THE TRIDICTIONS OF MAN IN THE CHURCH

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie39

Oct 5, 2009
what is your Church like? are there too many man made tridictions. and do they promote riches for the Pastor or do they help other people.

for instance;
1: the Pastor's anniversary (month)
2: Pastor's birthday
3: deacon bord
4: nurses board
5: the mother's board
6: hireing a Pastor
7: or paying some one to preach. the members ante-up instead of going into the church funds to give a thanks offering to the person who visited and gave "a good word"
I have been to churches where they said that noone can leave till they got all the money they needed. ( as it was not coming out of their pockets ( our money we gave to the church ) they even had a credit card machin,( I tell you no lie)
are you made to think they work for you and you owe them. that they are the good ground the seed (your money) should be planted in? that you should carry their brief case; as they call it (their mantel).
make deacons of men who only been members for a week or a month? men who they don't know anything about? and so much more.... Jesus never had a birthday nor did the Apostles. nor did they mention ed an anniversary... do they help or hurt?

I

iraasuup

What?

I'm confused. I'm assuming you mean traditions... but I have no clue about the ones you mentioned...or how they may be used to generate funds.

That is new to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.