The only case when racism is justified?!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Is racism justified ONLY if your being racist to a Satanist?

• Yep

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Nope

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • I dunt know :p

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 23, 2009
The religion of Christianity is the relationship between Christ and man, and all that that entails. Just because it is relational does not mean it is not religion.

My religious beliefs are that of the Christian religion, which incidently does involve the heart; the two concepts are not mutually exclusive.

I hope one day you will get it.
I will never agree with your unbiblical, non- true christian religion. But one day god might help you to see the truth, if you will let Him.

M

Maddog

I will never agree with your unbiblical, non- true christian religion. But one day god might help you to see the truth, if you will let Him.
Wow, that's quite a statement; saying Christianity is untrue and unbiblical is a very strange thing indeed for a Christian to say. Oh well, maybe one day God might help me see the 'truth' as defined by you.

And here I was thinking our disgreement was simply a matter of semantics.

B

BXblessings2you

I think you are both misunderstanding each other.

Religion is a system of beliefs and practices

The fact that Christianity is the Truth does not mean it is void of beliefs and practices. It does however mean that these beliefs and practices do not originate in man but from Jesus. We do not commit to beliefs and practices, but we commit to following Jesus, and in doing so we also hold to a common set of beliefs and function through practice. For example a false religion would entail worshiping for the sake of worship. However we worship God for Him, but that does not change that worship is something we practice. The Bible says not to follow religious law for the sake of following religious law. This does not mean that we don't end up with a system of practices (prayer, Baptism, etc.) but that these practices are not followed because they are law, but because they influence our relationship with Jesus. Also, the Bible specifically refers to people as believers and non-believers. Obviously, believers have a belief, and this belief is the Truth. It is not saying non-believers don't have beliefs (religion, philosophy, etc.) but that it is not the Truth. If religion is a system of beliefs, and believers have a system of beliefs, then believers would seem to also have a religion. It is simply that this religion of Truth is a means to help us find Christ and not an end.

Apr 23, 2009
Wow, that's quite a statement; saying Christianity is untrue and unbiblical is a very strange thing indeed for a Christian to say. .
I didn't say that. I said true Christianity is a relationship not a religion. False Christianity is a religion.

Jan 8, 2009
I think it's more correct to say "true Christianity is a religion with relationship", "false christianity is a religion without relationship".

In James for example it indeed refers the faith as a religion:

Jas 1:26 If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man's religion is vain.

Last edited:
M

Maddog

I think it's more correct to say "true Christianity is a religion with relationship", "false christianity is a religion without relationship"
Aye, but also ''false Christianity is a relationship without religion''.

Not that I think Watchmen actually adheres to such a system, I just think he denies it for whatever reason (maybe because he is using a different defintion of religion to everyone else).

M

Maddog

I didn't say that. I said true Christianity is a relationship not a religion. False Christianity is a religion.
Actually it's a religion centred and ordered around a relationship. But I'm starting to think you must be using a different definition of religion to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.