The Holy Trinity & American Pie?

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Herstory

Mar 23, 2017
I am just going to throw this out there and see if anyone else ponders things like I do. We know Yeshua (Jesus) walked the earth and in the old testiment God the Father walked in eden with Adam and Eve, and I think over history he has walked with us on earth. And Yeshua told us the Holy Spirit would be here with us. WelI I love music and am a lyrics girl and I have to say Don McLean American Pie lyrics always makes me wonder " 3 men I admire most Father,Son and the Holy Ghost" well why wouldn't they still be walking with us in human form in our time. Anyone have any thoughts?

tanakh

Dec 1, 2015
I am just going to throw this out there and see if anyone else ponders things like I do. We know Yeshua (Jesus) walked the earth and in the old testiment God the Father walked in eden with Adam and Eve, and I think over history he has walked with us on earth. And Yeshua told us the Holy Spirit would be here with us. WelI I love music and am a lyrics girl and I have to say Don McLean American Pie lyrics always makes me wonder " 3 men I admire most Father,Son and the Holy Ghost" well why wouldn't they still be walking with us in human form in our time. Anyone have any thoughts?
Jesus has already done it and the Holy Spirit dwells in us.

American Pie is mainly about the death of Buddy Holly. The line you quote ends with them leaving for the coast
I assume it means that Holly's death was so tragic it seemed the Trinity had deserted the country. Also Ghost and coast
rhymes. People have been trying to work out the lyrics since the song was recorded. I did see something explaining it some time ago but it didn't include the Trinity reference.

Last edited:
D

Depleted

Because it was proclaimed the next time Jesus returns, he returns like he exited -- descending from the sky. And because it was promised when he descends it's Judgement Day.