THE NEW COVENANT

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
May 18, 2011
(chuckle), I like the "whatcha thinkn?" I just gave a witness of the things I've been shown, so that there is evidence of Spirit's work. "We no longer need to be taught by our neighbor" is also a power witness for all those who come to know Jesus and the design of His plan for each of us as we follow Him. Everyone ought to be enabled to share how the Spirit of our Lord has formed each of us in His hand. We are not shaped by the hands of men who built a temple that is destroyed. God created heaven and earth, and rested. Jesus became the finisher of that work; shaping living stones to build The Everlasting Temple. There is no other carpenter on this earth who can do this. This is how I understand The Carpenter's Son.
If we were in a place where neighbor need not teach neighbor because we all know God, then Yeshua wouldn't have told us in Mark 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."

Shalom

Y

yaright

Abiding I have always enjoyed and respected what you post, but please show me where my country has had the two houses of Israel restored, because I don't see it here. The majority of hebrew people here are jews and Bejamites, there are not many of the Northern tribes(Ephraim) here. Granted they are coming in more and more each yr. But the house of Israel was not in Israel in Yeshua's days. All of Israel will not become one with us in Yeshua until Yeshua returns and there eyes are opened. Please read my last post on Ezekiel 36. Shalom
Jesus has come to proclaim that He is King who rules all of Israel, including the strangers who are being called in from the labors of this world, to be counted in the census of His people. Jesus has come to proclaim that He is our High Priest. Jesus has come to take the seat of authority of both houses; Israel, and Judah. In this, our Lord's people are joined, not as church and state as Israel and Judah lived, but as the Kingdom of God lives in peace.

May 18, 2011
Jesus has come to proclaim that He is King who rules all of Israel, including the strangers who are being called in from the labors of this world, to be counted in the census of His people. Jesus has come to proclaim that He is our High Priest. Jesus has come to take the seat of authority of both houses; Israel, and Judah. In this, our Lord's people are joined, not as church and state as Israel and Judah lived, but as the Kingdom of God lives in peace.
Yeshua we know is King of Kings, but He has not come and proclaimed His Kingship yet, His first coming was as a servant, that's why the jews had such a hard time accepting Him. They expected Him to come and proclaim His Kingdom then. But that won't happen until His second coming, scripture says that. Shalom

Y

yaright

If we were in a place where neighbor need not teach neighbor because we all know God, then Yeshua wouldn't have told us in Mark 16:15 And He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the gospel to all creation."

Shalom

Law states that the Word of God goes out to call the lost, strangers to God's Temple. Why haven' t you considered the teaching of the fish and the law, and the words of the prophets concerning the fish?

Jesus fulfills the law and words of the prophets when He sends us out to give witness to all the world. When these people come in to be counted in the census of God's people, who do you think teaches them? Is it possible that you don't believe God is capable to teach His own?

G

Gimzani

All:

We cannot spiritualize away the prophesies of YHVH. HE has a plan and purpose to bring about the restoration of HIS Holy nation - that was the mission of Messiah!
Mat 15:24 But He answered and said, "I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel."
Is that the Gentiles? The Hebrew word for Gentiles is "Goyim" - meaning the "Nations". No He was not sent to the Gentiles otherwise He would have said so. He was sent to find the lost 10 tribes of the north that was scattered AMONG the gentiles!
Jer 9:16 "I will scatter them also among the Gentiles, whom neither they nor their fathers have known. And I will send a sword after them until I have consumed them."
These people were scattered to the ends of the earth. But YHVH had started with Yahoshua - (Jesus) - the process to gather them back to the LAND - not a spiritual one - THE LAND of ISRAEL
Eze 28:25 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "When I have gathered the house of Israel from the peoples among whom they are scattered, and am hallowed in them in the sight of the Gentiles, then they will dwell in their own land which I gave to My servant Jacob.
This is the Renewed Covenant! Just as when the children of Israel came out of Egypt - they were redeemed, but they were not saved until they entered the land. It is the same now for us. Messiah has redeemed us, but we are not saved until He comes back and we are transformed in the twinkle of an eye!

When He gathers us, we will be keeping HIS Torah.
Eze 11:17 "Therefore say, 'Thus says the Lord GOD: "I will gather you from the peoples, assemble you from the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel." 18 "And they will go there, and they will take away all its detestable things and all its abominations from there. 19 "Then I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within them, [fn] and take the stony heart out of their flesh, and give them a heart of flesh, 20 "that they may walk in My statutes and keep My judgments and do them; and they shall be My people, and I will be their God.
This is the REnewED COVENANT!

But also, like when the children of Israel were redeemed, the Gentiles were invited to JOIN Israel. They did not replace Israel - they were Grafted into Israel.

If we continue to use spiritualization to explain prophesy then we rob YHVH of HIS power to fulfil these things! That is dangerous, because - where does it end? What else will we spiritualize? The Kingdom? His return? Judgement Day?

One must realize that just as prophecy was PHYSICALLY fulfilled with Messiah Yahoshua - (Jesus) - so it will be PHYSICALLY fulfilled again - and in the very near future.

Shalom!

A

Abiding

Acts 2:5 and there were dwelling at Jerusalem jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

1Peter2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar
people: that ye should shew forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness
into His marvelous light.10 Which in time past were not a people. buy are now the people of God:
which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy

Hosea 1:9-11 Then said God, Call his name Loammi: for ye are not my people, and i will not be your God.
Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand if the sea, which can not be numbered or
measured; and it shall come to pass that in the place where it was said to them, Ye are not my people,
there is shall be said, Ye are the sons of the living God.11. Then shall the children of Juhah and the children
of Isreal be gathered togather, and appoint themselves ine head, and they shall come up out of the land, for great shall be the day of Jezreel.

A

Abiding

Yeshua we know is King of Kings, but He has not come and proclaimed His Kingship yet, His first coming was as a servant, that's why the jews had such a hard time accepting Him. They expected Him to come and proclaim His Kingdom then. But that won't happen until His second coming, scripture says that. Shalom
Jesus taught much of His kingdom and while on earth he could call His servants and take over the place.
But He said it was "in us"=the indwelling. And not of this world.

May 18, 2011
There are some good points on here, and some right on the money, but realize this,(for those who may not know yet) everything that has happened and will happen from Genesis to Revelation, it is done in the physical first and then the spiritual. We are not a linear time line but a cyclical. As God's Word says everything will be restored back to the way it was meant to be. Physical Israel has to be restored when Yeshua comes and the Ezekiel temple is built. This is a bit off subject but not. Shalom

A

Abiding

Yes I know thats a popular and accepted view these days. But Ephesians 2:11-16 ....make himself of twain ONE new man....
makes it hard to accept, a seperate deal for the jews. Same with the "land" thing.

May 18, 2011
Yes I know thats a popular and accepted view these days. But Ephesians 2:11-16 ....make himself of twain ONE new man....
makes it hard to accept, a seperate deal for the jews. Same with the "land" thing.
Abiding, brother, scripture is quite clear of Israel's restoration, both spiritually and physically(land). I have yet to see one scripture that proves otherwise, which would be hard to do since it is scripture that says it will. Especially Isaiah 2 and Micah 4. How do you explain this away? Shalom

Y

yaright

Abiding, brother, scripture is quite clear of Israel's restoration, both spiritually and physically(land). I have yet to see one scripture that proves otherwise, which would be hard to do since it is scripture that says it will. Especially Isaiah 2 and Micah 4. How do you explain this away? Shalom
Jesus said, you read the Scriptures, for in them you believe you have your salvation; but these are they which testify of Me; but you do not turn to Me that you may have eternal life.

If a person lives according to laws, that person has abided in the lesser light; knowing that your days are numbered according to moons which rule over darkness. All feasts and various doctrines and celebrations were given to those who lived in darkness. These who believed they kept the law of moons do not know the meaning of the blood covered moon according to laws which required the blood of sacrifices. The end of these things came when these laws of darkness were covered by the blood of Christ; so that the law of moons became silent in the face of the One true light.

A

Abiding

Okeydokey...first i need to fill the tummy, yikes that means i have to go to the store first
then i have to do some homework...im such a mess. :)

May 18, 2011
If a person lives according to laws, that person has abided in the lesser light; knowing that your days are numbered according to moons which rule over darkness. All feasts and various doctrines and celebrations were given to those who lived in darkness. These who believed they kept the law of moons do not know the meaning of the blood covered moon according to laws which required the blood of sacrifices. The end of these things came when these laws of darkness were covered by the blood of Christ; so that the law of moons became silent in the face of the One true light.
Yaright, no one is talking about the laws and sacrifices brother, this thread is not about that. Shalom

Y

yaright

Jews look for a sign, but Jesus clearly said to the wicked (because Jonah is the example of things the Jews should have been doing rather than exalting themselves as God's chosen) The only sign given is the sign of Jonah. Jonah was a prophet who heard the word of God to go give witness to the people of Ninevah to repent! and be saved from God's wrath. But like the Jews, Jonah hated the people of Ninevah, considering it against the law to even speak to them, so Jonah turned away from the people of Ninevah, and in doing so became like the people he hated. Lawlessness in Jonah led him to his own destruction. But after Jonah repent, he immediately went to the people of Ninevah, saying, Repent and be saved from God's wrath! And because of Jonah's authenticated witness, these people repented in sackcloth and ashes.

The sign of Jonah was given to the Jews who thought like Jonah.

Jesus will not come like Jews are looking for. The Jews are clearly warned that in their wickedness, the only sign given to them is the sign of Jonah.

Jesus came to the Jews and they did not believe. Now I'll ask a question of mystery; How is it that so many Christians are so excited about something you cannot see? If you are looking for a sign, and you do not see the Gentiles rejoicing, the only sign given to you; is the sign of Jonah.

R

Ramon

I am not as knowledgeable about these types of things. If I have any revelation on this, I hope the Lord will bring it to my mind. But I do have a question Avinu.

A covenant is an agreement right? But an agreement is no good unless it is signed. And there has to be several witnesses in most. Two or three maybe. So between two parties, if a covenant is signed, then the covenant has to be kept, right? Who are the two parties? Who signs the agreement? How long is the covenant? Does the covenant expire? Can the covenant be broken?

If you have any answers to these questions, please respond. I will pray about it also.

May Jesus bless you.

A

Abiding

reread those chapters. all fulfilled, but some that will be in the new heavens and new earth.

May 18, 2011
reread those chapters. all fulfilled, but some that will be in the new heavens and new earth.
Abiding, who is this addressed to, and what chapters? Shalom, Avinu

May 18, 2011
I am not as knowledgeable about these types of things. If I have any revelation on this, I hope the Lord will bring it to my mind. But I do have a question Avinu.

A covenant is an agreement right? But an agreement is no good unless it is signed. And there has to be several witnesses in most. Two or three maybe. So between two parties, if a covenant is signed, then the covenant has to be kept, right? Who are the two parties? Who signs the agreement? How long is the covenant? Does the covenant expire? Can the covenant be broken?

If you have any answers to these questions, please respond. I will pray about it also.

May Jesus bless you.
I'm probably just retarded this morning, but can you elaborate on what exactly you're wanting on these multiple questions? lol

A

Abiding

gee avina, would it break your legs to walk back to the last correspondance?

May 18, 2011
gee avina, would it break your legs to walk back to the last correspondance?
Abiding, I like you, don't start getting rude. You've always been humble and respectful, don't lose that. By the way, both of those chapters start with, "In the latter days" I know for a fact that they haven't been fulfilled, I suggest you re-read them. Just claiming they are fulfilled isn't going to cut it. You show me where Israel has ever beat there swords into pruning hooks. And that they will know war no more. My country has never been in this position.