The Gunny is dead.

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Huckleberry

Aug 25, 2013
Just saw this on Fox.
RIP, sir.

Aug 2, 2009
:( I was just thinking about him a couple weeks ago..

Desdichado

Feb 9, 2014
He could've won the war in Syria by just hopping out of an airplane with a knife clenched between his teeth... and no parachute.

R

Ralph-

You mean he didn't really die in Full Metal Jacket?

K

kaylagrl

And thats why yellow makes me sad ...

Mem

Sep 23, 2014
I don't remember if I caught it on Mail Call or Lock n Load, I didn't really watch either regularly, but sure I caught the best 2 minutes of video he'd ever shot in his entire career even so. He was demonstrating a machine gun that looked more like a cannon and should've been sitting on cart or something, or a grenade launcher that was too heavy to lift over the shoulder. I tried to see if I could retrieve it and the closest I found to what I remember was a minigun, but I remember him seeming to have a harder time lifting this one, though enjoying the discharge of it all the same.

[video=youtube;lOH_aLoCgig]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOH_aLoCgig[/video]

Five little-known facts about Robert Lee Ermey

https://www.wearethemighty.com/articles/5-little-known-facts-about-r-lee-ermey-the-militarys-favorite-gunny

Dec 12, 2013
As a Marine in the "80's" I can tell you it was like that...we had what was called "diet privates" and the drill instructors would tell them what they could and could not eat....after chow they would have to stand with their trays held out and the drill instructors would make sure they only ate what they were allowed to eat...these guys would sneak packs of crackers into the squad bay and when they got caught we all went to the pit and paid....I was skinny and gained 35 pounds of muscle in 13 weeks and the guys who were fat lost like 40 to 70 pounds in 13 weeks and were unrecognizable on the day we graduated....and make no mistake...the drill instructors would chew the hide off of our backside for sure.....and play mind games out the ying yang.....

He made me think of Marine Boot Camp every time I seen him....as always when someone dies....I hope the man was a saved child of God.....

EarnestQ

Apr 28, 2016
I respect him. I hope he was saved.