The imminent Demise of the United States of America

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

PennEd

Apr 22, 2013
He seemed to skirt the issue, that marriage as defined by God has been redefined by man.

But that's not the issue. The fact that marriage is defined and ordained by God alone is a self-evident FACT to Christians. That wicked men have redefined marriage carries no more weight than me claiming to be a duck-billed platypus to a Bible-believing Christians. This article deals with how Christians should react with the reality that wicked men DID redefine marriage. I think he made some great points. But I share your frustration, disgust, and anger with just how far our nation has sunk into a moral cesspool brother, and I just pray we can walk in a Christ-like manner as we deal with that unpleasant reality.

Dec 12, 2013
It was always "legal" for the behavior (homosexuality). All the court did was make all the states recognized the marriage. Homosexuals will still practice homosexuality regardless of recognition. It sounds like you're just venting.
Ummm...most states and cities have laws against sodomy and have had....so....i think you should re-check your facts!

B

bondservant

I believe there is a misconception that a lot of people don't understand about the laws of this country I will try to explain it the best that I can, feel free to correct me as my government of the United States knowledge has not been used in a while, ok years

The declaration of independence, the bill of rights, the amendments, the constitution, were all penned with the words pointing to belief in God. Therefore we all assume that the ones that penned it were christian people which they were. Some were shakers, Quakers, old English protestant, etc. But nowhere does any of it say that the United States would be christian exclusive. Anyone that acts in making laws for this nation must act for the good of the people that are her citizens. The same rights are given to everyone that are recognized as a minority. So when a law is passed to a certain minority it is to make it equal with other existing minority. The right to vote, freedom of speach, freedom of religion, and so on are the rights of all people's considered a minority. Gays were considered a minority as the population increased, their rights as American citizens were were recognised and the laws of the land gave them a voice in the to be heard. The marriage thing was not the main issue for this recent decision. It is about tax and health care they could not file or obtain due to the recognition of marital status which other minorities had. So in order to resolve the issue supreme court trump states to avoid the paper chase declaring all fifty states comply. So now they were given the same rights that as a common married couple has. Don't be fooled in believing that if you had a born again christian president it would be any different. He has to up hold the laws of the land. We were never founded on christian exclusive, only on christian principle. I hope this opens some eyes I have a hard time typing and expressing things like this. Notice that God's laws are christian exclusive are not at all but better than other countries by far.
All men are created equal, and justice for all, we the people take on a whole new meaning huh.

Mar 21, 2015
Awesome article! God please grant me the Grace this Pastor has on this issue, in Jesus name I pray:
Some Advice on Same-Sex Marriage for US Church Leaders From a Canadian - Carey Nieuwhof
Minus the prayer, I'm with Penn on this one ...

" Judgment is a terrible evangelism strategy.
People don’t line up to be judged.

If you want to keep being ineffective at reaching unchurched people, keep judging them.
Judging outsiders is un-Christian. Paul told us to stop judging people outside the church.
Jesus said God will judge us by the same standard with which we judge others.

Paul also reminds us to drop the uppity-attitude; that none of us were saved by the good we did but by grace.
Take a deep breath ....Your sins are simply different than many others. And honestly, in many respects, they are the same. "

People don’t line up to be judged. But they might line up to be loved.
So love people. Especially the people with whom you disagree.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
But that's not the issue. The fact that marriage is defined and ordained by God alone is a self-evident FACT to Christians. That wicked men have redefined marriage carries no more weight than me claiming to be a duck-billed platypus to a Bible-believing Christians. This article deals with how Christians should react with the reality that wicked men DID redefine marriage. I think he made some great points. But I share your frustration, disgust, and anger with just how far our nation has sunk into a moral cesspool brother, and I just pray we can walk in a Christ-like manner as we deal with that unpleasant reality.
I was only pointing out the issue that he did skirt...not that it was the only issue.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Minus the prayer, I'm with Penn on this one ...

" Judgment is a terrible evangelism strategy.
People don’t line up to be judged.

If you want to keep being ineffective at reaching unchurched people, keep judging them.
Judging outsiders is un-Christian. Paul told us to stop judging people outside the church.
Jesus said God will judge us by the same standard with which we judge others.

Paul also reminds us to drop the uppity-attitude; that none of us were saved by the good we did but by grace.
Take a deep breath ....Your sins are simply different than many others. And honestly, in many respects, they are the same. "

People don’t line up to be judged. But they might line up to be loved.
So love people. Especially the people with whom you disagree.
I don't understand how you, a non christian, preaches at us how we are not to preach at others.

E

ember

well the ultimate Judge, will pass the final gavel, give the final sentence and no doubt the guilty will be dragged kicking and screaming they are innocent

only the Holy Spirit can convict with conviction that leads to actual heart change

the conscience is often so seared over, it steps over a crime under its feet, goes tsk, and keeps walking

S

Sub-Zero

Ummm...most states and cities have laws against sodomy and have had....so....i think you should re-check your facts!
Umm, I already clarified this misunderstanding when I later said that I meant immediately prior to the Supreme Court ruling, not historically.

Furthermore, Lawrence v. Texas was the Supreme Court ruling that invalidated anti-sodomy laws. If states fail to remove it, it STILL doesn't make it illegal. Federal > State > City law. ;)

I

Is

The only place I see in the Bible where nations will be judged is at the end of the Tribulation Period, after Israel has been judged, the nations of earth will be judged by Christ and His Church. This judgment will not be against individuals but against nations for their treatment of the Jewish people.

“For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land” (Joel 3:1-2).

V

Viligant_Warrior

The only place I see in the Bible where nations will be judged is at the end of the Tribulation Period, after Israel has been judged, the nations of earth will be judged by Christ and His Church. This judgment will not be against individuals but against nations for their treatment of the Jewish people.

“For, behold, in those days, and in that time, when I shall bring again the captivity of Judah and Jerusalem, I will also gather all nations, and will bring them down into the valley of Jehoshaphat, and will plead with them there for my people and for my heritage Israel, whom they have scattered among the nations, and parted my land” (Joel 3:1-2).
I agree. I also don't see the collapse of the United States as "judgment" so much as a natural consequence of her moral devolution.

Feb 9, 2010
Ever since Adam and Eve sinned,the world has been heading to one destination,and that is the beast kingdom in Revelation,which is a kingdom that is all about people with no religious or governmental authority above them.They do not recognize any God which means the hope of the world is gone.

As time goes on people get worse in attitude and morals,and wanting to exalt themselves,because that is the direction they are going.

Jesus said that evil men shall wax worse and worse,deceiving and being deceived,and since iniquity shall abound the love of many shall wax cold.

Proverbs 30:11-15,tells us the attitude of the last generation before Jesus comes back,which is an attitude that people never had to that extreme of wanting to exalt themselves.

Since as time goes on people get worse in selfishness,and arrogance,and wanting to exalt themselves,we have come to the point that people lust for power,and to have their own way,like never before,which now the attitude is,people basically care about themselves with little regard for anyone else,so you don't care about me,I don't care about you,which makes them want to exalt themselves more.

Everybody wants to exalt them self and nobody wants to be left out,so if they cannot do it be money,and material things,they will do it by being spiritually arrogant.

God warns us in 1 Timothy chapter 4,that in the latter times some shall depart from the truth of the Bible,which is an occult interpretation of the Bible,that will become so popular that the Bible says that the time will come when people will not want to hear the Bible according to the truth,but according to their own lusts,which they want personal power.

This interpretation will be based on the exaltation of people,and diminishes God,until they cut Him out of the picture in the beast kingdom.This interpretation will not allow people to marry,which they promote homosexuality for population production,and will command to abstain from meats,because they honor nature.

So homosexuality will become more out in the open and accepted as time goes on as the people that go by an occult interpretation of the Bible will put out there,which eventually people will want to hear it according to that interpretation.

God will allow the world 7 years to have their way and follow the beast kingdom,which God will allow all people that do not love Him to follow that kingdom.

Since God will allow the world 7 years to have their way,the devil will use a false interpretation of the Bible that exalts people,and honors the God of forces,and in to witchcraft,to deceive the world,and prepare the way for the man of sin,which is an interpretation that the world will accept,because Jesus is not the savior but a good teacher of spiritual enlightenment.

During the one world religious system,whoever is the leader of that system will prepare the way for the man of sin.People will be able to practice their own religion,but that false interpretation of the Bible will be the main theme of it.

These people promote homosexuality,and think their interpretation of the Bible is right,and since that occult interpretation will be what they want to hear homosexuality will become more popular.