the life of Samson

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
S

Spokenpassage

So I thought about discussing about Samson, a judge of Israel. The man had strength, you have to give God that credit. The man had divine power in defeating his enemies.

But what about his life, was his relationship with God as strong as his strength? Well we see through the story, he lived a self want, self centered, self gratifying, and self willed life. His image wasn't the brightest and greatest among the biblical figures in the bible, but God's will was accomplished through Him.

My two question is this:

How much better would Samson's life would've been if he walked in the ways of God? What are the possibilities that could've happened in his life if it were lived different?

Not even his death was focused on God, rather, it was focused on revenge. But God's will was accomplished.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Tintin

Actually, I don't think you can say that Samson's death wasn't focused on God. What I read in Judges 16 sounds like divine justice. God used Samson for his purposes, even to death.

S

Spokenpassage

Actually, I don't think you can say that Samson's death wasn't focused on God. What I read in Judges 16 sounds like divine justice. God used Samson for his purposes, even to death.
Let's use some scripture, I think even though God's plan was still being accomplished, his motives were self desiring.

28- Then Samson called to the Lord and said, "O Lord God, please remember me and please strengthen me just this time, O God, that I may at once be avenged of the Philistines for my two eyes."

Jan 13, 2014
The Bible says Samson had no strength at all!

if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man.

Judges 16:17

easy to remember, he was a JUDGE and he was sweet 16 and one more.

He had a special covenant where holy angels put their power behind everything he touched.
EVeryone knows hiar does not give you strenght! We need to think a bit on these true historical facts.

T

Tintin

The why I see it God redeemed Samson in his final moments.

S

Spokenpassage

The Bible says samson had no strength at all!

if I be shaven, then my strength will go from me, and I shall become weak, and be like any other man.

Judges 16:17

easy to remember, he was a JUDGE and he was sweet 16 and one more.
He had it before his head was shaved off in chapter 16, and had it after calling upon God in verse 28

Jan 13, 2014
What I see is that Samson truly repented.
He was sorry
and if allowed to live he would never have done those wicked things again like viciting Delilah

you repent, God forgives,
but you still die, the penalty for a transgression and its effects still continue on despite forgiveness of sin
the murderer on death row will still die
but his soul is saved
and samsons soul will be savbed

Judas never repented and his soul was LOST after he was a CHOSEN SAVED DESCIPLE
so be aware once saved not always saved, but rather
if you are faithful to Gods word and trust him
he will direct your paths.

S

Spokenpassage

The why I see it God redeemed Samson in his final moments.
Yeah me to, except it ponders me what could've happened if his heart was in accord with God while going about God's will. Maybe he could've done so much more? Or is that a notion outside the divine plan God wanted?

It's past, but so is Adam sinning.

Jan 13, 2014
What I se that it takes GODS POWER to do the mighty deeds of samson and the mighty deeds of JEsus
if you have Gods covenant
you will be given Gods power to stop sinning and to reject temptation
this is the true gospel that has been lost in most churches, they never tell you the truth
if we accept his covenant, the NEW covenant, of keeping the commandments by God inside of us
you will be like
Samson
victorius against 3000 temptations.
With the jawbone of an ass.

You cant even speak or know your Bible, but you still will win
for it is angels that helpd Samson will help you,

Jan 13, 2014
Do you know what Gods new covenant is?
1. Old covenant: Kepp my commandments and if you sin sacrifice a lamb and you will be clean.
2. New covenant: Keep my commandments and give your life to ME because my BLOOD allows me to come into you and live in you and help you! I forgive the sin and you may abide in me and I abide in you and with My holy spirit there is no sin stronger than us together combined in faith
so now GO AND SIN NO MORE by remaining in my word and life with your thoughts at all times.
Wlking in faith and not by sight, and you wont fail or sin any more.
I will put in your heart the desire
to do only right and take away all wrong thoughts and desires.

S

Spokenpassage

What I see is that Samson truly repented.
He was sorry
and if allowed to live he would never have done those wicked things again like viciting Delilah

you repent, God forgives,
but you still die, the penalty for a transgression and its effects still continue on despite forgiveness of sin
the murderer on death row will still die
but his soul is saved
and samsons soul will be savbed

Judas never repented and his soul was LOST after he was a CHOSEN SAVED DESCIPLE
so be aware once saved not always saved, but rather
if you are faithful to Gods word and trust him
he will direct your paths.
I can't find a verse that says he wanted to repent. It could've ended in a way that he humbled himself and admit that his life wasn't what God wanted. Instead he wanted to plead God for revenge for them blinding his eyes, adding to that he is willing to die along with it. Not a single word of asking forgiveness. It's almost like he could've made it so much better in the end. Maybe even judge Israel a little longer. No he wanted to give it his all and die with it!

Jan 13, 2014
Do you know what Gods new covenant is?
1. Old covenant: Kepp my commandments and if you sin sacrifice a lamb and you will be clean.
2. New covenant: Keep my commandments and give your life to ME because my BLOOD allows me to come into you and live in you and help you! I forgive the sin and you may abide in me and I abide in you and with My holy spirit there is no sin stronger than us together combined in faith
so now GO AND SIN NO MORE by remaining in my word and life with your thoughts at all times.
Wlking in faith and not by sight, and you wont fail or sin any more.
I will put in your heart the desire
to do only right and take away all wrong thoughts and desires.

Jan 13, 2014
What would the devil do?
he wouls say

Oh, you dont need to be good!
Jesus died so you can stay like you are!
thats what he woudl say

Jesus would say
Go and sin no more and I will help you overcome
cant you hear him?

Jan 13, 2014
Why cant people hear him?
That is what Jesus always says...

John 8:11 And Jesus said unto her,
Neither do I condemn thee:
go, and sin no more.

I wont condemn you
I died for you
I forgive you
now stop it! Stop breaking my law

but the devil says
there is no law!

be sassured there is. and JEsus kept it and he will help you keep it like Samson.

so she goes and jumps up and down and says Jesus died for me! I can make much money now being a whore and still go to heaven?

Be assured
you have the wrong gospel if you fall for that lie.

Jan 13, 2014
Seriously think a little bit

Children wouldLove to hear their parents say:
go and do what you want,
I trust you love me and will only do right things
we will be gone for the weekend
there are no rules anymore
since Jesus died for YOU!

and I am sure you will go volunteer at the local nursing home for free while we are gone!

right.......

Sounds like the devil to me.

S

Spokenpassage

No flooding with random posts please.

Jan 13, 2014
The truth is
since Jesus died for you
he has his holy spirit spend 24/7 with you in intensive training
that is the new covenant!

Like mom leaving BIG SISTER with you for the weekend to spend 24/7 with you
everything you do
she will say
That is good!
no that is not good

with Big sister there, be assured you will not sin anymore!
and the house wont be burned to the ground!
The holy spirit is a Babysitter!

given to us to change us

those who want to do good and love God
will love big sister and ask her everything
how to make cookies how to clean how to do laundry

the kids with the devil in them will try and get away from her.

most kids have a little devil in them
that is why the theory of there being no more law
is totally
craxy.

The little demon children will fight with siste and tell her
Mom says THERE ARE NO RULES!
WAAAAAAHH!

After the children of Izrael burned their hose to the ground in the old covenant God made a new one
after he died he was allowed to send his holy spirit 24/7

that is the new covenant
the little bad boys will say the NEW DEAL is do anything you want.

Listen to what the spirit says to you now...

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2014
ok
Just talking about samson
how he parallels the power of the new covenant

Jan 13, 2014
Yes Samson did repent
Because the holy spirit is given to those who repent

Acts 5:32 And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

and to repent means to change from disoobeying to obeying.