Time travel

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.
Feb 16, 2011
John the Apostle saw the future in visions in Revelation. From the Isle of Patmos 2,000 years ago John the Apostle saw the future. It's amazing that he saw our future that long ago. Could we call John the first time traveler (as much as possible). He really saw it. I don't believe he was there but I do believe he was shown it in a vision very real.

R

rainacorn

Then no. If he didn't actually travel then you can't really call him a time traveler, mate.

Nice idea though

May 4, 2011
Time travel doesn't actually break any of the laws of physics it is possible.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Was revelation 12 in the future from John's perspective?

Feb 16, 2011
Was revelation 12 in the future from John's perspective?
I believe Revelations is the future in Chronilogical order. So yes I do believe that chapter 12 is the future. It would be hard to take chapter 12 out of Revelation and make it the past or present. All the chapters together are the Revelation.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
You do know that this the child is Jesus, the woman is Israel?????

F

Fidelis

Time travel doesn't actually break any of the laws of physics it is possible.
It actually does break laws of physics. Just read Einstein's theory of relativity.

May 4, 2011
Now I need to go search out Focus you'll get you're reply in a day when I find it.

Crypto

Nov 14, 2009
I believe Revelations is the future in Chronilogical order. So yes I do believe that chapter 12 is the future. It would be hard to take chapter 12 out of Revelation and make it the past or present. All the chapters together are the Revelation.
Chronological order? It actually jumps around between heaven and earth so it's not in perfect chronological order.

Feb 16, 2011
Chronoligical has to do with time, not place. I believe the start of Revelation is the begining of it and the end is the end. That makes it chronological.

phil36

Feb 12, 2009
Chapter 12 alone shows that it is not in chronolgical order.

A

AnandaHya

all the prophets prophecies of the future and David spoke of seeing the Messiah. most had visions or dreams and did not travel physically.some encountered angels. the Bible makes a distinction between them all. perhaps we should remember them?

one of the earlier prophetic visions recorded in the Bible:
Genesis 15

God’s Covenant with Abram

1 After these things the word of the LORD came to Abram in a vision, saying, “Do not be afraid, Abram. I am your shield, your exceedingly great reward.”
2 But Abram said, “Lord GOD, what will You give me, seeing I go childless, and the heir of my house is Eliezer of Damascus?” 3 Then Abram said, “Look, You have given me no offspring; indeed one born in my house is my heir!”
4 And behold, the word of the LORD came to him, saying, “This one shall not be your heir, but one who will come from your own body shall be your heir.” 5 Then He brought him outside and said, “Look now toward heaven, and count the stars if you are able to number them.” And He said to him, “So shall your descendants be.”
6 And he believed in the LORD, and He accounted it to him for righteousness

Numbers 24:15-17
New King James Version (NKJV)
Balaam’s Fourth Prophecy

15 So he took up his oracle and said:

“The utterance of Balaam the son of Beor,
And the utterance of the man whose eyes are opened;
16 The utterance of him who hears the words of God,
And has the knowledge of the Most High,
Who sees the vision of the Almighty,
Who falls down, with eyes wide open:

17 “I see Him, but not now;
I behold Him, but not near;
A Star shall come out of Jacob;
A Scepter shall rise out of Israel,
And batter the brow of Moab,
And destroy all the sons of tumult.[a

Ezekiel 8:3
He stretched out the form of a hand, and took me by a lock of my hair; and the Spirit lifted me up between earth and heaven, and brought me in visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the north gate of the inner court, where the seat of the image of jealousy was, which provokes to jealousy.

May 4, 2011
Time travel into the future breaks no laws of physics and is possible according to Einsteins Theory on space and time, time travel backwards is a whole different ballgame.

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
Time is just a concept.. it cant be manipulated.. Imagine this.. You travel back in time to anytime before you were born and prevent your parents from getting together..that means you were never born.. so you never went back in time.. so what would happen??

F

Fidelis

Time travel into the future breaks no laws of physics and is possible according to Einsteins Theory on space and time, time travel backwards is a whole different ballgame.
Time travel into the future simply breaks the rule of free will. It will mean that every single step you take has already been decided for you and you won't make real own choices.

Feb 16, 2011
I don't believe Chapter 12 has happened yet. I don't know of anywhere in the past that this chapter has been fulfilled. You said you think the boy is Jesus and the Woman was Israel. Did the Dragon ever try to flood the people of Israel. Did the earth open up and save the woman. Nothing in the New Testament seems to match up that the boy would be Jesus. I don't believe that the woman is Israel because the Bible says that Satan went to make war with " her seed which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ." It's not Israel it's the Church. I don't know anyone who thinks that this happened when Jesus was born because they already have the Testimony of Jesus Christ and I don't know anyone who thinks it's the boy is Jesus because it just doesn't say it is Jesus at all.

D

dovey

I dont think time existis :) In Christ we are eternal creatures (at least part of us is) how does that effect past, present, future? I think Jesus could see in a timeless sort of way, and if we were more in tune with who we are in Him we would be able to see more like God sees (which would make it MUCH easier to love) ?? Love this thread! sooo cool to think about!

May 21, 2009
What about the man in the bible who helped the Unich with the bible then was taken to another place zoom was there and zoom taken to another place on earth?

Dude653

Mar 19, 2011
What about the man in the bible who helped the Unich with the bible then was taken to another place zoom was there and zoom taken to another place on earth?

That was to another place.. not another time