The Deceitful and Wicked Heart

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
J

J-Kay-2

Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked : who can know it? 10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Have you examined your heart ? Do you feel it is possible for deceit
to be in you? In Jeremiah, we are told our heart is deceitful and desperately
wicked, asking who can know it ?

Looking at vs. 10 ~ The Lord searches our heart. Look what He does after
He does. He gives us according to our ways and the fruit of our doing.

Should we not be searching ? How do you search your heart ? Where would
you start? How does it make you feel to know GOD really sees what is in you ?

Let us examine ourselves.

F

FlowerMubai

Great post.

C

CCmarie05

I would say in the past I've definitely had a wicked heart. Even now I struggle to bite my tongue when I want to lash out at someone (in particular my daughter's dad) but I constantly ask God to help me keep myself from saying things that I will regret and that he would not approve of.

Toska

Nov 16, 2013
Beautiful post, J-Kay-2. I have become so much more aware of how I act and treat people. I pray every day about what you just posted, about searching my heart. I ask the Lord to search my heart and guide me in the right direction if there is anything other than love for Him.

May 3, 2013
Jeremiah 17:9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked : who can know it? 10 I the LORD search the heart, I try the reins, even to give every man according to his ways, and according to the fruit of his doings.

Have you examined your heart ? Do you feel it is possible for deceit
to be in you? In Jeremiah, we are told our heart is deceitful and desperately
wicked, asking who can know it ?

Looking at vs. 10 ~ The Lord searches our heart. Look what He does after
He does. He gives us according to our ways and the fruit of our doing.

Should we not be searching ? How do you search your heart ? Where would
you start? How does it make you feel to know GOD really sees what is in you ?

Let us examine ourselves.
The red part implies HIS REWARD and also HIS corrections, HIS punisments.

LovePink

Deactivated upon user request
Dec 13, 2013
The heart, runs deep. A quote I love, "The deepest roots in life reside in our own hearts."

There are many things about the heart of a person. The bible does tell us there is a place of integrity. There are a few verses I love about the heart, especially about sharing in the secret places with God. I have realized all my dreams in God with Christ. One day, summer before last, I saw myself in God through Christ from eternity before creation, just as Scripture testifies.

I like this verse;

" Even a child is known by his doings, whether his work be pure, and whether it be right."

This is good, too;

"For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God." (one of my fave chps in the bible)

Yes, examine ourselves before God, in the light of Christ... His meekness and compassion allows us to be honest in that place of integrity with the deep things of our wickedness. If the Son shall therefore make you free, ye shall be free indeed. The love of God is beautiful, "He did not come to judge the world, but to save the world." Free-will is an amazing gift God gives and to use this to receive the free gift of Christ's righteousness, because of the gift of grace freely given, wow, the things that await those who love God! God is excited & so am I

... oh, I am rambling, what was this thread about, oh yeah the heart, go deep- get high. There is a part of a song I just love (I love words);

"I want to be high, so high
I want to be free to know the things I do are right
I want to be free, just me"

I thank God for free-will, I thank God for letting me be me- and I am thankful He knew just how to handle my frailty as I struggled through it all, life, religion, doubt, despair, sin, wickedness, self destructiveness, idolatry. I know we suffer together. God is good, let freedom ring.

" What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops."

J

J-Kay-2

When I was writing another post, out of the blue came that scripture.
I knew it did not fit what I was writing. Then I went on a search and I
knew God was speaking to me and it shows how we can say things not
realizing at the time if it comes from a wicked heart.

Today, it is one day later and I had an incident where someone I love
( family member ) had to put me in my place. I was hurt and stunned,
but did not react to it. Gave it a lot of thought and knew God spoke
through her to me. I also knew scripture said, " a friend will tell us t
the truth, an enemy will flatter."

It is a matter of not forgetting what we see in our heart, after it shown
to us. The Word says "we can see ourselves in the mirror, but when we
walk away we forget what we saw." Reading the Word is exactly like
that. We see ourselves, then walk away forgetting to be obedient.
May I remember to know I have a heart that can be wicked if I don't
follow the way of the Lord.

As noted in 'secularhermit'' comment, the Father often has to chastise
us according to what we do if it is not Godly. ~ J~K~2