The 'What Would Make You NOT Single' Thread

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
So, inspired by the many "Why are you still single?" threads that have arisen over the past year and the two or three still being posted in currently, I have an antithesis: "What would make you NOT single?"

Now, I already know that trolls are gonna jump right in with "A boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife" etc etc. Very funny, we all acknowledge your witty remark.

...but with that out of the way... really, what would change things for you to be in a relationship? If you're having trouble picking up what I'm putting down, let me answer the question to give you an example.

For me, personally, I think there are a couple specific issues. Many of us struggle with self-esteem and other things, so a woman who honestly likes who I am and how I look, could verbally tell me that over and over (without being too annoyed by this fact), and also accept my genuine compliments and affections would be incredibly helpful toward 'not singleness'. We call this 'verbal intimacy'. Being loving in your words like you are in your touch. The love languages call this 'Words of Affirmation'. That's important to me, and would certainly help in a relationship.

Similarly, I'm a messed up, broken human being who God has loved, forgiven, and has to work with every day. I think I'd need a woman who is either as broken and forgiving as I am, or at least has great patience and endurance to deal with all my 'junk', the same way I, as her partner, would need to be able to deal with hers.

So, there are some examples. I'm also plunged...I mean, drowning...in my love of music, so a woman who could sing or play instruments, or at least really love, appreciate, and be able to put up with my constant song listening, writing, playing, referencing, etc... would also be a great blessing.

Those are things specific to me, which could possibly be in the 'why are you still single' thread, but are more geared at what kind of partner could come along that would make you not single. Get it? So, what about you?

Last edited:
A

Abing

A long long time ago, someone asked me what I was looking for in a guy. Without thinking about it, I said, "someone who's better than me in everything." Boy, did that come true. Someone who could speak Ruby on rails and Python, studied classical music since a kid, someone who always won an argument and who loved more than I could. Needless to say, that wasn't a very good idea at all.

Now, with a renewed perspective in life, someone who's all out for Jesus and people; who has a heart for even the most unlikable person on earth; who will never think twice about standing up for God; someone who's more devoted to God than I am, will probably make me re-evaluate my values in life and change my mind about settling down lol. But then again, I have to up my game so we can lift each other up. :)

M

Miri

1) A man after God's own heart.
2) A man who is wise,understanding, empathic.
3) A man who is looking for a wife, not a substitute mother - lol
4) A man who shares my interest in music. I play the saxophone, but in the
past have also played the flute, guitar, key board,
5) A man who can see past my mixed race roots and doesn't get hung up on it.
6) Throw in a big mansion, a few billion pounds, swimming pool,
city and country house, a few red setters, duck pond and that's just about me sorted :D

JonahLynx

Dec 28, 2014
The kind who enters a room in the back and doesn't care whether she is noticed leaving.
The kind who speaks with her eyes and sees with her voice.
The kind who loves herself without someone else's beauty.
A lily among thorns.

A

Abing

6) Throw in a big mansion, a few billion pounds, swimming pool,
city and country house, a few red setters, duck pond and that's just about me sorted :D
Not a bad idea at all. ;)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
Abing: Ruby on Rails and Python? And you let him get away?!! :p

Just kidding of course. The "always won an argument" alone would kick him out of the game.

G

Gator_chic

I find dating to be so incredibly difficult for a number of reasons. The biggest reason is I really want someone that is Christian in their life and actions not just the name. I find so many times that people will claim the label of Christian because that is how they were raised and they may even have a belief but they don't seem to be living out that faith. I really would love to find someone that would pray with me and love me second to God.

BruceWayne

Aug 7, 2013
Gotham City
I don't really see dating as a big deal, but that's just me. It depends on myself. If I want to, I will.

But as far as what I would look for... I'm not really into specifics. Brown eyes, blonde hair, and the ability to at least pretend to like sports helps lol.

I guess if I had to list something real; someone who not only gets my sense of humor, but has one of her own, would be nice. I like to joke, laugh, and have fun, so I really wouldn't go for someone that's super serious.

C

CarolSampaio

These threads are funny...

Why are you still single?? "Cause I haven't found someone so and so"

What would make you not single? "Finding someone so and so"

Well... I'm not really hard to please... and I am easily entertained... but I guess what would make me not single is finding someone who loves me as I am... who respects me and is there for me... and someone who makes me wanna tacklet him to the ground (in the good way, of course)... :) Everything else (for me) is embellishment...

I don't need this or that color of hair or skin, or a specific body tipe... I would only like him to be taller than me, but that's it... fit, chuby, blond, brunette, white, black, latino, asian, musician, nerd, sports freak, sedentary, whatever... there's beauty everywhere... and two people with totally different tastes can find common ground... maybe not as easily with people with similar tastes, but they can... and I do believe that what makes you click goes beyond mere looks...

I guess that's it...

Siela01

Sep 23, 2015
These threads are funny...

Why are you still single?? "Cause I haven't found someone so and so"

What would make you not single? "Finding someone so and so"

Well... I'm not really hard to please... and I am easily entertained... but I guess what would make me not single is finding someone who loves me as I am... who respects me and is there for me... and someone who makes me wanna tacklet him to the ground (in the good way, of course)... :) Everything else (for me) is embellishment...

I don't need this or that color of hair or skin, or a specific body tipe... I would only like him to be taller than me, but that's it... fit, chuby, blond, brunette, white, black, latino, asian, musician, nerd, sports freak, sedentary, whatever... there's beauty everywhere... and two people with totally different tastes can find common ground... maybe not as easily with people with similar tastes, but they can... and I do believe that what makes you click goes beyond mere looks...

I guess that's it...
Lol this's a simple answer..:p yes... the iner beauty and make feel happy and comfortable... agree!!!

Last edited:

Siela01

Sep 23, 2015
Why are u still single? Bcs I'm waiting to God give me in perfect time:)
What would make u not single ? Bcs God was give me the best in Him plans..

seekeruvtruth

Dec 19, 2012
Matthew 19:6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate." King James Bible
"Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder." so if YHVH arranges that i be wed. i have a troubled past. i guess someone who isnt obsessed with population control, drugs,tv or fallible human violence would be nice. im outdoorsie too not a couch potato. oh, and someone who likes sheep, plants and wool too and or chickens and amish tendencies.

Nautilus

Jun 29, 2012
Lol this is a list I dont want to take the time to write and no one wants to take the time to read.

S

sassylady

Absolutely a man who is compassionate and sensitive to others about him. A man who loves and seeks God each day. And somebody who would love my children and not see them as an inconvenience.

D

Donkeyfish07

Someone who could speak Ruby on rails and Python
.import joke(sys)

If donkey != single:
..Then shoot donkey
....Else: All == Good

If All == Good:
..Then freedom == maintained

:p

seoulsearch

OutWrite Trouble
May 23, 2009
Lol this is a list I dont want to take the time to write and no one wants to take the time to read.
Hopefully you'll change your mind?

I find your posts interesting and actually wish you'd post more often here (in Singles.)

Lynx

Folksy yet erudite
Aug 13, 2014
.import joke(sys)

If donkey != single:
..Then shoot donkey

If All == Good:

Thank you donkeyfish. Today at work has been hectic so far. I needed a grin.

Dec 1, 2014
Ear plugs. Definitely ear plugs. :p

A

Abing

Abing: Ruby on Rails and Python? And you let him get away?!! :p

Just kidding of course. The "always won an argument" alone would kick him out of the game.
Lol! I know right. Now I must go and edit my listing...

.import joke(sys)

If donkey != single:
..Then shoot donkey

If All == Good:

Freedom. Maintained. Lol.