The rock and hard place secnario

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
G

Gadget

Im not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. For the past 6 years ive struggled with my faith cause any church i got too ive been treated as a frwak or an outcast. Despite my desire to be apart of the grouo. So needless to say i had enough and xalled it quits thinking that tge church was just as coorupt as any other business out there.

But i never knew what to do about God. He had never done me any wrong. Nor did Jesus. The worst of it was how could he have forsaken me so much? So as i explored more about finding out who God realky is, i asked him for one thing. Something i felt shouldnt be all that difgicult. "send a christian into my life that i can actualky talk and ligitamitly give a crap.)

Well a friend that ive become cloce too used a new word last night in describing himself. "believer" i always knew he studied as i did cause he wanted the truth. But hes never used that term before. So as i was doing my rounds it hit me like a bad fish. This was the person God sent. Now im skeptical. Ive talked to oyhers who are tge same way. Right?

But even coincedences is streyching when i found my friend new testiment laying outside in the rain right after this revelation. Plus the fact that even though the cover and back were soaked. The pages were barely wet. Now if god is trying to tell me something. Thats a huge pink neon sign. But now that im studying tge word again, what do i do about a chirch? All the ones ive found so far leave much to be desited. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-gadg

S

sveinen

Christ, The Eternal High One Totally Mastered Perfect Float no sweat when He Was Chilling In His Tomb and what not.
His Body The Church Is Supreme LoveMachine Marching Disciples Doing Right Right Right, Well Saved In Loving Action Himself.
THAT IS ACTIVELY REACHING LOVING.

May 15, 2013
Im not one to look a gift horse in the mouth. For the past 6 years ive struggled with my faith cause any church i got too ive been treated as a freak or an outcast. Despite my desire to be apart of the group. So needless to say i had enough and called it quits thinking that the church was just as corrupt as any other business out there.

But i never knew what to do about God. He had never done me any wrong. Nor did Jesus. The worst of it was how could he have forsaken me so much? So as i explored more about finding out who God really is, i asked him for one thing. Something i felt shouldn't be all that difficult. "send a christian into my life that i can actually talk and ligitament give a crap.)

Well a friend that ive become close too used a new word last night in describing himself. "believer" i always knew he studied as i did cause he wanted the truth. But hes never used that term before. So as i was doing my rounds it hit me like a bad fish. This was the person God sent. Now im skeptical. Ive talked to others who are the same way. Right?

But even coincidence is stretching when i found my friend new testament laying outside in the rain right after this revelation. Plus the fact that even though the cover and back were soaked. The pages were barely wet. Now if god is trying to tell me something. That's a huge pink neon sign. But now that im studying the word again, what do i do about a church? All the ones ive found so far leave much to be decided. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

-gadg
Jesus had a hard time finding a church, only places that He'd went that He thought was a church, whine up being a place full of hustlers, using God's name for their vain activities to gain riches.

[h=1]hustler[/h]

[huhs-ler] Spell Syllables

noun1.an enterprising person determined to succeed; go-getter.

2.Slang. a person who employs fraudulent or unscrupulous methods toobtain money; swindler.

3.Informal. an expert gambler or game player who seeks outchallengers, especially unsuspecting amateur ones, in order to winmoney from them:He earned his living as a pool hustler.

4.Slang. a prostitute.

K

kaylagrl

I have no idea what the second post said.lol ? Anyhow I had the same problem.Just newly married I was looking for a church to attend.But churches I had gone to had big splits and it was too much for me.I happened to find a little country church.The preacher is really a good teacher.The people are mostly older but very friendly and open.So you may have to look a while but there are good churches out there.

mailmandan

Apr 7, 2014
The very first church that I attended after becoming a Christian seemed great at first, but after 6 months or so, I started to become discouraged with the behavior of others. Many were very cliquish, others were legalistic and others acted self righteous. I remember turning to my wife during a service there and telling her, "saved or not saved people are still people!" After leaving there, we attended a wonderful church for 12 years until a new Pastor took over and then everything became about money and building a new mega church. People in the congregation who followed him there seemed to be caught up in what I call THE BIG SHOW! It can be hard to find a really good church.

C

ChristIsGod

What good does it do to go to a church where you have to sit there and either wonder if they're interpreting The Word correctly or sit there knowing that they're not. How is that 'Edifying'?
One man, up there at the pulpit, that's normally quoting from commentaries or other teachers that he likes and we have to get up and drive there to hear him quoting others?

Paul got alone with God after he spent some time with Ananias and got his sight back and visited the other apostles and could claim that he was not Taught by men but by God.

How can one be a Berean, if all they do is sit there like a baby bird, taking in whatever comes out of one man's mouth or a man's writings.

John 16:13 says that His Spirit of Truth will lead us into all truth and even show us things to come.
HE can be trusted to not give us 'mixed cloth' or Worse.

I believe in being with the saints and also to be there for those that haven't found Him yet --- but as far as "who to believe" ... that takes our own Studying and Thank God with computers and Bible programs -- even the free ones -- we can do that and should and need to -- desperately.

When we stand before The Throne and He asks us - Why did you believe what you believed? ... He will not take the answer that "So and so Taught me this - or preached this."
No, He won't take that answer from Any of us ... He'll say something like ... "I left you MY WORD and MY SPIRIT OF TRUTH to guide you into Truth ... what did you do with ME, The Word of GOD ... The Way - The Truth and The Light ?"

Once a person has sufficiently gotten to know what's in their New Testament and it's deposited into their spirit [for His Word is spirit so that's where it's stored] HE will bring it back to our remembrance, what we have read and THEN we'll know which Pastor, Preacher, Teacher or whomever is telling us The Truth.

'Bless you' in your searching out & for The King of kings ~ our Savior!!

K

kaylagrl

The very first church that I attended after becoming a Christian seemed great at first, but after 6 months or so, I started to become discouraged with the behavior of others. Many were very cliquish, others were legalistic and others acted self righteous. I remember turning to my wife during a service there and telling her, "saved or not saved people are still people!" After leaving there, we attended a wonderful church for 12 years until a new Pastor took over and then everything became about money and building a new mega church. People in the congregation who followed him there seemed to be caught up in what I call THE BIG SHOW! It can be hard to find a really good church.

Reminds me of a church I attended.We had taken over the building of another church that didnt have enough members to keep it open.A new young pastor came in an nothin doin he had to have a sign out front with the church name.But not just any sign,a sign that cost 20,000.Oh it was pretty, LED messages lit up the night,a thing to behold! He ended up leaving the church,taking them for all they were worth. A new pastor is there now,I left years ago.We had a bad storm a few months ago and I drove by the sign and it was gone.Come to find out lightening had hit it,was that a sign? pardon the pun.Drove by a few weeks ago and a newly placed,non electronic,plain sign stood in its place.Theres a lesson in there somewhere I think...

Jun 4, 2014
Keep studying on your own. No building is needed.

JesusLives

Oct 11, 2013
First and foremost PRAY and ask God to lead you where He wants you to go. Remember church is not heaven....church is a hospital for sinners and we are not perfect. Please also remember when you go to church you are going to be with God. We humans will fail you because we are sinful and have fallen natures. God will not fail you He is faithful. Praying you will find a church family that will love and accept you and even if you don't find one here on earth. God accepts you and loves you. Ask and seek and you will find.

If you were in Florida I'd ask you to go to church with me, but don't know your location.....

E

elf3

Pray to God for guidance. He will show you where to go but you must also take some action. Some of the process in finding a church that "fits" you is research. Look on the Web for churches in your area. See what they have to offer, read their confession of faith. Then after you think you might have found one that "fits" you go to a service and listen to the message being taught. Again pray to God for guidance. When you find that church it will be evident through the Holy Spirit speaking to you.

Yet

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Christ, The Eternal High One Totally Mastered Perfect Float no sweat when He Was Chilling In His Tomb and what not.
His Body The Church Is Supreme LoveMachine Marching Disciples Doing Right Right Right, Well Saved In Loving Action Himself.
THAT IS ACTIVELY REACHING LOVING.
Huh? Can you put that in laymans language? I r a little slow. Smile!

S

sveinen

Huh? Can you put that in laymans language? I r a little slow. Smile!
you're telling me there's smiling?!? thanks ;)