This site

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Y

yoej_ogart

I have been apart of this site for a month now? Well.. I can already tell that God is moving through this site in his people.. BUT what I've noticed is that many of us are arguing.. dis agreeing.. yelling.. being sarcastic.. we gotta stop!! Yes, it's okay to be mad or angry about something somebody says but not to show it! All we can do about that thing that makes us this way, is pray about it.. pray for them!

We gotta start sticking together! Throughout this world, many of us are starting to break apart, just because of a little disagreement. That's why there is radical Christianity, religious Christianity, Mormons, Jehovah witnesses, catholics, Jews.. ecs ecs.. Since the beginning of people being around each other, they have begun to dis agree about something that was said and done.. So they go separate ways and tell others what they themselves believe, sometimes the people that they ended up going to agreed with that person. Same thing goes for the other person.. Well soon they formed groups.. Let's say one group were Jehovah witnesses who thought and believed this or that happened, or is happening.. The other group, hmm? Mormons! Let's say that.. and soon those two groups start going around telling other people what they believe, soon, there are tons of people..

We just keep separating, because most of the people only wanna be around the ones that'll agree with them! ...I mean seriously! It ends up not being a good thing, okay.. For example.. let's say this guy didn't like the super bowl team, yuh know the toughest guys haha.. well he went around saying that he probably could take em or he just doesn't think this or that of em.. Well he finds this guy who ends up being his friend, why? Because he agrees with him about those guys. So they end up going inside the room with all the football guys, intending to beat em up. Now picture them all buff.. His friend tells the guy who hates em, "Go ahead! You can take em." .......Do you actually think that friend is right? haha.. one guy, one tiny guy taking on about 30 football guys who are super buff!? lol.. Nah, a truuee friend would say the opposite haha..

What I'm trying to say is, we gotta learn how to stick together.. Read the Word more.. Talk to people who may disagree with you, so that you could take it in, consider it.. (not arguing back) and pray about it, ask God what his opinion is. Us Christians(like the bible says) are the ones that reign the earth for Him. We are high above all else.. We have Word in our hearts, and love(half of us) like no one else. We shouldn't be going around talking negative or dis agreeing with things, 'cuz as far as they know? Your the devil or your a bad person.. But really, your a Christian.. a child of God, but how your going around doing that, shows them otherwise. So think for a sec, we gotta start loving and less arguing.. Even if that other person is so wrong compared to your opinion? Say, "Okay, now may I share my opinion?" or just say "Okay.." don't get all fired up about it, or start arguing or dis agreeing and getting all sarcastic. I used to do this, a lot.. Well when I was spoken this, I felt so convicted. You are free to share your opinion.. God bless!! Love you all

Btw.. It IS okay to share your opinions on some cases.. but I think it's best to either ask
that someone if you may share your opinion or say it humbly.. With peace inside you, like if you ever get mad about something, calm yourself, and then speak.. I try this method all the time.. It's helping me..

Jan 31, 2009
!!!

I have been apart of this site for a month now? Well.. I can already tell that God is moving through this site in his people.. BUT what I've noticed is that many of us are arguing.. dis agreeing.. yelling.. being sarcastic.. we gotta stop!! Yes, it's okay to be mad or angry about something somebody says but not to show it! All we can do about that thing that makes us this way, is pray about it.. pray for them!

when someone starts off with a false statement, it is usually hard to take stock in anything else they have said. so let me address, what I believe to be your drive for this thread,

Yes, it's okay to be mad or angry about something somebody says but not to show it!
are you saying that Jesus was in the wrong when he whipped out the money exchangers, out of the temple, or that He sinnned according to yoej_ogart when He :

Mr 3:1And he entered again into the synagogue; and there was a man there which had a withered hand.Mr 3:2And they watched him, whether he would heal him on the sabbath day; that they might accuse him.Mr 3:3And he saith unto the man which had the withered hand, Stand forth.Mr 3:4And he saith unto them, Is it lawful to do good on the sabbath days, or to do evil? to save life, or to kill? But they held their peace.Mr 3:5And when he had looked round about on them with anger, being grieved for the hardness of their hearts, he saith unto the man, Stretch forth thine hand. And he stretched it out: and his hand was restored whole as the other.
you see the scriptures says: (KJB)

Mt 5:22But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother WITHOUT a CAUSE shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

which by the way here is another reason I get angry when people say the NIV is the best translation of scriptures, for on this verse they take out or omit the phrase WITHOUT A CAUSE. thus saying that Jesus sinned Mark 3:5

Matthew 5:22 (New International Version)

22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother[a]will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,[b]' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell.

Footnotes:
  1. Matthew 5:22 Some manuscripts brother without cause
  2. Matthew 5:22 An Aramaic term of contempt

Mark 3:5 (New International Version)

5He looked around at them in anger and, deeply distressed at their stubborn hearts, said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He stretched it out, and his hand was completely restored.

the NIV states that it is wrong to have anger, there is no exception to this(NIV " 22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment.) and then says that Jesus looked at someone in anger, so thus the best translation according to some, has Our Perfect Lamb/ Jesus Christ in subject of judgement.

this alone should be enough to lay that preversion down and never pick it up again. AND IT IS OK FOR ME TO SHOW MY ANGER AND EVEN SHOUT WHEN THEY ATTACK THE AUTHORIZED TRANSLATION OF THE HOLY SCRIPTURES AND TELL YOU THAT THEIR NIV IS A BETTER VERSION FOR TRUELY I HAVE A CAUSE TO DO SO !!!!!!!!!!

M

motojojo

Love one another as I have loved you!!!

wattie

Feb 24, 2009
New Zealand
I believe that in your own church.. disputes, divisions etc aren't a good thing. They do divide, and tear bonds.

BUT

This chat site is not a church. It is just people pushing buttons on a keyboard transmitting messages into cyberspace. Therefore, my expectations are that there will be disagreement and divisions here in this site.

I would like people to believe the bible is God's Word.. that salvation is secure.. etc.. but if I get disagreement I'm not going to back down in the name of unity.. since unity in this chat site is a near impossibility .. and unity in the local assembly you attend is far more important than unity in cyberspace.

In saying this.. I do agree in not personally attacking people.. actually condemning people personally. I am prepared to challenge beliefs. . but won't attack someone personally.

D

dodolah

In saying this.. I do agree in not personally attacking people.. actually condemning people personally. I am prepared to challenge beliefs. . but won't attack someone personally.
Exactly.. but, I think a lot of people here cannot differentiate between being attacked personally and being challenged to proof their beliefs.

Jan 8, 2009
As long as we insult with a loving attitude , it's ok. "do all things in love".

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
At first I was unsure about how many ,would disagree.
But because of the openness of these forums I have seen much accomplished.
There is an honesty and truth that goes a long way here. And because of the debates many questions can be answered.
I agree when people insult and are sarcastic it is over the line .
But that can often open the eyes of many, and witness to each persons heart.
I would rather work in honesty, than in fear and fake words.
But my hope as well is that all will act and post with Jesus in mind.
God bless, pickles

May 21, 2009
Be nice. Check your bibles.

Dec 19, 2009
Here is another Scripture I suppose people are tired of me quoting:

[24] And the Lord's servant must not be quarrelsome but kindly to every one, an apt teacher, forbearing,
[25] correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant that they will repent and come to know the truth,
[26] and they may escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will. 2 Tim 2:24-26 RSV

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009

We gotta start sticking together! Throughout this world, many of us are starting to break apart, just because of a little disagreement. That's why there is radical Christianity, religious Christianity, Mormons, Jehovah witnesses, catholics, Jews.. ecs ecs.. Since the beginning of people being around each other, they have begun to dis agree about something that was said and done.. So they go separate ways and tell others what they themselves believe, sometimes the people that they ended up going to agreed with that person. Same thing goes for the other person.. Well soon they formed groups.. Let's say one group were Jehovah witnesses who thought and believed this or that happened, or is happening.. The other group, hmm? Mormons! Let's say that.. and soon those two groups start going around telling other people what they believe, soon, there are tons of people..

We just keep separating, because most of the people only wanna be around the ones that'll agree with them! ...I mean seriously! It ends up not being a good thing, okay.. For example.. let's say this guy didn't like the super bowl team, yuh know the toughest guys haha.. well he went around saying that he probably could take em or he just doesn't think this or that of em.. Well he finds this guy who ends up being his friend, why? Because he agrees with him about those guys. So they end up going inside the room with all the football guys, intending to beat em up. Now picture them all buff.. His friend tells the guy who hates em, "Go ahead! You can take em." .......Do you actually think that friend is right? haha.. one guy, one tiny guy taking on about 30 football guys who are super buff!? lol.. Nah, a truuee friend would say the opposite haha..

What I'm trying to say is, we gotta learn how to stick together.. Read the Word more.. Talk to people who may disagree with you, so that you could take it in, consider it.. (not arguing back) and pray about it, ask God what his opinion is. Us Christians(like the bible says) are the ones that reign the earth for Him. We are high above all else.. We have Word in our hearts, and love(half of us) like no one else. We shouldn't be going around talking negative or dis agreeing with things, 'cuz as far as they know? Your the devil or your a bad person.. But really, your a Christian.. a child of God, but how your going around doing that, shows them otherwise. So think for a sec, we gotta start loving and less arguing.. Even if that other person is so wrong compared to your opinion? Say, "Okay, now may I share my opinion?" or just say "Okay.." don't get all fired up about it, or start arguing or dis agreeing and getting all sarcastic. I used to do this, a lot.. Well when I was spoken this, I felt so convicted. You are free to share your opinion.. God bless!! Love you all

Btw.. It IS okay to share your opinions on some cases.. but I think it's best to either ask
that someone if you may share your opinion or say it humbly.. With peace inside you, like if you ever get mad about something, calm yourself, and then speak.. I try this method all the time.. It's helping me..
Dear sister in Jesus,

Your concerns are justified, but I believe that things must be this way, for this time. Unity in the Spirit is not ours. This grieves the Spirit greatly. But it is the way it is for now. Not that it must be this way, but it is this way.

Your concern shows that His heart is a part of your heart. He feels the distress of the way things are in His body, much more than we could bear if we knew the full extent of His sorrow.

Things will most likely get worse, not better.

Thank you for your honest concern, which is well founded in the love of Christ.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
I believe that in your own church.. disputes, divisions etc aren't a good thing. They do divide, and tear bonds.

BUT

This chat site is not a church. It is just people pushing buttons on a keyboard transmitting messages into cyberspace. Therefore, my expectations are that there will be disagreement and divisions here in this site.

I would like people to believe the bible is God's Word.. that salvation is secure.. etc.. but if I get disagreement I'm not going to back down in the name of unity.. since unity in this chat site is a near impossibility .. and unity in the local assembly you attend is far more important than unity in cyberspace.

Sometimes the way a thought or question is worded will make one feel condemned, and at other times, shunned. This may not be a "church" but it is part of the body, by the fact that we are of the body of Christ. The church is not what we go to on Sunday or whenever, but it is the brother or sister who loves Jesus and you, the earthly body of Christ in this world. This is the temple of God, and what He does here with the Spirit can be just as wonderful and as much a work of God as any in your church building. I have seen in this group such honest and heart felt love from Jesus, that I know He is working through this. The Spirit is not limited by space and time and communication methods, He touches hearts with the love of Jesus. We are a part of that here.

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
At first I was unsure about how many ,would disagree.
But because of the openness of these forums I have seen much accomplished.
There is an honesty and truth that goes a long way here. And because of the debates many questions can be answered.
I agree when people insult and are sarcastic it is over the line .
But that can often open the eyes of many, and witness to each persons heart.
I would rather work in honesty, than in fear and fake words.
But my hope as well is that all will act and post with Jesus in mind.
God bless, pickles
Much is accomplished. Some of the issues we broach are difficult, some having been issues for centuries. And any time we examine another persons beliefs, there is the possibility of hurt feelings.
Some here tend to be autocratic. I understand why. It is their desire to protect.
Some are dogmatic. The body is made up of all sorts or parts.

But we are a body, and we have one head, Jesus Christ. Every part is needed. Every part has something to offer.

Thank you for this encouragement

Jan 8, 2009
yes Thaddeus, smack them over the head, but with a loving attitude in your heart.

G

greatkraw

yes Thaddeus, smack them over the head, but with a loving attitude in your heart.
(whacks Snail on the back of his head with a wet fish)

(oh for the ancient art of eckythump)

L

lighthousejohn

"ye must worship in spirit and truth, being honest with someone is being nice"

The purpose of any pastor, teacher, scholar or lay person isto encourage (Paul used the word "exhort" which means to tell someone the truth that they don't want to hear. For example he would saysomething like this: You know that which you should beoing but yoiu are no tdoing it. Do that which is right.) To tell someone a truth without love is no being nice it is beig cruel. We may think that we are helping them but we have instead done them great harm. Jesus always spoke out of love, giving words of encouragement, healing and forgiveness. His purpose was to heal (restore) the entire person; physically, spiritually, socially and mentally. There are many examples of this type of healing thoughout the NewTestament. We are told to be more like Christ, yet we deliver His truths with a mailed fist. I ask "Where is the love?"

Let us give words of encouragement even when we disagree with them. Jesus rebuked Martha but He did it in love with tendernes. We should do the same.

M

machew

The Bible is pretty clear what Love is and is not in 1 Corinthians 13:4-10(emphasis mine) and what it means to be a disciple of Jesus (John 13:35).

4Love is patient, love is kind and is not jealous; love does not brag and is not arrogant, 5does not act unbecomingly; it does not seek its own, is not provoked, does not take into account a wrong suffered,
6does not rejoice in unrighteousness, but rejoices with the truth;
7bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8Love never fails; but if there are gifts of prophecy, they will be done away; if there are tongues, they will cease; if there is knowledge, it will be done away.
9For we know in part and we prophesy in part;
10but when the perfect comes, the partial will be done away.
11When I was a child, I used to speak like a child, think like a child, reason like a child; when I became a man, I did away with childish things.
12For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then I will know fully just as I also have been fully known.
13But now faith, hope, love, abide these three; but the greatest of these is love.
John 13:35(emphasis mine)
35"By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
Notice it doesn't say "if you have love for one another sometimes." Jesus meant all the time.

I would encourage all to meditate on these verses. The best verses to meditate for hours on, are those you are familiar with. Familiar verses are usually the verses we get the least out of because we have the lowest expectation of gaining something out of them. When we have a low expectation of gaining something out of a verse it is because we are puffed up in our knowledge(in pride).

Another thing to note, a defensive reaction is always due to pride. If you were truly confident in your position, you would not feel the urging need to defend yourself. Also before some of you come flaming back at me with 1 Corinthians 13:6 telling me that this is what they are doing, consider what it actually says. No where is it say "gets angry at the unrighteous, or argue with the unrighteous" The only thing I see there is what to rejoice about and what not to rejoice about.

I post this for the benefit of everyone, because I love everyone here. You don't need to agree with me, though I have the strong conviction that God is with me on this one. Nor do I have any need for you to agree with me. My heart is that this post would simply be for your benefit.

In Love,

Machew