The End is Near for Dispensationalism - it's cracking apart..

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Sep 14, 2017
Willie,

I think the proper view of the opposition is NOT that the path to Jesus is "arduous", but rather, "few find it" because they simply don't want it.

Hope you had a good dinner.

Mine was something healthy that tasted like dirt... I'm not a good cook, lol.
Whatzamatta, having trouble keeping an eye on it? Maybe between having one eye and A.D.D. you can't focus on your cooking :p:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2015
OK, you got me there. It's amazing you have such accuracy with Bible history, yet don't seem to know some NT basics.:confused:
Oh, I knew a whole bunch of NT basics real well (12 years of CoC Bible College, remember),,,, as I was taught they were. Until, I finally began to read the Bible without automatically seeing the words against that structured background. It wasn't easy. It took me almost a full year to have it come naturally that I might not already know everything as it actually was written, and NOT merely as I was told it was written.

Last edited:

7seasrekeyed

OK, you got me there. It's amazing you have such accuracy with Bible history, yet don't seem to know some NT basics.:confused:
actually, maybe not

Abraham is not Adam

Sep 14, 2017
Oh, I knew a whole bunch of NT basics real well (12 years of CoC Bible College, remember),,,, as I was taught they were. Until, I finally began to read the Bible without automatically seeing the words against that structured background. It wasn't easy. It took me almost a full year to have it come naturally that I might not already know everything as it actually was written, and NOT merely as I was told it was written.
So, what are you then, D.O.D., PHD? Should I call you Doctor Willy?

Feb 7, 2015
So, what are you then, D.O.D., PHD? Should I call you Doctor Willy?
I wound up with some wallpaper, but I am just Willie. In fact, the only diplomas I display these days are for Civil Architecture and my GC license. Got a handful of Psych Certificates (no degrees there) but I hardly ever even admit to having them.

Bladerunner

Aug 22, 2016
Yes

according to prophesy (literal) he will bring people from every nation to christ. He said it will happen, and it will. (The gospel will be spread to ALL nations"
What prophecy are you talking about.... He has already brought Jesus Christ to all nations. This has been done for some time now. If you do not believe, read Colossians 1:23

Feb 7, 2015
Yes

according to prophesy (literal) he will bring people from every nation to christ. He said it will happen, and it will. (The gospel will be spread to ALL nations"
Wasn't that mentioned as already having been done in Col. 1:23 (and also a couple of places in Romans)? Just more of my crazy idea that Revelation was actually written to them, about their time, not us.

Waggles

Sep 21, 2017
South
adelaiderevival.com
"The theological debate over dispensationalism may threaten DTS' pre-eminent position in the field, but the popularity of the idea of the Rapture and the ensuing Tribulation period continues to grow."

Just goes to show how many people can be all wrong at the same time.
There ain't going to be any rapture before the return of Jesus in power and glory
with the angels.
The only rapture happening is when those Christians deemed by God to be his church (bride)
are raised up and transformed in a twinkling of an eye to be with our Lord (bridegroom) at the
Marriage Feast.
Until then we all gonna go through the violence and turmoil of catasrophes and nuclear war
just as the scriptures tell us so.
Those who endure to the end will save their souls.
Those who quit and throw in the towel will forfeit their inheritance.

So will praise and worship music or WOF mega churches give you the
grounding and steadfastness required to endure?

Bladerunner

Aug 22, 2016
"The theological debate over dispensationalism may threaten DTS' pre-eminent position in the field, but the popularity of the idea of the Rapture and the ensuing Tribulation period continues to grow."

Just goes to show how many people can be all wrong at the same time.
There ain't going to be any rapture before the return of Jesus in power and glory
with the angels.
The only rapture happening is when those Christians deemed by God to be his church (bride)
are raised up and transformed in a twinkling of an eye to be with our Lord (bridegroom) at the
Marriage Feast.
Until then we all gonna go through the violence and turmoil of catasrophes and nuclear war
just as the scriptures tell us so.
Those who endure to the end will save their souls.
Those who quit and throw in the towel will forfeit their inheritance.

So will praise and worship music or WOF mega churches give you the
grounding and steadfastness required to endure?
I take it you are a post rapture kind of person.....

Dec 28, 2016
Do you not believe that Satan rules most of the world, and that it will only get worse, no matter what Christians do, and that Satan would completely conquer even believers if Jesus doesn't come back to pull Christians out?
According to many dispensationialsists, the Christ is not ruling now, Satan is.

Bladerunner

Aug 22, 2016
Wasn't that mentioned as already having been done in Col. 1:23 (and also a couple of places in Romans)? Just more of my crazy idea that Revelation was actually written to them, about their time, not us.
Willie-T.... I think Revelation was written to all times. In its 404 verses there are over 800 allusions to every book in the Bible (except maybe one). Unlike what you were taught in the CoC, if you read it from a literal Hermenuetics, it will tell you what you are still seeking... That is evident.

Dec 28, 2016
Well, Yes Satan is the Prince of this world. Only when the 2nd Advent happens will that change.

Jesus is ruling now, and He has allowed Satan to blind the world, those who do not believe. That is the context of 2 Cor. 4:4.

Johnny_B

Mar 18, 2017
A new form of dispensationalism, "progressive dispensationalism" is causing angst among the old die hard school of "thought":

.......over the last 20 years a group of DTS dissidents led by Blaising and Darrell Bock have developed a variation of the system that they call progressive dispensationalism. Progressives argue that, in spite of the Rapture, Christians still have a stake in earth's future. "I think what you're seeing in the recent dispensationalism is a more reflective kind of engagement," says Bock, a DTS professor, "even a more nuanced kind of engagement with current culture in which it isn't all necessarily seen as bad, even though there is a lot to criticize."

To an outsider, the theological differences between traditional and progressive dispensationalism may seem trivial, but the subtle repositioning of the progressives, including Kreider, Bock and Blaising, means that they are now in a crossfire, as disgruntled die-hards on the right add their voices to the clamor from the left. "I think that these guys are not real dispensationalists," says conservative theologian Tommy Ice.

Ice is director of a dispensationalist think tank called the Pre-Trib Research Center, which recently relocated from Arlington to Falwell's Liberty University in Virginia. "They think they're making changes within the system, and I think they've changed the system."
The theological debate over dispensationalism may threaten DTS' pre-eminent position in the field, but the popularity of the idea of the Rapture and the ensuing Tribulation period continues to grow.

Sales of the Left Behind novels have exceeded $650 million since the first book appeared in 1996, and the series' success has inspired a raft of imitators, all part of a Christian merchandise industry that grew to $4.34 billion in 2004. What's harder to measure is the effect that the growing popularity of Dallas' brand of the Apocalypse may have on religion, popular culture and even world politics.

Full artickle:

The End Is Near | Dallas Observer

All theological systems have flaws. The part that is sad is that the Left Behind ​novels is what is used as how people view thier theology, did they forget they are novels not books on theology. I remember when everyone was reading them and some of the things they would say, I would have to remind them that they are novels not theology books.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
To use the Left Behind series as a model for Dispensational teaching is misguided, dishonest and is a classical strawman.
The marks of Dispensational thought is a literal approach to Scripture and marking a distinction between Israel and the Church.
It has very little to do with the sensationalism of Huey helicopters coming out of a bottomless pit lol.

Nehemiah6

Jul 18, 2017
Jesus is ruling now, and He has allowed Satan to blind the world, those who do not believe. That is the context of 2 Cor. 4:4.
When the Lord Jesus Christ literally rules this earth, Satan is BOUND and unable to do anything to anyone on earth. But at the moment Satan is free to be the "god" of this world, and a time will come (shortly) when Satan and the Antichrist will have TOTAL CONTROL of all the nations on earth and all humanity. It is all there is the Bible.

Ahwatukee

Mar 12, 2015
So much for ruling with a rod of iron!

Anyone who thinks that Jesus is currently ruling doesn't understand that the Lord's reign will be literally on this earth and from the throne of king David. Not only that, but His reign doesn't begin until after the seals, trumpets and bowl judgments (wrath of God) have taken place.

When the Lord rules, He will be in complete control. The nations will have been dismantled, Satan and his angels will be in the Abyss. And all of those who will have rejected Christ and worshiped the beast, his image and received his mark, will be killed when the Lord returns, with their spirits going into Hades. The knowledge of the Lord and obedience to Him will be world-wide.

The Lord's reign during the literal thousand years is seen below in the scriptures that describe that period:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them.

The cow will feed with the bear, their young will lie down together, and the lion will eat straw like the ox.

The infant will play near the cobra’s den, and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest. They will neither harm nor destroy on all my holy mountain, for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of the Lord a
s the waters cover the sea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All of the above are characteristics that will exist during the thousand year reign of Christ and not one of those currently exists on planet earth.

E

eternally-gratefull

What prophecy are you talking about.... He has already brought Jesus Christ to all nations. This has been done for some time now. If you do not believe, read Colossians 1:23
Actually no it has not. There are a few more to go.