To Sir with Love

• Christian Chat is a moderated online Christian community allowing Christians around the world to fellowship with each other in real time chat via webcam, voice, and text, with the Christian Chat app. You can also start or participate in a Bible-based discussion here in the Christian Chat Forums, where members can also share with each other their own videos, pictures, or favorite Christian music.

If you are a Christian and need encouragement and fellowship, we're here for you! If you are not a Christian but interested in knowing more about Jesus our Lord, you're also welcome! Want to know what the Bible says, and how you can apply it to your life? Join us!

To make new Christian friends now around the world, click here to join Christian Chat.

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
This thread is about teachers. Have there been any memorable teachers in your life, and what did they teach you?

My most favourite teacher is Jesus of course, He has taught me everything and Im still learning.

But what about all the others, have a think about who has taught you and made an impact in your life.

Feb 28, 2016
I was born into a 'cult', they loved and obeyed satan - and thus, they were my 'teachers', or so they thought!
I was 'sacrificed to satan on an altar at the age of 8, made a slave and daughter to him, but,
Yeshua had other plans for me and He delivered me out of the hands of the great deceiver...........

and here am I today', serving my Master in any and all ways that He asks of me: there are no bounderies
that I won't cross in order to serve Him, Jesus Christ in my Love and gratitude for my deliverance...

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013
This thread is about teachers. Have there been any memorable teachers in your life, and what did they teach you?

My most favourite teacher is Jesus of course, He has taught me everything and Im still learning.

But what about all the others, have a think about who has taught you and made an impact in your life.

my number theory teacher, whenever he introduced a theorem or conjecture, instead of giving us a proof ((or letting us know that no one has discovered one)) would ask us all 'do you believe it?'

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

my first statistics teacher was from Peru; i had her course during her first semester en los E.U.
one day a spring shower started to pour rain while she was leading us through derivations; she started staring out the window, trailed off in what she was saying, and just looked, and listened, for maybe 45 seconds, before telling us that where she was from is one of the driest places on earth, and that she had never seen rain anything like this before - actual rain - in her life. and then she watched the rain some more.

posthuman

Jul 31, 2013

my undergraduate linear algebra class consisted of two grades: one midterm and one final exam. 90% of the class flunked out on the first test and stopped showing up. we went from 29 people to 3 after that day ((don't remember how many got out right away when they saw the grading scale in the syllabus)) and we few who remained learned a lot of exciting things about infinite dimensional vector spaces.
the class never got easier; it got harder.

Feb 28, 2016
oh yes, the 'rain' - it's like our blood, it revives and often relieves us in many so many ways -
some of us can feel its power and know/feel where it comes from, it can often heal many of our stresses',
if we can conceive it's Source, accept it and grow...

JaumeJ

Jul 2, 2011
I was born into a 'cult', they loved and obeyed satan - and thus, they were my 'teachers', or so they thought!
I was 'sacrificed to satan on an altar at the age of 8, made a slave and daughter to him, but,
Yeshua had other plans for me and He delivered me out of the hands of the great deceiver...........

and here am I today', serving my Master in any and all ways that He asks of me: there are no bounderies
that I won't cross in order to serve Him, Jesus Christ in my Love and gratitude for my deliverance...

I certainly hope all who need read and understand just how our Fathers Arm (Yeshua) is not shortened that it cannot save. Praise God for you….j

ArtsieSteph

Apr 1, 2014
Arizona
Absolutely.

I always geek out when I can about my awesome English teacher from elementary school. Mr. Winner is his name (if he happens to still be alive), and he was quite honestly the most odd man I had ever teach me. And he was amazing for it.

We were 12 years old and he was quoting us Edgar Allen Poe, and showed us musical numbers from The Macado. He gave us culture, whether we were gonna actually apply it or not. Thankfully God gave me a wonder of the things he was showing us, though I wouldn’t get much enjoyment of relearning them til later.

Also, on one particular occasion, Mr. Winner stood up for me in front of the entire class. A student had been speaking of someone who had bad teeth, of which I happened to have at that time too. As I looked in the classroom another girl pointed at me and laughed, to which the entire room began laughing, not at me but at the other student recalling the story. I buried my head and started crying, at which point Mr. Winner called me up to the front of the classroom and essentially told the entire classroom to back off. That I looked tough but had the skin of an onion, and they needed to be kinder.

Best teacher ever.

Adstar

Jul 24, 2016

Well yep the Holy Spirit is my best teacher but as for human teachers,,

My best human teacher at school was a guy named mr Colthard who was a geography teacher.. I liked geography and he was an enthusiastic teacher of geography so he inspired me to start learning more for myself in my own time.. It had the knock on effect of making me more enthusiastic with school in general..

Lanolin

Dec 15, 2018
its funny I dont really remember my school teachers much or what I learned as I was more of a self-directed book learner than someone who actually learned from a teacher.

But one teacher in primary school stood out it was Miss Relph because she was kind.