The Gospel Demands Radical Sacrifice - David Platt

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

tourist

Mar 13, 2014
Tennessee
when you ask: how can you be generous when you have nothing to be generous with? I think of the woman who had nothing to give but her last few coins. Men might ask how she has done anything generous when she h ad nothing to give. But God does not see as men see. She gave all she had.
Exactly, everything is relative.

Nov 12, 2015
Death to the world and death to all that constitutes your life in that world.

P

pottersclay

Pick up your cross and follow me.......how profound.

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018
1 Peter 2:16, “as free, yet not using your freedom as a cloak for evil, but as servants of the Mighty One.”

servants” is word #G1401 δοῦλος doulos (d̮ou'-los) n.
1. (involuntarily) a slave.
2. (of necessity) a bond-servant.
3. (figuratively) a voluntary, fully devoted servant.
{literal or figurative, involuntary or voluntary; frequently, therefore in a qualified sense of subjection or subserviency}
[from G1210]
KJV: bond(-man), servant
Root(s): G1210

Matthew 25:14-30,

14 for it is like a man going from home, who called his own servants and delivered his possessions to them.".......

Nov 12, 2015
I'm not going to have a ridiculous conversation with you, but yes, He brings me situations and circumstances where I am in a constant state of death to my pride of life, my possesions, my rights to ownership, my right to defend myself, and all that the world says I am entitled to. I go kicking and screaming but He always wins for me in the end, thank God. If you know nothing about this then you just dont. But I can't get bogged down in a conversation about how I am wrong and that I don't have to pick up my cross and give up my life. It isn't the way to say I don't have to give up anything. The way is as I have described. I give up my life. Yes, I die daily. If anyone doesnt, they aren't on the way. Millions want the life He offers but don't want to die and accept these humilia tions from His hand. So they will argue that they are on the way and that they don't have to give up their life to find it.

U

UnderGrace

I'm not going to have a ridiculous conversation with you, but yes, He brings me situations and circumstances where I am in a constant state of death to my pride of life, my possesions, my rights to ownership, my right to defend myself, and all that the world says I am entitled to. I go kicking and screaming but He always wins for me in the end, thank God. If you know nothing about this then you just dont. But I can't get bogged down in a conversation about how I am wrong and that I don't have to pick up my cross and give up my life. It isn't the way to say I don't have to give up anything. The way is as I have described. I give up my life. Yes, I die daily. If anyone doesnt, they aren't on the way. Millions want the life He offers but don't want to die and accept these humilia tions from His hand. So they will argue that they are on the way and that they don't have to give up their life to find it.
I was thinking it was actually a fruitful conversation, oh well.

Nov 12, 2015
I thought you were wanting to argue. And I'm in a dark and confused place just recently. Sorry.

Lillywolf

Aug 29, 2018
I trust DP believes his heart to be in the right place. Years back he talked about the pagan ideology surrounding the teaching phrase, accepting Jesus into you heart. I found it again at YT.

I think each one of us can feel if we're to be led by a pastor. Or not.

U

UnderGrace

I trust DP believes his heart to be in the right place. Years back he talked about the pagan ideology surrounding the teaching phrase, accepting Jesus into you heart. I found it again at YT.

I think each one of us can feel if we're to be led by a pastor. Or not.
Not really liking this little message, but thanks for sharing. :)

Limey410v2

Jul 2, 2017
I thought you were wanting to argue. And I'm in a dark and confused place just recently. Sorry.
I love you stunned. You have always offered thoughtful, uplifting and inspiring dialogue to this platform, I have been encouraged many times by your writings. Stay strong in what ever it is that you are going through. You walk with the Spirit of the creator of the universe, and He loves you so much!