There may have been a thousand of these...

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
but then...I wasn't a part of them. So, if a picture is worth a thousand words...then...

Everyone has 'standards', things they look for, and people they are more or less attracted to...my question, then, is what are yours? What kind of person is it that you are or are not looking for? What's your 'list', and why?

I'll share mine should this thread get some decent (multiple pages) participation, because it's a bit of a long story...(which is fine, so please post yours too)

JimJimmers

Apr 26, 2012
*Describes Nod in creepy detail* :D

Seriously, I don't have a whole lot of concrete standards. I'm not hung up on a certain hair color or height. Here is a short list of things I just love:

Long hair. it doesn't have to be curly or blonde, just clean and cared for.

Bright eyes, naturally. Do not be deceived, mascara won't do the trick. You must have a clear conscience.

A sense of humor. Note that this does NOT mean you have to be a hilarious person with wicked comedic timing. It only means you can see and appreciate humor where it exists.

And, of course, no gingers, but that's a given [dies in a hail of suntan lotion bottles] Love you, redheaded women of CC! :D

May 9, 2012
My standards? Hmmmmmmmmm...so many!

1.) They must be a person of the opposite sex.
2.) They must care about their health. They don't have to be obnoxiously skinny either.
3.) I love the brown hair and blue eyes combo.
4.) I don't like my future men being more than 6' 5" feet tall. I am only 5' 5".
5.) They need to be witty. I appreciate it.
6.) They have to know their manners. Chivalry is a must!
7.) They need to respect MY standards! I can't help I am attracted to certain people lol.
8.) They need to know how to keep their pants above their hips. I don't wanna see their junk!
8.) They must either be looking for a job or have a job. I don't like lazy people. (You need to give me a really good reason why you do not have a job.)
9.) From former experience, I prefer not dating people with a criminal history.
10.) I will be living in England within the next 10 years or so to work with anti-sex trafficking organizations there. My future partner would have to respect my desires for that kind of work before they even take hold of my heart.
11.) Respect my parents and you shall be blessed in return!
12.) I love humor but there is a time to be serious. They should know when to recognize when it is appropriate or inappropriate.
13.) Objects do not buy my heart or my affections. Gifts are nice but they do not convince me very well.

There are more but these are just the tip of the ice berg.

N

NodMyHeadLikeYeah

*Describes Nod in creepy detail* Seriously!
He's not kidding people! :D

Firstly he must realize the way to my heart is through material possessions.

Secondly he can't mind if i become morbidly obese, like you have to cut a hole in the roof and lift me out with a crane kinda obese. I'm 30 its time to let myself go.

Thirdly he must tell me i'm pretty AND MEAN IT!

Fourthly he has to like The history channel

Fifthly he must never talk to me in the morning... EVER!!!

Alright Jim... heres your chance :p

Z

zaoman32

I need a fellow stalker.

C

Catlynn

Someone who can wade through the bushes outside of someone's house without making noise?

Good luck.

Women are noisy. :p

*is suddenly reminded of a Buffy episode where the Scooby gang patrol with Riley for vampires while eating potato chips and talking amongst themselves*

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I honestly have so much tied up in personality that I haven't really given much thought to what I think someone should look like in order for me to be attracted to them. I almost just wanted to say something MBTI related but, in this realm its pretty irrelevant.

Tall is good- I'm tall I feel more comfortable and confident with someone closer to my height.

Athletic - They don't have to be P90X and Crossfit champs but I want someone who can throw shoot hoops catch kick run jump swim ride punch and dive. Oddly enough these things are not mutually exclusive. Sporty women can be great at sports and terrible at Crossfit and vice versa. So just to be clear, I'm not necessarily into the Running & Crossfit guru, I'm into their volleyball playing cousin who swims plays soccer and can throw a spiral. I don't like being with someone who can only cheer me on, I want a coordinated accomplice and teammate.

Hair: Not Blonde. I'm not picky about length, unless it becomes hazardously long. I'm good Even if its shorter than mine ;)

No big Hoop Earrings. No obnoxious Jewelry. No clumsy heels. I don't like feeling like I'm walking next to a Neanderthal wearing a display rack of the latest fashion accessories. I realize women dress for each other, but if we are painting a picture, there is nothing graceful about being uncomfortable for fashion.

I'm pretty cool about ladies just wearing workout stuff like Yoga pants, sweat pants, shorts, windbreakers, flannel PJ's. I think its great for road trips, around the house, grocery store visits, fast food, flying, pretty much everything. If its comfortable and you feel great, go for it. Jeans and Dresses are cool too. :)

<nice outfit.

At the end of the day I think it is about grace adaptability and being comfortable.

T

Tintin

Christian
One who desires to study the Bible and pray regularly together
Have amazing eyes
Fun-loving
Quirky
Intelligent
Interesting
Good with kids (no, I don't have any)
Be shorter than me
Share some of my interests
Understand my quirkiness
Respect my loved ones
Must love hugs and cuddling (my love language is physical touch)

Liamson

Feb 3, 2010
I think I misread the intent of the OP. =/

meh... *shrug*

C

Catlynn

Preferably someone of the opposite gender and not a mutant. :D

CatHerder

Mar 20, 2013
Well, for starters, she should be a member of the opposite sex. It's also preferable that she was born that way.

Fenner

Jan 26, 2013
Christian
One who desires to study the Bible and pray regularly together
Have amazing eyes
Fun-loving
Quirky
Intelligent
Interesting
Good with kids (no, I don't have any)
Be shorter than me
Share some of my interests
Understand my quirkiness
Respect my loved ones
Must love hugs and cuddling (my love language is physical touch)

If I was your Mom that list would touch my heart. I hope my children have lists like that someday. I don't know what's wrong with those Aussie women passing up someone like you.

M

MissCris

*stumbles around trying to find the exit*

Wrong thread...mumble mumble...was looking for the ice cream....

P

Powemm

The image of Christ , to look in a mirror and He see a reflection of Himself .

AsifinPassing

Jul 13, 2010
Thanks for sharing everyone!

Liamson: You're fine, bro! The point of this was to describe what kind of partner you were looking for in physical or spiritual or personality or whatever terms...so you were completely in bounds with what you wrote! ^^

I

iTOREtheSKY

Grumpy Cat only approves of one thing... gumpy vs grumpy cat.jpg

Oct 11, 2012
Ah, interesting.

If I were to describe my 'type', he would be incredibly debonair and charming, preferably with a handlebar mustache.
A top hat would be a plus, maybe a Doc Holliday type. The Tombstone version, not Wyatt Earp's Revenge or anything like that.
I like men who are intelligent and witty; that is very important.
He has to have a good heart and family-oriented.
He can't be too sensitive, clingy, or romantic.
Someone who keeps me waiting expectantly, and wanting to learn more. There has to be mystery, so I can figure him out over time.
I prefer dark eyes and hair, but I'm not really picky about that.
As far as height, the taller the better.
Annnnd, body type. Well, surprisingly enough nothing turns me off more than muscles. You know that in between place where skinny meets average? That's right where I like em'.

J

Jullianna

Intelligent
Compassionate
Sense of humor....as long as it is not at the expense of others, he can laugh at himself and understands that there is a time to be serious
Must.love.God and music (non-negotiable)
Good work ethic
Active/sporty/healthy, but not a nutcase about it
Appreciates quiet time
Has interests of his own
MATURE
Emotionally healthy; not needy
Confident in who he is; comfortable in his own skin (but NOT COCKY)

If we are talking about physical things, the first things to catch my eye are these:

GOOD PERSONAL HYGIENE...cannot stress this enough :)
A confident walk
Looks me in the eye
Nice smile
Curious eyes; color not important
Am usually drawn to men with dark hair, but it's not a rule :)
I kinda have a thing for nice shoulders

I

iTOREtheSKY

Intelligent
Compassionate
Sense of humor....as long as it is not at the expense of others, he can laugh at himself and understands that there is a time to be serious
Must.love.God and music (non-negotiable)
Good work ethic
Active/sporty/healthy, but not a nutcase about it
Appreciates quiet time
Has interests of his own
MATURE
Emotionally healthy; not needy
Confident in who he is; comfortable in his own skin (but NOT COCKY)

If we are talking about physical things, the first things to catch my eye are these:

GOOD PERSONAL HYGIENE...cannot stress this enough :)
A confident walk
Looks me in the eye
Nice smile
Curious eyes; color not important
Am usually drawn to men with dark hair, but it's not a rule :)
I kinda have a thing for nice shoulders
I present to you....iTOREtheSKY! lol j/k