You shouldn't watch T.V.

May 21, 2009
Hi Pickles
Jesus is still suffering all the hate of people to this day.
There was a time that every time I opened my bible to study the Lord took me to the time when he was going to the cross.
The people were spitting at him. Callling him every ugly name they could. Throwing rocks and beating on him.
God had me standing there to see that, that is just what people are doing to him today.
Every time something good happens and glory isn't given to God. It is cutting God.
People are hanging Jesus back on the cross over and over again.