those are fighting words!

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Another post inspired this Idea.
More and more lately I am seeing requests for prayer or protection against the attacks of satan and evil's temptations.
I thought that with all the combined knowladge here we could put together alot of good words , advice and scripture to give all alot of powerful fighting words In Jesus Our Lord and Savior!

So lets put together some fighting words!

God bless, pickles :D

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
One of the most effective methods for me have of course been to rebuke in the name of Jesus Our Lord and Savior.
But if you really want to see the evil little bugger run....... just start praiseing the name of Jesus, eather in word or song.
This is very applicable in the sleep faze or just getting the willies situations.
God bless, pickles

M

machew

Some good verses:
“Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it” (Col. 2:15).
“...For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil” (1 John 3:8)
“...He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world” (1 John 4:4).

This shows us that Jesus already won. The devil only has access to you because of lies that you believe about yourself, God, or others; and sin in your life, especially unforgiveness (2 Cor. 2:11). Another way the devil tries to gain access to your life is by using these same tactics with someone in authority over you.

A good exerpt from Dr. Dale A. Robbins:
Any area of your life which is not submitted to God is considered open territory to the devil, and he has the right to bring his expanding influence to those areas. This is why the scripture says, “...submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you” (James 4:7). The only way to actually resist satan is to submit yourself fully to God. This was what Jesus was referring to when He said, “...the ruler of this world is coming, and he has nothing in Me” (John 14:30). Jesus had submitted himself to His Father, and although the devil would try Him, there was nothing for the devil to use to gain an advantage over Jesus.
For more info about why this is the case, you can read a previous thread submitted on CC:
http://www.christianchat.com/showthread.php?t=8958

Blessings,

Machew

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Some good verses:
“Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it” (Col. 2:15).
“...For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil” (1 John 3:8)
“...He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world” (1 John 4:4).

This shows us that Jesus already won. The devil only has access to you because of lies that you believe about yourself, God, or others; and sin in your life, especially unforgiveness (2 Cor. 2:11). Another way the devil tries to gain access to your life is by using these same tactics with someone in authority over you.

A good exerpt from Dr. Dale A. Robbins:
For more info about why this is the case, you can read a previous thread submitted on CC:
http://www.christianchat.com/showthread.php?t=8958

Blessings,

Machew
Thankyou, very good fighting words.
Ok everyone lets keep this going.
The war is already won! we are sharing history here.:D
God bless, pickles

O

oopsies

But if you really want to see the evil little bugger run....... just start praiseing the name of Jesus, eather in word or song.
I do this. For me, it's effective because my mind is focused on praising God rather than any fears/problems. I always make silent prayers to God asking Him to give me strength to get through whatever it is that I'm facing. You know, the "quick prayers."

VW

Banned
Dec 22, 2009
Another post inspired this Idea.
More and more lately I am seeing requests for prayer or protection against the attacks of satan and evil's temptations.
I thought that with all the combined knowladge here we could put together alot of good words , advice and scripture to give all alot of powerful fighting words In Jesus Our Lord and Savior!

So lets put together some fighting words!

God bless, pickles :D
I have found that the best way to avoid or overcome or defeat the devil's wiles is to be in the presence of the Lord. When He is present, the enemy is already defeated. I find that the devil and his minions have very little if any success at deluding me or leading me astray, into temptation, when I am in the presence of Jesus.

But how does one walk in the presence of our Lord? By asking Him to be with us, to manifest His presence in and with us, and to believe. To listen to that small still voice which we know is His voice, and to praise Him in heart and mind. To sit and to work and to walk and to sleep in this stance. It takes practice, and we won't be perfect at first, maybe not ever, but even when we find ourselves not in His presence, then we are back in His presence, as soon as we realize we were not. And if any bad thing happened, He will remind us and convict us and cleanse us and grow us, all in His love. Against such, the devil has no weapons.

"If then you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things which are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory. "

S

shad

I have found that the best way to avoid or overcome or defeat the devil's wiles is to be in the presence of the Lord. When He is present, the enemy is already defeated. I find that the devil and his minions have very little if any success at deluding me or leading me astray, into temptation, when I am in the presence of Jesus.

But how does one walk in the presence of our Lord? By asking Him to be with us, to manifest His presence in and with us, and to believe. To listen to that small still voice which we know is His voice, and to praise Him in heart and mind. To sit and to work and to walk and to sleep in this stance. It takes practice, and we won't be perfect at first, maybe not ever, but even when we find ourselves not in His presence, then we are back in His presence, as soon as we realize we were not. And if any bad thing happened, He will remind us and convict us and cleanse us and grow us, all in His love. Against such, the devil has no weapons.

"If then you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God. Set your mind on the things above, not on the things which are on earth. For you have died and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, is revealed, then you also will be revealed with Him in glory. "
Thank God for the written word that can become the living word in our experience through the Spirit of faith and the word of His grace. The way we resist the devil by faith through the written word and he will flee from us the same way he did from our Lord when being tempted in His humanity in the wilderness.

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Thankyou all for your posts.
I hope more will add to this. It has been a concern to me that so many, especially our young christians have felt under attack.
This could be a good learning tool for them.
It looks like the best tool, as all of you have shared, is to be in the presance of Jesus. Amen on this!
God bless, pickles

I

iliveforHim

[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]This is one of my favorite songs... :)[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Worthy is the,
Lamb who was slain
Holy, Holy, is He
Sing a new song, to Him who sits on
Heaven's Mercy Seat
[Repeat 2x]

(Chorus)
Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come
With all creation I sing:
Praise to the King of Kings!
You are my everything,
And I will adore You…!
Yeah!

Clothed in rainbows, of living color
Flashes of lightning, rolls of thunder
Blessing and honor, strength and
Glory and power be
To You the Only Wise King,
Yeah

(Chorus)
Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come, yeah
You are my everything,
And – I - will - adore You!
Yeah!

Filled with wonder,
Awestruck wonder
At the mention of Your Name
Jesus, Your Name is Power
Breath, and Living Water
Such a marvelous mystery
Yeah...

(Chorus)
Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come, yeah
You are my everything,
And – I - will - adore You!

Holy, Holy, Holy
Is the Lord God Almighty
Who was, and is, and is to come,
You are my everything,
And – I - will - adore YOU…

[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica,sans-serif]By Phillips Craig & Dean
[/FONT]

pickles

Apr 20, 2009
Those are beautiful words. I dont know if Ive heard this song.
Ill have to ask my daughter if she has it.
God bless, pickles

I

iliveforHim

It's a beautiful song...I hope you get the joy of hearing it some time soon! :)

M

Mal316

Do not be afraid of them; the LORD your God himself will fight for you. Deut 3:22

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you. Deut 31:6

Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation. Isaiah 12:2

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ. 2 Cor 10:3-5

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:10-18

G

Gabriel777

Satan cannot do anything without God's permission. Why worry so much about it? God controls everything and those temptations and trials come from God. To be strong in those trials just read study the Word so the Holy Spirit is able to strengthen your convictions.