The Return of the Shadow

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
L

Larry_Stotle

One Ring to rule them all and in the darkness bind them​

We have the premillennial ring

The dispensational ring

The millennial ring

The amillennial ring

And a few other rings that don't ring a bell right now - however, they are all ruled by the One Ring - the future ring.

Col 2:17 KJV) Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Yet the shadows are back.

When they claim a future restoration of national Israel they change the shadow into the substance while rejecting the work of Christ.

(Col 2:13 KJV) And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

(Col 2:14 KJV) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

(Col 2:15 KJV) And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

(Col 2:16 KJV) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

(Col 2:17 KJV) Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Israel's physical things were shadows of the spiritual in Christ.

The shadows disappeared in the destruction of the temple in 70AD and the waxing old of the Mosaic covenant.

Israel's physical things (priesthood, temple, sacrifices, feasts and laws) were shadows of the spiritual in Christ.

(Heb 8:13 KJV) In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Those attempting to keep the Law have failed to understand it's purpose:

(Rom 5:20 KJV) Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound..

Paul stated that the Law is the "ministration of death:

(2 Cor 3:7 KJV) But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

(2 Cor 3:8 KJV) How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

The ministration of the spirit has replaced the ministration of death which was done away with the destruction of the temple in 70AD.

People promoting the law are proclaiming themselves bigamists and adulterers by claiming to be married to both Christ and Moses:

(Rom 7:3 KJV) So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

(Rom 7:4 KJV) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Not only are they bigamists and adulterers they are claiming that the Law gives life rather than death:

(Rom 7:10 KJV) And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

So these Lawyers, Feast and sabbath Keepers are all claiming contrary to scripture that their practices give life rather death.

They have aligned themselves with the dead aka the 1st century children of Agar:

(Gal 4:22 KJV) For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

(Gal 4:23 KJV) But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

(Gal 4:24 KJV) Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

(Gal 4:25 KJV) For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

(Gal 4:30 KJV) Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
I could really care less about all of the premil, mil, amil stuff.

But now I really want to watch Lord of the Rings.

Thanks for the encouragement Larry!

L

Larry_Stotle

I could really care less about all of the premil, mil, amil stuff.

But now I really want to watch Lord of the Rings.

Thanks for the encouragement Larry!
I only watched the first movie - I prefer the books which I read in my teens.

Enjoy!!

KohenMatt

Jun 28, 2013
It will still be a little while till I get back to those. Wifey and I watched the whole thing about a year ago. We're not quite due yet.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
One Ring to rule them all and in the darkness bind them​

We have the premillennial ring

The dispensational ring

The millennial ring

The amillennial ring

And a few other rings that don't ring a bell right now - however, they are all ruled by the One Ring - the future ring.

Col 2:17 KJV) Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Yet the shadows are back.

When they claim a future restoration of national Israel they change the shadow into the substance while rejecting the work of Christ.

(Col 2:13 KJV) And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;

(Col 2:14 KJV) Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

(Col 2:15 KJV) And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a show of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

(Col 2:16 KJV) Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

(Col 2:17 KJV) Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

Israel's physical things were shadows of the spiritual in Christ.

The shadows disappeared in the destruction of the temple in 70AD and the waxing old of the Mosaic covenant.

Israel's physical things (priesthood, temple, sacrifices, feasts and laws) were shadows of the spiritual in Christ.

(Heb 8:13 KJV) In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Those attempting to keep the Law have failed to understand it's purpose:

(Rom 5:20 KJV) Moreover the law entered, that the offence might abound..

Paul stated that the Law is the "ministration of death:

(2 Cor 3:7 KJV) But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:

(2 Cor 3:8 KJV) How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?

The ministration of the spirit has replaced the ministration of death which was done away with the destruction of the temple in 70AD.

People promoting the law are proclaiming themselves bigamists and adulterers by claiming to be married to both Christ and Moses:

(Rom 7:3 KJV) So then if, while her husband liveth, she be married to another man, she shall be called an adulteress: but if her husband be dead, she is free from that law; so that she is no adulteress, though she be married to another man.

(Rom 7:4 KJV) Wherefore, my brethren, ye also are become dead to the law by the body of Christ; that ye should be married to another, even to him who is raised from the dead, that we should bring forth fruit unto God.

Not only are they bigamists and adulterers they are claiming that the Law gives life rather than death:

(Rom 7:10 KJV) And the commandment, which was ordained to life, I found to be unto death.

So these Lawyers, Feast and sabbath Keepers are all claiming contrary to scripture that their practices give life rather death.

They have aligned themselves with the dead aka the 1st century children of Agar:

(Gal 4:22 KJV) For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

(Gal 4:23 KJV) But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise.

(Gal 4:24 KJV) Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

(Gal 4:25 KJV) For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

(Gal 4:30 KJV) Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
You can't hold up the vanishing Mosaic Covenant , you know, the unconditional covenant and say 'no future for Israel'.
Try holding up the Abrahamic Covenant an eternal covenant to Israel. Mixing covenants will only produce a mixed up eschatology.

L

Larry_Stotle

You can't hold up the vanishing Mosaic Covenant , you know, the unconditional covenant and say 'no future for Israel'.
Try holding up the Abrahamic Covenant an eternal covenant to Israel. Mixing covenants will only produce a mixed up eschatology.
The promise to Israel and the fathers were confirmed in the NT testament - you just don't understand what those promises entailed:

(Rom 15:8 KJV) Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers:

(Gal 3:16 KJV) Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

crossnote

Nov 24, 2012
Now I say that Jesus Christ was a minister of the circumcision for the truth of God, to confirm the promises made unto the fathers: And that the Gentiles might glorify God for his mercy; as it is written, For this cause I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name. And again he saith, Rejoice, ye Gentiles, with his people. And again, Praise the Lord, all ye Gentiles; and laud him, all ye people. And again, Esaias saith, There shall be a root of Jesse, and he that shall rise to reign over the Gentiles; in him shall the Gentiles trust.
(Rom 15:8-12)

Yes Praise God the Gentiles are partakers of the spiritual blessings which was promised to Abraham and his seed.