The Peace of God...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

lighthousejohn

I found this draft for a sermon I did in 2001. I hope you enjoy it.

The Peace Of God
Luke 2:13-14 "13Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, 14"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."

God's peace defined: For Christians, the tranquil state of a soul assured of it's salvation through Christ, and so fearing nothing from God and being content with it's earthly lot.

GOD GIVES US PEACE FOR OUR SOUL!
Philippians 4:4-7 "4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

GOD GIVE PEACE TO THOSE HE FAVORS!
Luke 2:14 "14"Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."

JESUS IS THE PRINCE OF PEACE!
iSAIAH 9:6 "6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be

called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace."

THE KINGDOM OF GOD IS A KINGDOM OF PEACE!
Romans 14:17-18 "17For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit, 18because anyone who serves Christ in this way is pleasing to God and approved by men."

WITHOUT GOD THERE IS NO PEACE!
Isaiah 57:21 "21 "There is no peace," says my God, "for the wicked."

OUR VICTORY IS IN JESUS!
Romans 16:20 "20The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you."

Romans 15:13 "13May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Romans 15:33 "33The God of peace be with you all. Amen!"

In Christ,
John

C

Crazy4GODword

The peace that God gives is called (Shalom) also means hello or a greet pretty cool, i wanted to share that