The ignore the person who said he was gonna ignore people who didn't post....

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sirk

Scripture but failed to do what he said he was gonna do thread.

Nov 14, 2012
Is this appropriate?

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
I'm not gonna lie it's not the best thread I have seen from The sirk. We have enough so called Christians mocking each other we are called to love and be love. I understand however he is just being silly

R

Rosesrock

Disappointed

R

Rosesrock

You're disappointed in me? Please tell me why.
You keep this thing going like you're feeding a shark. This is not profitable at all. If your goal is to reach Jason, this isnt the way to go about it. Just my opinion.
You creating threads to mock him, is just as bad as him saying your evil.

He even said it made him happy when you mocked him. That's counterproductive to your goal

P

purgedconscience

Is this appropriate?
It's probably not appropriate for at least two reasons, but I have to admit that I almost busted a rib laughing when I read the full title.

Can we please stop taking shots at each other, even funny ones, especially in the BDF? We're not only disrespecting each other with this stuff, but disrespecting God I believe by not letting this forum be focused upon Him and His Word for the possible edifying of each other and bringing glory unto His name.

I said we and I admitted that I laughed, so please don't think that I'm being judgmental. Thank you.

S

Sirk

You keep this thing going like you're feeding a shark. This is not profitable at all. If your goal is to reach Jason, this isnt the way to go about it. Just my opinion.
You creating threads to mock him, is just as bad as him saying your evil.
I can see your point here. I'm not being defensive. Anyone else please feel to chime in where I fell short in posting this thread.

R

Rosesrock

I can see your point here. I'm not being defensive. Anyone else please feel to chime in where I fell short in posting this thread.
And, I havent known you long, but youre better than this

S

Sirk

And, I havent known you long, but youre better than this
I am really taking to heart what you are saying. When I am frustrated my go to coping mechanism is humor. So the intention behind it was less about mocking anyone and more about performing triage on the bleeding in the other thread.

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014

what does it matter what Jason did or failed to do on HIS OWN THREAD? There's absolutely no purpose being served here by YOU starting a thread about Jason and telling US to ignore him.. I mean, seriously dude? I agree 1000% with Rosesrock.. Starting this thread is not the way to make Jason see his shortcomings..

now please ask a mod to delete this thread.. it's rude and offensive, not only to us but Jason as well. You don't gotta like him, but you DO gotta show respect for him..

This is just tacky and tasteless, Sirk. I honestly expected better of you. I'm sure God did too.. :(

E

ember

ummm...the problem is that there actually is a problem

a certain type of personality engages in the type of behavior displayed and the control aspects of some ops are undeniable

ignoring this fact, does no one any service because there are actual ways to try and have a conversation with a person who must be right, must be in control and acknowledges no one other than self

Slapping others because one does not understand what is actually going on, does not serve either

The doctrine presented by the originator of the op in question is devilish and should be reprimanded

I do think that the best way to actually deal with the constant barrage of threads started to showcase the works based salvation theme is to NOT respond

It is the reponses that feed the ego

No audience....no voice

P

purgedconscience

Hi Sirk.

Again, I laughed, I really, really did, when I read the title of this thread, but I shouldn't have unless your goal was just a little levity which it might have been. I was meditating on a verse earlier today, so this isn't really about you, but all of us, and it might fit here to a degree:

Proverbs chapter 26 verse 20

Where no wood is, there the fire goeth out: so where there is no talebearer, the strife ceaseth.

Although there's probably not any talebearing here at all, the principle of ceasing to throw logs on the fire so that it might go out is something that we all need to seriously consider before we consume ourselves. Can't we all just strive to post something which might actually edify another? If you think that somebody here is evil or whatever, then find somebody who isn't and try to help them. I'm personally trying to avoid volatile situations and people to hopefully help others while I'm here and to hopefully be helped myself. Not necessarily in that order either. Let's just lay off of the wood. All of us.

R

Rosesrock

I am really taking to heart what you are saying. When I am frustrated my go to coping mechanism is humor. So the intention behind it was less about mocking anyone and more about performing triage on the bleeding in the other thread.
Cant stop a train wreck once it starts....i understand. Just pointing out with priviledge come great responsibility. Im sorry i cant see your motive as you post. We preach at jason for saying what he does and not kniwing us, but do you think your motive shines through. Youve been a great big brother and friend. Im just trying to bring prespective

D

DesiredHaven

Why do others get banned for being rude and offensive and yet certain others get their stuff deleted (covered over) and are allowed to remain?

S

Sirk

what does it matter what Jason did or failed to do on HIS OWN THREAD? There's absolutely no purpose being served here by YOU starting a thread about Jason and telling US to ignore him.. I mean, seriously dude? I agree 1000% with Rosesrock.. Starting this thread is not the way to make Jason see his shortcomings..

now please ask a mod to delete this thread.. it's rude and offensive, not only to us but Jason as well. You don't gotta like him, but you DO gotta show respect for him..

This is just tacky and tasteless, Sirk. I honestly expected better of you. I'm sure God did too.. :(

i can see how you feel that way. Obviously I have offended some but I'm not ready to get to an apology yet. If I ask the mods to delete this thread too soon I feel that I would be taking it out of Gods hands to redeem it.

E

ember

You don't gotta like him, but you DO gotta show respect for him..
I understand the sentiment, but respect for the doctrine he presents?

That would be utterly misplaced IMO

I put him on ignore a long long time ago...but I wrote in the thread in question because of other members

Really, the best answer to that thread is no answer at all

The title of that thread is utterly self congratulating and puffed up with false humilty and tons of pride

D

DesiredHaven

Good save...

Blain

The Word Weaver
Aug 28, 2012
Even the The sirk mistakes? nope sorry no way:b Sirk your heart is one that full of laughter and humor you bring ppl together just by being you on these forums. I have seen you relieve ppls stress many times by just being your silly loving self

blue_ladybug

Feb 21, 2014
I like ember's response, particularly the part about responses feeding the OP's ego, whether on this thread or any other one like it.. I agree with her post and purgedconscience's post also.. we need to be edifying others on here, not tearing them down by making threads about them and mocking them. That happens far too often on here already and that's why this forum has the spirit of Satan upon it.. We aren't showing the love of Jesus when we're mocking and name-calling and whatever.

This is jmo, but Sirk, you REALLY need to have this thread closed or deleted.. it's pointless, hurtful and un-necessary..

Status
Not open for further replies.