The problem with calling Jesus “Messiah” instead of “the Lord Jesus Christ”

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
Re: The problem with calling Jesus “Messiah” instead of “the Lord Jesus Christ”

Another word in Hebrew from Adam is dam; dam means blood, yes, but it also means red. Dam dam means bright red......i FIND THESE INTERESTING WHEN READING THEwORD. i DO NOT EXPECT OTHERS TO, BUT i DO LIKE TO SHARE.

In reference to our Master referring to Himself as the "Son of Man," it most likely would have read something like "Ani ben adam," which does mean "I am the Son of Man," but it means much more. Unhappily people, when delving into certain aspects of the Word and what it is saying, have a tendency to stop at the first layer of discovery and jump to conclusions. We have all done this, but we learn with time to not do it.

Adam means earth, red earth to be exact. Blood is derived from the same root as is dust, and it is certain there is more to our Master's reerence thant many understand.

Grandpa

Jun 24, 2011

in Judaisim they say Yahshua/Jesus is a false prophet.

Judaisim is not even based in the "old testament" but in the talmud.
Exactly. Which is the point of the op.

Why revert back to misleading language from a religion that doesn't even believe in The Lord Jesus Christ?

It would be like using the language of the KKK to show how much you love colored people... It wouldn't be bad to show your love but its kind of misleading language...

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018

in Judaisim they say Yahshua/Jesus is a false prophet.

Judaisim is not even based in the "old testament" but in the talmud.
Exactly. Which is the point of the op.

Why revert back to misleading language from a religion that doesn't even believe in The Lord Jesus Christ?

It would be like using the language of the KKK to show how much you love colored people... It wouldn't be bad to show your love but its kind of misleading language...
This is the most empty argument that has ever come from you, a "misleadijng language" Also Judaisim is not based on the Scriptures but the Talmud, how does this mean Hebrew language is bad? What language did the prophets of YHWH use? What does the KKK have to do with anything here? Is this where you bring it up to make false association?

O

OtherWay210

Shamah right . people are not logical here.. Example : i breath air, that must mean i like air born diseases. :/ whatever

Talmudic teachings,has nothing to do with the languages of the Bible. One is The Word of God.

The other ( talmud ) commentaries by confused people .

By their reasoning, they both are written down, must mean letters are bad..

Last edited:

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018

Shamah right . people are not logical here.. Example : i breath air, that must mean i like air born diseases. :/ whatever
I know what you mean, I think it stems from tradition rather than Scriptural truth, staying in tradition is comforting, truth can sometimes rattle one if they believe different than what the word says. None ofus know all the truth but may YHWH guide and strengthen us that we may learn and accept it always.

O

OtherWay210

Shamah ,the hypocrisy here is, many church traditions, often are no less confusing or error, than the talmud .
two wrongs dont equal a right .

The talmud, is adaptation from scripture, they happened to adopt the language too since they lived among Israel.
I wont go much more into it . But i think the point is made basically .

But back to the language, the manuscripts are not in English, to gain any meaning or understanding , we have to be mindful of that fact .

Otherwise, we many not get the answers all the time . Sometimes a Christian has to study the bibles languages .. This is why many Christians scholars produced such great works as the Strongs Concordance, and other works .

Shamah

Jan 6, 2018

Shamah ,the hypocrisy here is, many church traditions, often are no less confusing or error, than the talmud .
two wrongs dont equal a right .

The talmud, is adaptation from scripture, they happened to adopt the language too since they lived among Israel.
I wont go much more into it . But i think the point is made basically .

But back to the language, the manuscripts are not in English, to gain any meaning or understanding , we have to be mindful of that fact .

Otherwise, we many not get the answers all the time . Sometimes a Christian has to study the bibles languages .. This is why many Christians scholars produced such great works as the Strongs Concordance, and other works .
This is a sober minded and true statement, halleluYah! May Yah guide His people!