The Knowledge of Sin

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shad

Rom 3:20 Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin.

You know how you can tell if someone is under the law instead of under grace... they love to talk about other people's sins, shortcomings, failures, faults and mistakes and that is the knowledge of sin. Gossip, slander and maligning is all about the knowledge of sin and it is all without the grace of God. When someone uses constructive criticism, that is the knowledge of sin because no matter how constructive they are it is still criticism and it is without grace. Love is creative and utilizes edification and the wisdom of grace to create a capacity in believers to do the right thing in Christ. You never have to bring up the knowledge of sin to get a humble believer to receive grace and be edified.

The other side of that is when you have those that have lived their entire life under the dictates of the flesh with a rebellious heart as transgressors. They love the grace message because it does not condemn them but they are not giving up the sin. Now the law comes in handy, not to condemn them, but to let them know that what they are engaged in is sinful. So the law makes what they are doing sinful (and the Holy Spirit makes sure of that through conviction), then you come in and minister the grace of God so that they can respond to Christ and be restored. They need to know that what they are doing is sinful and without condemning them for the sin, you give them grace and mercy and let them respond by faith so they can make it right before God. You don't hound them with the law but you give them enough to convict them so they can see the error of their way. After they have responded to grace your love covers them and you don't repeat the matter of sin. We do it this way so that they are justified by grace and not by the law or the knowledge of sin.

Sep 27, 2009
Prideful people cause a lot of pain in this world, I think. Sometimes it’s hard not to complain a little.

D

Deadtosin

Mark 7:6-23 KJV taken from www.biblegateway.com

6He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
7Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
8For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
9And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.
10For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.
12And ye suffer him no more to do ought for his father or his mother;
13Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
14And when he had called all the people unto him, he said unto them, Hearken unto me every one of you, and understand:
15There is nothing from without a man, that entering into him can defile him: but the things which come out of him, those are they that defile the man.
16If any man have ears to hear, let him hear.
17And when he was entered into the house from the people, his disciples asked him concerning the parable.
18And he saith unto them, Are ye so without understanding also? Do ye not perceive, that whatsoever thing from without entereth into the man, it cannot defile him;
19Because it entereth not into his heart, but into the belly, and goeth out into the draught, purging all meats?
20And he said, That which cometh out of the man, that defileth the man.
21For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed evil thoughts, adulteries, fornications, murders,
22Thefts, covetousness, wickedness, deceit, lasciviousness, an evil eye, blasphemy, pride, foolishness:
23All these evil things come from within, and defile the man.

D

Deadtosin

taken from www.biblegateway.com

Luke 12:45-53 KJV

45But and if that servant say in his heart, My lord delayeth his coming; and shall begin to beat the menservants and maidens, and to eat and drink, and to be drunken;
46The lord of that servant will come in a day when he looketh not for him, and at an hour when he is not aware, and will cut him in sunder, and will appoint him his portion with the unbelievers.
47And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
48But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.
49I am come to send fire on the earth; and what will I, if it be already kindled?
50But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
51Suppose ye that I am come to give peace on earth? I tell you, Nay; but rather division:
52For from henceforth there shall be five in one house divided, three against two, and two against three.
53The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

D

Deadtosin

we who are strong in our faith are required by Jesus our Lord and Savior to make an attempt to lead the lost back to the righteous path, lest their blood be on our hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.