The Thirteen Principles

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arel

Banned
Sep 25, 2009
What I Believe:

1. I believe with perfect faith that G-d is the Creator and Ruler of all things. He alone has made, does make, and will make all things.

2. I believe with perfect faith that G-d is One. There is no unity that is in any way like His. He alone is our G-d He was, He is, and He will be.

3. I believe with perfect faith that G-d does not have a body. physical concepts do not apply to Him. There is nothing whatsoever that resembles Him at all.

4. I believe with perfect faith that G-d is first and last.

5. I believe with perfect faith that it is only proper to pray to G-d. One may not pray to anyone or anything else.

6. I believe with perfect faith that all the words of the prophets are true.

7. I believe with perfect faith that the prophecy of Moses is absolutely true. He was the chief of all prophets, both before and after Him.

8. I believe with perfect faith that the entire Torah that we now have is that which was given to Moses.

9. I believe with perfect faith that this Torah will not be changed, and that there will never be another given by G-d.

10. I believe with perfect faith that G-d knows all of man's deeds and thoughts. It is thus written (Psalm 33:15), "He has molded every heart together, He understands what each one does."

11. I believe with perfect faith that G-d rewards those who keep His commandments, and punishes those who transgress Him.

12. I believe with perfect faith in the coming of the Messiah. How long it takes, I will await His coming every day.

13. I believe with perfect faith that the dead will be brought back to life when G-d wills it to happen.

L

Leilaii425

15. I believe i can fly.

J

Jezreel

It don't matter how we defend what we believe or try to convince others to believe us. Let God be true and every man be a liar. Jesus Christ is lord and the day is coming when every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that he is Lord to the glory of the Father.

L

lil-rush

12. You believe in His coming or in His return? Because He's already come once, babe.

13. Could you expand on this? please

J

Jezreel

Are you asking me dahling? In Luke it speaks about him coming in the second watch or third watch. Luke 37-48. It is very interesting. The evil servants says in his heart, "my Lord delays his coming and so he eats and drinks with the drunken and smites his fellow sevants. The Lord comes on the day that he is not looking for him and catches him and cuts him asunder and appoints him a portion alongside the unbelievers.

Jul 17, 2009
[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNRdR9oNDB4[/video]

J

Jezreel

Jesus said, "do not pray in repetition as they heathens do, for they think God will hear them from their much speaking"

Jul 17, 2009
Jesus said, "do not pray in repetition as they heathens do, for they think God will hear them from their much speaking"
VAIN REPETITIONS?
©1999 by Orchid Land Publications
How do you convince an evangelical or Mark Twain that
a forty-fold "Lord have mercy" is not "vain repetition"?

Or that the never-ending repetition by monx of the Jesus prayer isn't one? First of all, repetition has to do with quantity, not quality. Repetition is therefore not equivalent to vanity (vainness); a repetition can be vain or not vain. Repeating the Jesus prayer in a moment of temptation over and over is good when it distracts the mind from the temptation and concentrates it on something good and necessary. If "Lord, have mercy" is good once, how does it become bad the fortieth time--assuming a sincere intent on the part of the one praying? Does asking for something repeatedly make the request less good, less urgent, less valid? Don't many evangelicals say the Lord's prayer at every service? And isn't that a repetition. The only difference is that those repetitions are a day or week apart instead of a second apart--which does make any qualitative difference to their being repetitions. (Why should THAT quantitative difference be of any importance to those who reject time and tradition in the first place, freezing truth in the period when the Bible was penned and not worrying about the consequence of having to believe that the Holy Spirit went to sleep from that time till Martin Luther and Calvin--despite Jesus's words in John 16:13 and Paul's in 2 Thes.?)

As already said, one must distinguish quality from quantity (repetition). Does listening to or re-reading a favorite sermon many times make either the sermon or the act of repeating it better or worse? Doesn't the answer depend on the quality of the work and the motive or intent, and other things, on the reader's part--things that have nothing to do with repeating? A repetition is a repetition is a repetition whether of Jesus's words or whether done one second or one day or one week apart. Whether a repetition is vain depends on the quality of what is repeated and its use, effect, sincerity, etc. If repetition redoubles and emphasizes a plea for mercy or distracts us from evil thoughts, its use and effect are good; and if done with sincerity, what possible objection is there? If repetition were qualitatively evil in and of itself and could make "Lord, have mercy" bad, then it would be bad even once. How can the repetition in (or of) minimalist music make it bad? That would be hard to argue for for Nyman's piano concerto, etc.

The whole argument, once dissected, falls apart, mainly over a confusion of quantity with quality. In fact, how could it be sillier? But it's hard "to convince an evangelical" (or a "catholic" or an "orthodox") when it goes against matters they take for granted-- reason aside.

T. R. Valentine has also pointed out that most Evangelicals fail to understand the meaning of "vain repetition": "It does not refer to repeating the same prayer, but to the pagan practise of attempting to win favour from the gods by naming all their 'titles' and 'honours.'" He also asks: "How would one engage in unceasing prayer without repetition?"

L

lil-rush

Are you asking me dahling? In Luke it speaks about him coming in the second watch or third watch. Luke 37-48. It is very interesting. The evil servants says in his heart, "my Lord delays his coming and so he eats and drinks with the drunken and smites his fellow sevants. The Lord comes on the day that he is not looking for him and catches him and cuts him asunder and appoints him a portion alongside the unbelievers.
Well, I was asking Arel, but I'll take your opinion too. thanks :)

Good scripture. It will be a sad day for many when Jesus returns and they are not ready for His return.

L

lil-rush

Basically, I believe in the resurrection of the dead.
oh... well I was overcomplicating that in my mind, trying to figure out what you meant.

Status
Not open for further replies.